Your Latest Irritation

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Husbands who spend Sunday multitasking at watching football and then texting friends about the play that just happened on the sports channel.
:rolleyes3:

All he hears me saying from the other room (10 feet away) is "blah blah blah, blah blah, blah, and blah - didn't you hear me?! hey!"

:dizzy:

nansiludie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd say that I do tend to let little things bother me. Too much actually and that's something I'm going to be working on fixing this year.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh man. Sometimes it's super easy to irritate me and so I'll leave out the teacher frustrations snd focus on two driving ones instead.

I do a lot of city driving and one is the people who park in the middle of the street with their blinkers on waiting for someone. And if they would go up one house there's a spot next to the curb. But nope, they have to block everyone.

The other are pedestrians who cross the street when we have a green light and there are a lot of cars coming and they don't want to wait their turn. I'm more inclined to let it go if they're clearly in a rush like trying to catch a bus, but most just saunter. Ugh.

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
Just venting here. Do you allow yourself to let things get on your nerves? Sometimes I think we all do. It usually happens to me with small things that are picky. My latest is I bought a different kind of toilet paper because it was on sale and I had a nice coupon. I should have known better. Well, much to my dismay, the paper has no inside cardboard roll. Nice. ***####. :hyper: I am just glad it was not a 24 roll package.
Some brand claims they're saving trees by not putting a tube in the roll. The tubes are so flimsy these days they squash into ovals or worse, making the toilet paper unroll weirdly.

I hope there's at least a hole for you to put the holder through. I'd go to the company's website and tell them how disappointed you are.

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, on the bright side, I think no cardboard tube in the t.p. is better than having a cardboard tube made into twice the diameter than usual so that there is less toilet paper on the roll. Many companies starting doing that several years ago, to save on actual toilet paper costs. They are swindling us!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The truth here is I took out the rolls and threw away the wrapping. I don't know what brand this is. I do remember where I bought it, and that it was not the kind I usually buy.

Max's Human

MAX
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Stupidity is everywhere and the older I get the more I realize COMMON SENSE went the way of the Indians!!!! At Mc Donalds when it takes the manager to make change AND he used his smartphone, REALLY???
EVER WONDER WHY THEY CALL THEM SMARTPHONES?:argh:

nansiludie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Stupidity is everywhere and the older I get the more I realize COMMON SENSE went the way of the Indians!!!! At Mc Donalds when it takes the manager to make change AND he used his smartphone, REALLY???
EVER WONDER WHY THEY CALL THEM SMARTPHONES?:argh:
I wouldn't necessarily call it stupidity. Schools are no longer teaching them how to make change, schools aren't teaching handwriting anymore. A lot of skills that used to be taught aren't anymore. Just because someone learns something differently or isn't taught something the way others have doesn't make them stupid. Just my :2cents:

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
Schools are no longer teaching how to make change, schools aren't teaching handwriting anymore. A lot of skills that used to be taught aren't anymore.
~ Sad but true . It's all in a book titled 'The Dumbing Down Of America' . I once had a conversation with my mom's doctor about this years ago. Her child was in private school and the doctor was very upset they were not learning multiple times table and simple math skills .

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
~ Sad but true . It's all in a book titled 'The Dumbing Down Of America' . I once had a conversation with my mom's doctor about this years ago. Her child was in private school and the doctor was very upset they were not learning multiple times table and simple math skills .
JamesCalifornia JamesCalifornia - A lovely illustration thereof: a journalist unable to divine that 131 inches is more than ten feet, without the use of Google:

"131 inches long from nose to tailbone. If you do the math (who are we kidding, I Googled it), that is over 10 feet." - Google Search

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
My granddaughter was in the Harmony schools in Houston. They took education very seriously. The kids learned math skills in pre-school and were doing multiplication and and division by second grade. They were also discussing world events and history at that grade. Foreign languages were introduced very early. The school had an international student body. She was doing calculus in ninth grade. She started learning the viola in 7th grade. She couldn't have been given a better education. However, her schools were the exception. I'm certain she would have been able to have her pick of colleges.

On the other hand, my husband likes to spend $2 bills. He gets varied responses, including one young clerk who called her manager over to ask if they accepted them. An acquaintance bought food at a fast food place. He paid with a $2 bill. The clerk refused to take it, saying it was counterfeit. The manager was called and he also refused the money. It got so heated that security was called. The officer asked what the problem with the money was. At least he knew it was legitimate.

Try giving a cashier the extra penny after the change has been figured. Nine times out of ten, the clerk won't be able to figure the change correctly. They all put the money in the proper position in the till and snap the retainer down on it so they have no proof of what bills you gave them.

Our President reads and comprehends at a fourth grade level. That's scary.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
The truth here is I took out the rolls and threw away the wrapping. I don't know what brand this is. I do remember where I bought it, and that it was not the kind I usually buy.
I'm not sure, but I think Scott is the company that stopped using the cardboard inserts. It seems to me a while back I bought Scott and there were no inserts.

Right now, contractors are really frustrating me. We had a contractor in to estimate some work. He was to mail us his estimate. Never mailed anything, never called. I called him yesterday. He apologized profusely and promised to call Rick last night. Never called, still no estimate. If somebody is that busy, just tell me that you don't have the time. Don't leave me hanging!

As easy as it was to do the kitchen, it's getting really difficult to do the bathroom. And I don't get it. We always pay people right away; we don't make changes, we really try to work with people when they do things for us. It's so frustrating I could spit right now.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Winchester Winchester I intend to pay attention when I restock toilet paper. My trusted brand was Cottonelle, and an Aldi's brand that I believe is Willowy.

It is troublesome when people don't follow through on what they say. But I take that as a warning they are not the ones who I need to do my work anyway and then I look elsewhere.

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
I had an interesting conversation with a friend recently about the sense of time. He mentioned that "time sense" is both cultural and individual.

The US is very clock oriented, whereas other cultures can be more flexible in their definition of when things are supposed to happen. This can lead to some irritations and sometimes perceived insult between some people (especially Americans in other countries), because they feel that their time is not being valued.

On an individual level, some people have a more liner sense of time, whereas others have a "event based" sense of time. While one person may be able to remember exactly what happened a week ago, on what day, and what hour, another person may only be able to remember that something happened "a few days ago". This is something that my hubby and I go back and forth on every so often. He'll say something happened a few days ago, and I'll have to press him to clarify whether it was actually a few WEEKS (or even months) ago! It can be somewhat annoying on occasion.

Lately, I'm more annoyed with myself because I can't seem to find the motivation to get things done that I know need doing. :sigh:

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I went grocery shopping and looked at all Scott's packages. They had the cardboard inserts, so I don't know what I bought. The paper is fine, but it makes a mess coming off the roll Winchester Winchester .

Max's Human

MAX
Alpha Cat
Purraise
People that STOP their car when MERGING ONTO THE HIGHWAY!!! The DMV actually has a section telling people NOT TO STOP, and I bet since the 1st of the month I witnessed this on my way to work 3 times!!!!
REALLY??????:argh: