Your Latest Irritation

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just venting here. Do you allow yourself to let things get on your nerves? Sometimes I think we all do. It usually happens to me with small things that are picky. My latest is I bought a different kind of toilet paper because it was on sale and I had a nice coupon. I should have known better. Well, much to my dismay, the paper has no inside cardboard roll. Nice. ***####. :hyper: I am just glad it was not a 24 roll package.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Oh yes I get flipping angry and blow up like a volcano then laugh after how stupid I look..but hey I am me and yes a good yelling and swearing always makes me feel good-along with a fling of a hammer against a wall for added measure.

Absolutely understand..leave a review on that stores site=let people know that they stole the cardboard thingy inside. Cheap buggers.

Let's see-today I have been ok- the last time I blew up, huh...listening to some rubbish on tv from some uninformed news reporter...yeah that really irritates me-that people do an internet search and proclaim it gospel instead of seeking out people who have knowledge of said issues/products. THAT ticks me off...just because you see it on tv doesn't mean it's correct.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
More like a daily irritation driving to work out of town 3 days a week. Speed limit is 65, but there's always someone who bottlenecks traffic with both the car in the fast and slow lanes driving well below the speed limit and keeping anyone else from passing. I want to yell at the fast lane person, "If you won't at least drive the speed limit, move over temporarily and let the 6-12 cars behind you get through!!!" Log jammers. :yelling: I just dislike driving in general, and much preferred when I was working from home. I want to instantly "zap" myself from point A to point B.

Other than that, I get irritated by some things, but bounce back fairly quickly without too much hubbub.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
If I'm in a bad mood just about anything can irk me, but most of the time I just shrug my shoulders over small irritations or roll my eyes.

I did feel like ranting this morning. We have a stray dog at the shelter that's got a microchip, but the chip isn't registered. No ID tag, no license on his collar. That's par for the course for stray cats, too. :angrycat:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The lack of a cardboard tube is the latest thing---cuts down on waste and landfill, and less mess in, say, an office bathroom. You have to really read the package (or take a good look at the contents) to see what you're getting. If it works out I imagine all TP rolls will be cardboard-free soon.

Hmm, what's bugging me now. . .sidewalk salt. People track it in and it gets everywhere and is hard to sweep up. And it leaves a weird film on the floor. Ugh. And people driving on icy roads. They either drive like maniacs or go 5 mph while stomping the brakes every 500 feet. If you live in an area that gets icy roads you really should learn how to drive on them, or don't go out when they're icy.

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I could win a prize at lettings things really get to me.:lol: The intensity that it bothers me varies greatly. I have a mood disorder and if I am not taking my medicine correctly, the smallest things can be devastating to me. During good periods of time, I can more easily put irritations aside. What I have a hard time shaking off, however, is the widespread public indifference and inconsideration. I don't understand how people can be in a public place and not respect what is not theirs or not respect other people we share the planet with! Ok, I'll stop.:lol:

For all who posted about being irritated, sometimes we just need to get it out in the open and have someone hear us. Hugs to all my friends on this site, irritated or not.:alright: :hugs:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Right now, I'd say that it's driving back and forth to work. I'm a mutterer and I do a lot of muttering on my commute. Many of our roads are under construction because of the bridge being built over the Susquehanna. We have a lot of trailer trucks driving up and down Route 15 (they used to take Rt 147) and it's adding to the traffic. They're going through town because it's quicker than taking the detour and that's creating trouble in town. They're not paying any attention at all to the "Left Lane No Trucks" signs along the highway, pulling into the left lane in front of people and generally being a nuisance. I know, I know, we need trailer trucks....I get it, I do. But darn it, NIMBY. :lol: (To be fair, Rick has often said that there should be a law that nobody can be on the highway while I am going to or from work. It's just easier for everybody.)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
W Willowy I do hope you are wrong about the lack of the cardboard roll in the center becoming the normal. This customer won't be buying anymore of it.

Has anyone seen paper towels without a roll. Now I am really going to read the packaging to make sure I get a cardboard roll in mine. ;)

Last edited:

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate it when people knock on my door. When I don't answer it they leave advertising and their calling cards all over my front steps. I don't answer the door because I'm partially disabled and it hurts to be running up and down the steps every time some idiot tries to sell me something. When I tell them I am not interested in what they have to offer they get nasty with me.

Kreatorcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
As a trucker I have had to learn to let things go instead of letting them affect my mood,and subsequently my driving. In fact,I drive at night to avoid most of the things that frustrate me to no end. That being said....

My biggest complaint,and the one that I express in no uncertain terms,is men who trash public toilets. If I walk into a stall I just saw someone come out of,and he didn't flush,or peed on the seat...I go off on them. Right in front of everybody. I'll follow them out into the truck stop berating them! "Didn't your mommy teach you how to use the bathroom?! Betcha don't do that at home! Leaving it for someone else to clean up? HEY EVERYONE! EVER WONDERED WHO WOULD PEE ON A TOILET SEAT? THIS IS THE GUY RIGHT HERE!"

On many occasions,I have received applause from those watching as the offender quickly leaves. This happens way more often than you would want to know.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
there are many days that i would describe myself as 'old, tired, and grumpy'.

the latest irritation was looking out the window this morning and seeing that it looks like the neighbor's snow plow dude has again deposited some snow he removed from the neighbor's driveway onto my driveway and partially encasing my trash can......:angryfire: now, i have a lawn tractor with snow blower attachment, but that pile of snow will need shoveling before it will be able to be snow blown. that's more work for me, dealing with someone elses snow.

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do get annoyed very easily, even silly things like someone reading a text and not answering can get my goat if I've been having a bad day. What annoys me at the moment is how people like to surprise me with last minute exams.

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
... men who trash public toilets. If I walk into a stall I just saw someone come out of,and he didn't flush,or peed on the seat...I go off on them. Right in front of everybody. I'll follow them out into the truck stop berating them! "Didn't your mommy teach you how to use the bathroom?! Betcha don't do that at home! Leaving it for someone else to clean up?
~:clap2: I see a new reality TV show in the making ! :tongue: