Black - 4.5oz. 4.8oz. 5.7oz. 6.7oz
Grey - 3.5oz. 4.0oz. 4.8oz. 5.6oz

:rbheart:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
This is very good. One week old today. They have each gained a good 2 ounces apiece since birth, and I am very pleased for the first week.

Continue to weigh daily and post it for us. You and mama kitty are doing a great job so far :).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mommyofsimba

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Weights look good!  How is mom doing?
Hi thank you she's doing so good with the babies. Simba is not happy not going out it's getting to her. She is crying by window and door a lot. I feel so bad. Is there anything I can do put tv on or music or something to calm her nerves. I know she must want a break. Also she loves nibbling on grass could I go get a grass patch I've seen at pet store. She doesn't like the formula milk I tried giving her. If I could find goat milk can I do that? Thank you so much. :rbheart:

mommyofsimba

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This is very good. One week old today. They have each gained a good 2 ounces apiece since birth, and I am very pleased for the first week.

Continue to weigh daily and post it for us. You and mama kitty are doing a great job so far :).

Thank you so much. Simba is doing great. She's a little agitated past few days with crying by the door to go out. I feel so bad. I want to make her happy. I don't know what to do. I am not letting her out. I was thinking a grass patch. She is eating good but not the kmr milk or whiskers milk. I was thinking if I can buy goats milk have no where to get it but I know cows milk is very bad for them. I don't want to make her stressed because since I found her and took her In off street she was very bad with anxiety. Super nervous kitty. I want her to be healthy and keep tending to the kittens. Thank u :rbheart:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, you can try goat's milk.

I'm sorry she is stressed. I suggest you buy a Felliway diffuser and plug it in near her nest. It emits calming pheromones and should help with her anxiety. You can also get refills. It lasts about one month.

By all means get a grass patch for her! She will love it.

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can get grass at the grocery store.  It's in the produce aisle and less than half the cost of the pet store.  look by the organic fresh herbs.

mommyofsimba

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes, you can try goat's milk.

I'm sorry she is stressed. I suggest you buy a Felliway diffuser and plug it in near her nest. It emits calming pheromones and should help with her anxiety. You can also get refills. It lasts about one month.

By all means get a grass patch for her! She will love it.
I haven't found goats milk. I've used felliway spray and where I sprayed it she didn't like the smell from the spray. I tried to spray it on her blanket on couch before I sprayed it in carrier when she got her shots. Didn't work out so good. Not to mention I was told she was a boy and she is microchipped as a male fromVet. Will of course changing vet for her.

Any type of grass. I tried 2 supermarkets and nothing. Pet store I think sells the catnip but I wanted real grass not catnip. She's never had catnip I was worried it would make her more anxious.

She's doing good. Eating good. I will post weights below.

Thank you so much ;)

mommyofsimba

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You can get grass at the grocery store.  It's in the produce aisle and less than half the cost of the pet store.  look by the organic fresh herbs.
Hi okay I went to two supermarkets I will try a pet store just regular grass is wheatgrass ok? I know she misses her nibbles. Posting weights below thank you ::wavey:

mommyofsimba

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Tonight when they woke up some eyes were opened wow! They are now even more adorable will take pics later on. I also bought from Home Depot a thermometer reader and with just fan on but not near them just to give air it said 79 80 degrees. Simba loves sleeping near AC. It makes sense why she moved them to the cool tile now. So proud of her. I put AC on did the reader and it's about 76.

Weights for Friday august 21 and Saturday aug 22

Friday Saturday

Aug 21 Aug 22

Orange 1. 7.6oz. 8.0oz.
Orange 2. 7.1oz 7.7oz
Orange 3. 6.3oz. 6.6oz
Black 7.1oz. 7.6oz
Grey 5.9oz. 6.3oz.

Additional information : Born Friday Aug 14

Saturday Sunday Tuesday Thursday
Aug 15. Aug 16. Aug 18. Aug 20.

Orange 1- 4.2oz. 4.8oz. 6.0oz. 6.9oz
Orange 2- 4.3oz. 4.6oz. 5.7oz. 6.8oz
Orange 3- 3.6oz. 4.0oz. 4.8oz. 5.9oz

:sun:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Ah, the weights are terrific! I'm so pleased :).

Felliway: Spray never works. The plug-in is a completely different experience. You'll see if you try it.

Grass: Buy a kit and grow a tray. In the meantime, pick a handful of blades and bring them in for her.

A/C: It's fine. Simba will keep her kittens warm. It's too hot not to run it at a comfortable temperature for everyone.

Looking forward to pictures! Very exciting that eyes are opening :).

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I get wheat grass.  I live in the San Francisco Bay area and can get odd things at  the grocery store.

