"you abuse your cat because you called it a bad name"

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I call my cat Crackhead, but the name suits him perfectly... he's always fidgeting with stuff and messing it up or knocking it over (like an actual crackhead), and he rockets around the house like a meteor at all hours of day & night. I don't usually call my cats bad names, I may say things like "Blasted varmint!!!" and "Godd@% Crackhead!!!" But normally I don't sweat the small stuff... however, knocking over a full beer after I just set it down is generally good for a blast of seafaring language, LOL. :eek2:

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I call my cat Crackhead, but the name suits him perfectly... he's always fidgeting with stuff and messing it up or knocking it over (like an actual crackhead), and he rockets around the house like a meteor at all hours of day & night. I don't usually call my cats bad names, I may say things like "Blasted varmint!!!" and "Godd@% Crackhead!!!" But normally I don't sweat the small stuff... however, knocking over a full beer after I just set it down is generally good for a blast of seafaring language, LOL. :eek2:
One day, I left a cup of coffee next to the laptop and Queen Bee hopped up, rubbed against it and it splashed all over the keyboard. The audio shorted out, the screen acted weird, and I jumped up and yelled "DAMNIT" and she took off like a shot. I wasn't mad at her. She didn't sit there and calculate how splashing coffee on a keyboard could cost us money. She head butts things a lot and I never get mad at her over it. I wasn't even really mad at myself because leaving coffee sitting shouldn't make you think twice. I was just mad in general, but she forgave me within minutes.
That laptop was old anyway, not acting right, and needed replaced. Our computer guy is a big time cat guy (he and his wife have several rescue cats and feed a lot of feral cats and do TNR), and he laughed and said "she was just 'encouraging' you to get an upgrade".

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

SpecterOhPossum

spec's pet human
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I sometimes call Rocket the little *itch. But, in my defense, it's usually when she is being especially bratty and either hissing at the boys or has chased the boys just because they walked past her. I love her dearly and cater to her every need (including doing the oh so horrible sharing food sometimes, small bites of cheese or meat or asparagus which she adores with no seasonings). Actions mean more than words and anyone who thinks I mistreat my cats for the words I sometimes say is entitled to their opinion. It doesn't actually impact me and I don't really pay them mind. I know, my cats know, people who know me know and my vet knows that my cats mean the world to me..... even if Rocket can be a little *@&#% from time to time.

This is the "who me? I didn't do it!" Face

View attachment 305809
I call mine useless and pathetic when she fails miserably as simple tasks (finding her food; jumping on things; etc) ; sometimes an a**hole. It's a good thing they don't understand; can you imagine what they'd do?! We wouldn't be here to talk about it today.. Although you gotta admit, they deserve it. I did the math and just in a week spec costs around 40$ to feed, not to mention she's got the needs of a toddler!

SpecterOhPossum

spec's pet human
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Now I do call my kitty sometimes when he gets into something..u little s...But I couldn't use the b word..no offense SpecterOhPossum _OK..I still say people see words n sometimes thats all...like said above..
Some reason I can't manage to use the B word either towards girl animals, reminds me too much of my abusive mom; but not against it ofc; just triggers a bit of trauma whenever I say it. "you little s.." is one of specs many names! lol

SpecterOhPossum

spec's pet human
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I call mine crackpipe when she's got the zoomies and starts scaling the walls! lolol

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some reason I can't manage to use the B word either towards girl animals, reminds me too much of my abusive mom; but not against it ofc; just triggers a bit of trauma whenever I say it. "you little s.." is one of specs many names! lol
I won't use the B word because it's an insult to most of the dogs I've known and loved.

Margret

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
I personally use cute little names like sugar boo..honey bee...etc..Just cant use no offense to anyone..but names that when u see the word its like ..Not a good word...

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is anyone else here a fan of A Fish Called Wanda?

When my dad was dying of liver cancer, he and my mom moved back to Denver to be near us, and we took care of their dog Toby when they couldn't. Toby was a good dog, who loved to go on long walks, but he wasn't the smartest dog we've ever met, so when Roger was walking him he would occasionally inform Toby that the London underground is not a political movement. Toby's response? "Huh? Hey! There are some weeds over there - why don't I go sniff those and then I can show you a movement."

Margret

mackiemac

Slave in a cat house
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh, I call our cats all kinds of names... some of them sound horrible, but it's the tone of voice and the context! Schrodinger is a little @$$h0le, and sometimes often... it's true! 😂 Rain is a "little gray b*tch", but it's always said lovingly, because she's always messing with the @$$hole, trying to play with him and being a spunky kitten... she plays rough sometimes! She steals his food, too (and he steals hers!) She "attacks" our feet through the quilts when we're trying to sleep, she burrows under the blankets and spreads herself out so that we only have about 2 inches of space apiece. How does a little kitten make herself so BIG!? Of course we call her that name as we're gently scooping her up to cuddle... "Aw, come here, you little gray...", or gathering her up to separate her from the old guy so that he can have a moment's peace. Schrodie is also known as "little brown b@$tard", "dip$**t", "little 'effer'" (we say the word!)… but "I love you, you little brown b@$tard". We are rather free with our language here, we cuss shamelessly like sailors, definitely not suitable for children, but we never use those names in anger or in a harsh tone. Nor do we use those names during training or correction, always proper names when giving an instruction: "Rain, come" or "Schrodinger, off", or "Good boy/good girl!", or "No, Rain". The naughty names are always used in a friendly and loving tone, and in play only.

Ppsneepie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
167F5DD7-FB9E-46ED-9CFD-48955B0E5B2B.jpeg

I call my kitty names all the time. I think it’s really funny to call her especially mean ones in a nice tone, because she has no idea what I’m doing, and loves the attention.

She truly is a bastard, though. She sits with me while I’m taking a bath, and pokes my head.