Your Latest Irritation

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
People that STOP their car when MERGING ONTO THE HIGHWAY!!! The DMV actually has a section telling people NOT TO STOP, and I bet since the 1st of the month I witnessed this on my way to work 3 times!!!!
REALLY??????:argh:
In Phx. there are lights for entering the highway. If you try to merge when the light is red, then you better hope a cop didn't see it. So you must come to a stop before entering because that light is red as soon as you approach.

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been hurt today by catty (sorry) and ignorant remarks of others. I am subject to these remarks on a daily basis in my line of work, but today it really hurts.
My irritations?

Whenever I happen to mention in conversation with customers that I have a college degree, I get the "and yet you work here"? remark. How ignorant.

My other irritation, probably well-meaning people who will ask why I work so many hours, tell me I can't keep this up, "do I really need to work so hard", I need to enjoy life. Little do these people know that behind my smile I am thinking, "well I need to eat" and they just don't know that I haven't taken a vacation since year 2000 and am living on the edge. Working in a store, people will feel they can openly comment on your situation, like you are a cartoon.

My other irritation is having read the comments about the store clerks and others who don't know how to make change. There are many reasons that we seem so dumb. In my case, it is that I panic when people start bullying comments concerning their doubt that I can figure it out. I freeze. Do they know I took Trigonometry in college? We are not allowed to make change once we tender what is given to us. There are a lot of security reasons for the methods of cashiers, procedures put in place by the company because of con artists. There are learning disabilities also which does not mean someone is not intelligent.

All this being said, I take solace knowing that my parents raised me not to take others for granted.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have been hurt today by catty (sorry) and ignorant remarks of others. I am subject to these remarks on a daily basis in my line of work, but today it really hurts.
My irritations?

Whenever I happen to mention in conversation with customers that I have a college degree, I get the "and yet you work here"? remark. How ignorant.

My other irritation, probably well-meaning people who will ask why I work so many hours, tell me I can't keep this up, "do I really need to work so hard", I need to enjoy life. Little do these people know that behind my smile I am thinking, "well I need to eat" and they just don't know that I haven't taken a vacation since year 2000 and am living on the edge. Working in a store, people will feel they can openly comment on your situation, like you are a cartoon.

My other irritation is having read the comments about the store clerks and others who don't know how to make change. There are many reasons that we seem so dumb. In my case, it is that I panic when people start bullying comments concerning their doubt that I can figure it out. I freeze. Do they know I took Trigonometry in college? We are not allowed to make change once we tender what is given to us. There are a lot of security reasons for the methods of cashiers, procedures put in place by the company because of con artists. There are learning disabilities also which does not mean someone is not intelligent.

All this being said, I take solace knowing that my parents raised me not to take others for granted.
What a sweet spirit and attitude you have. You encourage me.

I get irritated at people in the middle of the shopping aisles pushing their carts, talking on their cell phones and never offering to move out of the way until you ask them.

Kreatorcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Right now it's having to sweep out a trailer that the receiver left full of trash because the next load requires a clean trailer. It's too cold, and I am too old to climb my happy ass up into that 53 foot box to clean up someone else's mess.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I thought about this one earlier today. I squeeze the toothpaste from the bottom. My husband squeezes from the middle. For a long time, it irritated me every time I brushed my teeth. I always thought I had to fix it. We finally got past this "irritation" when I decided to use a different kind of toothpaste. Now I have my tube and he has his. So, maybe there is sometimes a way to overcome some of the things that irritate us. Did you solve a similar issued?

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fun thread! :)
I don't get irritated much, but I do find myself being overly sensitive and getting my feelings hurt easily, then I get irritated at myself for it. I'm aware that it's kind of stupid!
I get more irritated at certain sounds than stuff in general. Drippy faucets in a quiet room, the noise the washing machine makes if there's something with a zipper in it (front loaders re great but the zippers or anything metal hits the front with a loud, sharp repetitive "clank".)
My sense of hearing is very sharp, which can be good but can also be annoying.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a doctors appointment today and had trouble getting a parking space close to his office. It was pouring down raining and I could not see a empty space anywhere. Finally a lady comes and gets in her car. She sits and sits and sits and never leaves. Another lady comes out and is trying to put something in the back of her van. Then another lady came out and sits in her car looking at a piece of paper. They can all see me waiting for a space. I know I sat there at least 5 minutes and finally the lady in the van leaves. That is just plain rude. I was almost late for my appointment.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Management of my Apartment building!! Those who have let this place decline to such an extent.. and the new owners who are overdue ing the 'renovations".. sole purpose to sell the building.. not telling the tenants...

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fun thread! :)
I don't get irritated much, but I do find myself being overly sensitive and getting my feelings hurt easily, then I get irritated at myself for it. I'm aware that it's kind of stupid!
I get more irritated at certain sounds than stuff in general. Drippy faucets in a quiet room, the noise the washing machine makes if there's something with a zipper in it (front loaders re great but the zippers or anything metal hits the front with a loud, sharp repetitive "clank".)
My sense of hearing is very sharp, which can be good but can also be annoying.
Or people swallowing. I don't know why, but this sound seems to overpower everything else. I can't even eat dinner with other people because the sound of others swallowing makes me almost physically ill.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Or people swallowing. I don't know why, but this sound seems to overpower everything else. I can't even eat dinner with other people because the sound of others swallowing makes me almost physically ill.
Or really noisy open mouthed chewing. That really, really grosses me out.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Talking to people who always turn the conversation to their own thoughts and questions. I mean sometimes it's following the flow of conversation. But can we please answer the person who brought it up first? :hmmm: It can be pretty rude. :nono: