Introducing Betty White

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here’s the other one. I couldn’t decide on the lyric video or the Eras Tour video or … But I just love this stripped down Long Pond Studio Session version. She and her writer/collaborators gathered in upstate New York to perform this album that they wrote/recorded/produced remotely during the pandemic quarantine. They released the album first and this is the first time they are performing it together in the same room. That’s just so wild!

Very relatable songs! and she has a great voice. Oh, and being pretty doesn't hurt, either.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One more (which is really four more.). Her NPR Tiny Desk concert which showcases her songwriting and her ability to bring her songs to life on a single instrument. ”Death By A Thousand Cuts” is one of my tippy top favorites of hers. I love that bridge! ”The Man“ is always fun. And “All Too Well” is always a jam.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One more (which is really four more.). Her NPR Tiny Desk concert which showcases her songwriting and her ability to bring her songs to life on a single instrument. ”Death By A Thousand Cuts” is one of my tippy top favorites of hers. I love that bridge! ”The Man“ is always fun. And “All Too Well” is always a jam.

DANG.
*And she loves cats.*
What was that guy's name again? The one that tried to upstage her?

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
DANG.
*And she loves cats.*
What was that guy's name again? The one that tried to upstage her?
That was Kanye West who interrupted her MTV VMA award acceptance speech to tell everyone that he thought Beyonce should have won the award. She was just a teenager (19) at the time. Several years later, he released a song that disrespected her saying, "I think me and Taylor could still have sex. I made that b* famous." Then his wife Kim Kardashian got involved in the feud playing illegally recorded telephone conversation between Taylor and Kanye saying he could mention her in his song. But she says in her Miss Americana movie that she didn't know what kind of lyrics those would be and certainly didn't expect that.

In her latest album, all the Swifties believe that the song "thanK you aIMee" is a "dis" track against KIM (the capitalized letters.) It's a great song. And there's a line in there, "I don't think you've changed much, So I changed your name and any real defining clues." And even if it's not about her, it's a wonderful song about turning pain into power and rising above bullies.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A little 5 am excitement. We got through the meds taking with no issues. Then as she’s laying on my shoulder and chest getting ready for third sleep, she gets the lip licking going. Uh oh. She jumped down and brought up a hairball. Confirmed hairball. Nothing to pick through. Also came up rather easily. Helpful at 5am. She put her second spit on the hardwood laminate—another easy peasy 5am cleanup. I sat with her for the five minutes that Resolve needs to sit She went from cautious to rolling around and reveling in chest rubs. So when the five minutes were up, I blotted up the Resolve (not going to Bissell at this hour) and back to bed we went. I think we’re both guarded about whether she’s done.

On the other paw, there was no moaning and it seemed to come up easily enough. I rubbed her and brushed her down pretty good yesterday. I wonder if I overdid it and she ingested the leftovers. She really does love brushing.But maybe we’ll stick to slicker brushes and hold off on the static glove and Zoom Groom for a bit.

She seems to be sleeping it off on my chest now.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That was Kanye West who interrupted her MTV VMA award acceptance speech to tell everyone that he thought Beyonce should have won the award. She was just a teenager (19) at the time. Several years later, he released a song that disrespected her saying, "I think me and Taylor could still have sex. I made that b* famous." Then his wife Kim Kardashian got involved in the feud playing illegally recorded telephone conversation between Taylor and Kanye saying he could mention her in his song. But she says in her Miss Americana movie that she didn't know what kind of lyrics those would be and certainly didn't expect that.

In her latest album, all the Swifties believe that the song "thanK you aIMee" is a "dis" track against KIM (the capitalized letters.) It's a great song. And there's a line in there, "I don't think you've changed much, So I changed your name and any real defining clues." And even if it's not about her, it's a wonderful song about turning pain into power and rising above bullies.

She just gets better and better. *Actually I was being bitingly sarcastic when I said, 'What was that guy's name?' referring to what an a$$wipe he is and how she's left him and yes, that entire family of wastes of space, starting with daddy sitting in the courtroom defending the killer, in the dust.* Yeah, even if it's not about her, it's powerfully affirming. For all of us who were bullied in school (and beyond) it's a triumphant statement!

*See, Dad? Aren't I amazing?* :hearthrob::cutecat::hearthrob::clap::goldstar:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You know, I didn't even think of picking up the plate this morning after Betty's hairball. It seemed so effortless and she seemed so relieved afterwards rather than the moaning that usually precedes these. She hit up breakfast before I woke from third sleep and she was done with second pass by the time I finally got out of bed. Other than the hairball itself, she seems no worse for the wear. No remainders on the plate or returns on the carpet.