You can get a kit and plant some yourself.

mommyofsimba

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Weights in :-) for Aug 23 and aug 25 :rbheart:

**************Aug 21 Aug 22. Aug 23. Aug 25

Orange1.****7.6oz. 8.0oz. 8.7oz 9.7oz
Orange 2.****7.1oz 7.7oz. 8.3oz. 9.5oz
Orange 3.****6.3oz. 6.6oz. 7.3oz. 7.8oz
Black ********7.1oz. 7.6oz. 8.3oz. 8.9oz
Grey*********5.9oz. 6.3oz. 6.8oz. 7.2oz.

* how is the tiny grey doing? I did notice the bigger ones are getting more feeding sessions whether it's just one of the bigger or 2 of them while the rest sleep. If I see this should I wake up the grey and put him on nipple or is he okay? When they all feed they all feed but sometimes the big ones will get extra feeding. Is this normal. They are getting so big and such good babies.

Additional information : Born Friday Aug 14

Saturday Sunday Tuesday Thursday
Aug 15. Aug 16. Aug 18. Aug 20.

Orange 1- 4.2oz. 4.8oz. 6.0oz. 6.9oz
Orange 2- 4.3oz. 4.6oz. 5.7oz. 6.8oz
Orange 3- 3.6oz. 4.0oz. 4.8oz. 5.9oz

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Things are going beautifully!

Continue watching orange 3 and little grey for weight gains, they are still fragile and we don't want any slips, just big gains every day!!

Great job :))

mommyofsimba

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Please look at the weights. Orange 3 had no weight gains today. I did weigh a little earlier today. I noticed orange 3 on nipple. But sometimes while the bigger ones are feeding the tiny sleep. The scale might be off by 1ounce I notice sometimes. If they move around a little. Now that they are getting really big I see it's difficult for 5 feeding at a time to get on the nipples. Orange 1 is huge he only gained an ounce but is always feeding? Do sometimes they won't gain or very little? What do you think? What should I watch for? Tomorrow they are 2 weeks old :rbheart: Ps I did buy the wheatgrass already made and Simba seems to nibble.

Weights August 26 and Aug 27
Orange 1. 10.2oz. 10.3oz
Orange 2. 9.7oz. 10.2
Orange 3. 8.3oz. 8.3oz. Same weight?
Black 9.5oz. 9.9oz
Grey 7.7oz. 8.3oz.

**************Aug 21 Aug 22. Aug 23. Aug 25

Orange1.****7.6oz. 8.0oz. 8.7oz 9.7oz
Orange 2.****7.1oz 7.7oz. 8.3oz. 9.5oz
Orange 3.****6.3oz. 6.6oz. 7.3oz. 7.8oz
Black ********7.1oz. 7.6oz. 8.3oz. 8.9oz
Grey*********5.9oz. 6.3oz. 6.8oz. 7.2oz.

@catwoman707 @sarthur2 @handsomekitty

Last edited:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
They look like they are doing well for two weeks old and with six kittens nursing. The goal is 16 ounces at four weeks, so four of them are well on their way, and two of them are halfway at the halfway point, which is all good!

Do keep an eye on the two smaller ones. If there is no weight gain, they will need supplementing. That or you can take the bigger ones out every couple of hours and make sure the two smaller ones are latched and nursing during this time.

mommyofsimba

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
They look like they are doing well for two weeks old and with six kittens nursing. The goal is 16 ounces at four weeks, so four of them are well on their way, and two of them are halfway at the halfway point, which is all good!

Do keep an eye on the two smaller ones. If there is no weight gain, they will need supplementing. That or you can take the bigger ones out every couple of hours and make sure the two smaller ones are latched and nursing during this time.

Hi thank you for all your help. I been recording the weights daily and will post. Friday they are 3 weeks already. Time flys. 5 kittens so far so good.

I really need advisement as moving forward what next steps to be prepared for. My 3 biggest questions are when do I introduce and start weaning to soft food. I read at 4 weeks. How old are they for adoption. I read 8 weeks. I have 5 kittens and only secured 1 home for grey right now. I'm trying my best. And because simba is having some difficulties with staying inside when can I fix her. I need to asap. Last few days I took her on leash for air. I'm trying my best. At night she doesnt allow me to sleep because she crys by door. I also feel the kittens need a little more room when I tried to extend where they are she tried moving them again so I put it back. She knows best. But they are active and I want them happy. They are going to need room to play. Where she has them there is no real light or windows so I put the light on a little a day so there eyes can get stronger. It's not a bright light at all. I want to buy them toys and I bought them a big pet bed but when I moved the box to fit it I guess simba wasn't ready for haVing them get more room so I had to fix it back. Sorry for all the questions. Any informations and advisement really appreciaited ♡