wrong parents on CFA reg papers

anita1216

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Fairy_kitten

I paid $775.00 for her and $250.00 for shipping that was with a $100.00 discount because she said she was going to be a shorty coat instead of wavy.She charges $875.00 for her devon rex kittens.It's not the fact that I'm shocked.I will learn from this mistake before buying from other breeders, also I had already sent this breeder money.I am new at buying a purebred so it's a lesson learned.I would just hope to prevent her from doing this to someone else.
OK, thats not exactly cheap or a small amount of money. I realize these cats can go for a lot more than that, but $775.00 for what appears to be a DSH (or curly hair
)OUCH

Not all breeders are so unethical. There are many that want to do the best they can for their breed and go to great lengths to make sure thier cats are exactly what they should be.

You have learned a hard lesson here, but dont let this discourage you in the future should you want to get another purebred kitten/cat.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OHHHHHHHHHHHHH Fairy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm totally speechless on this amount! This really makes me sick and furious at the same time. Everything is so screwed up about this.

PLEASE contact a lawyer will all the documentation. There is NO way I could let this be just "a bad lesson" - you deserve most of your money back!

In fact, from the pictures, you posted of the kitten - its not even black and white - looks tabby/white to me (just looked at the pics - your kitten is a BLUE MACKEREL TABBY AND WHITE)

I've seen some falsified papers, but this takes the cake! And I even question her "silver" female - looks more like a blue tabby or blue-silver but not a true silver from that picture.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Fairy_kitten

I paid $775.00 for her and $250.00 for shipping that was with a $100.00 discount because she said she was going to be a shorty coat instead of wavy.She charges $875.00 for her devon rex kittens.It's not the fact that I'm shocked.I will learn from this mistake before buying from other breeders, also I had already sent this breeder money.I am new at buying a purebred so it's a lesson learned.I would just hope to prevent her from doing this to someone else.
That is my problem also, how many other people is she doing this to?! Your kitten probably had litter mates that she sold to other people.
I think almost 800 is a huge sum of money for a kitten that is an outcross.
I know in Sphynx they are much less than that if they are a coated outcross.
Sorry this happened. It is wrong. You have a great case. I would be mad too if I were you and would try to do something about it. I wonder how many times she has done this and how long she has done this and if she will continue to do this. She lied directly to you and is falsifying documents.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fairy_kitten

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by anita1216

OK, thats not exactly cheap or a small amount of money. I realize these cats can go for a lot more than that, but $775.00 for what appears to be a DSH (or curly hair
)OUCH

Not all breeders are so unethical. There are many that want to do the best they can for their breed and go to great lengths to make sure thier cats are exactly what they should be.

You have learned a hard lesson here, but dont let this discourage you in the future should you want to get another purebred kitten/cat.
I won't let it discourage me, I am just going to get all details first before I get another kitten from a breeder,and be more aware and if people say stay away I know it will probably be a good reson.And I will definately take that good advice.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And I WOULD contact CFA about this whole mess too - they will ban her and do a little investigation. Something has to be done about this breeder. I agree, how many others has she ripped off?

anita1216

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She has likely ripped off many people and that is just sad. I am sure if you get a lawyer you will get some money back and hopefully cause her a HUGE headache, she deserves it. You deserve better!

fairy_kitten

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

And I WOULD contact CFA about this whole mess too - they will ban her and do a little investigation. Something has to be done about this breeder. I agree, how many others has she ripped off?
I am contacting CFA first thing Monday morning,I know it's my own fault for dealing with this breeder,I should have listened when some of you said that I should not get from her, but I had already sent her money.It's definately a stupid mistake on my part,and a hard lesson learned,and it won't be made again.I just hope I can stop it from happening to someone else again. Fairy_kitten

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I suspect that having a lawyer write the breeder a letter might be all that's required.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fairy - very important!

Hubby says for you to print out as many pictures/pages of her website before she removes anything else.

fairy_kitten

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Fairy - very important!

Hubby says for you to print out as many pictures/pages of her website before she removes anything else.
I will do that thanks.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise

Good points everyone. Personally I would NEVER accept another kitten out of that cattery as a "replacement".
I wouldn't take another kitten from the same cattery, either. I was just saying that if it's something the breeder offers by way of compensation, the OP should be prepared with an answer.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh wow you paid that much for her!
My heart just aches for you -hope you're not offended by anything I've said though. I'm not getting at you I just hate BYB (and it doesn't matter that she's CFA reg she's still a BYB). I think I would do everything in my power to get CFA to deregister her.

skewch

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It's so terrible to have paid that kind of money for a cat that does not even come close to a Devon. I have devons, and while one is a sphynx cross, I don't tell people what they are going to get from a litter. My male doesn't have the best Devon coat, but WE like his coat. He has grown a lot of hair over the past year but still is not a full thick wavy coat all over. The kittens came out half and half...half had full thick coats while the other 2 had the mom's coat. I would never sell a kitten for that kind of money knowing that they do not fit the standard even remotely close to the breed.

I hope you can get some money back from this person, I have heard of Adoraelves before and seen advertisements. I hope that with your sister showing her Cleo, that she can put you in contact with an appropriate breeder.

On the bright side, the kitty is a cutie and needs you to love her

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Foundation lines are NOT needed in Devons. She sold you a LONGHAIR mixed Devon cat. And even a "pet" quality Devon will look like a Devon in head and body and coat.

My Cornish had wavy coats whether or not they were show quality. You could tell they were Cornish.

The only thing I can suggest you do for some proof to back things up is to contact other Devon breeders and see if they are willing to give statements regarding long hair is not allowed in Devons and pictures of pet and show quality Devons. You'll need something to back this up. Perhaps talking to a judge in CFA or TICA who breeds Devons and would be willing to give you something.

Also print out the written standards in CFA, TICA, and ACFA with the description of Devons and any allowable outcrosses. If you need help with the standards, pm me and I'll give you the links.

She is ripping people off.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

She is ripping people off.
Yes she is. I doubt Fairykitten was the first person she did this to, and won't be the last unless something is done.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You might want to be a bit careful about what you say on a public forum, also taking photos off her website you could run into copyright issues.

I'm not saying she didn't do the wrong thing with you, but copy and pasting her private emails to you could get you into trouble.

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cococat

Yes she is. I doubt Fairykitten was the first person she did this to, and won't be the last unless something is done.
Even if you don't get complete satisfaction. You may prevent her from doing this to someone else.