Speaking of the carpet, I finally got down to the my authorized dealer and picked up the Sebo E3. I already love it as much as I thought I would. Lots of thoughtful features. The cord is long enough that I can plug it in one end of the apartment and clean the whole place without having to change plugs. The floor tool has a removable front brush. That right there is a difference maker. It means I'm not just pushing litter around. I'm finally picking it up. The cannister has a power button but the handle also has power and a suction strength thumb slider switch. It means I can shut the vacuum off at the handle, change tools, and turn it back on without ever having to find the cannister behind me and whack the power foot button. The carpet tool has four levels for the height of carpet. There is a green light-red light indicator that will tell you if you are using the correct setting for your carpet. And the clean, holy crud! It's an effortless clean that makes me want to move furniture and not leave lazy spots behind. Dyson and Bissell were both giving up on litter and old cat food crusties. Sebo was like, "hold my beer!" This vacuum makes me want to clean. And the noise, it's not bad. It is a powerful suction noise. But a) that's tunable based on how much suction you need for the job with the slider switch on the handle, and b) it's not a whining, mechanical, whirring, awful noise like many other vacuums. It's probably on par with a hair dryer if I ever used one of those. Now because it does its job well and I'm not fighting the cord, and I can change all the tools with the thumb power switch, I can get through vacuuming quick. It was very satisfying. There is a ten year parts and labor warranty. But the crazy cool thing about this unit (besides all the thoughtful design decisions to prevent breaks or minimize replacement costs) is that the instruction manual has a Lego-like explosion of the unit into its components with every part labeled with a part number. If you felt so inclined to do the repairs yourself, you could order the parts from Sebo or an authorized parts reseller.

Betty was mildly upset by it. But I think we'll settle into a routine.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You know, I didn't even think of picking up the plate this morning after Betty's hairball. It seemed so effortless and she seemed so relieved afterwards rather than the moaning that usually precedes these. She hit up breakfast before I woke from third sleep and she was done with second pass by the time I finally got out of bed. Other than the hairball itself, she seems no worse for the wear. No remainders on the plate or returns on the carpet.

Speaking of the carpet, I finally got down to the my authorized dealer and picked up the Sebo E3. I already love it as much as I thought I would. Lots of thoughtful features. The cord is long enough that I can plug it in one end of the apartment and clean the whole place without having to change plugs. The floor tool has a removable front brush. That right there is a difference maker. It means I'm not just pushing litter around. I'm finally picking it up. The cannister has a power button but the handle also has power and a suction strength thumb slider switch. It means I can shut the vacuum off at the handle, change tools, and turn it back on without ever having to find the cannister behind me and whack the power foot button. The carpet tool has four levels for the height of carpet. There is a green light-red light indicator that will tell you if you are using the correct setting for your carpet. And the clean, holy crud! It's an effortless clean that makes me want to move furniture and not leave lazy spots behind. Dyson and Bissell were both giving up on litter and old cat food crusties. Sebo was like, "hold my beer!" This vacuum makes me want to clean. And the noise, it's not bad. It is a powerful suction noise. But a) that's tunable based on how much suction you need for the job with the slider switch on the handle, and b) it's not a whining, mechanical, whirring, awful noise like many other vacuums. It's probably on par with a hair dryer if I ever used one of those. Now because it does its job well and I'm not fighting the cord, and I can change all the tools with the thumb power switch, I can get through vacuuming quick. It was very satisfying. There is a ten year parts and labor warranty. But the crazy cool thing about this unit (besides all the thoughtful design decisions to prevent breaks or minimize replacement costs) is that the instruction manual has a Lego-like explosion of the unit into its components with every part labeled with a part number. If you felt so inclined to do the repairs yourself, you could order the parts from Sebo or an authorized parts reseller.

Betty was mildly upset by it. But I think we'll settle into a routine.
Looks like a very good unit that should serve you well for those 10 years and well beyond! My only hesitation beyond the price (ulp!) is that it's a bagged vac. I've gotten quite used to bagless and really like the convenience. Your unit has a lot of features that my Dirt Devil does, so it should be a pleasure for you to use as mine is for me. I actually look forward to vacuuming day (Wednesday) -- yeah, I know, WEIRD. And mine also sounds like powerful suction rather than whiney or otherwise irritating. It sounds, and is, powerful. I like knowing that the carpet, though old and thrashed, is as clean as possible. I'm sure you and Betty will appreciate this, too, though Betty might be hesitant to show it :insertevillaugh:

As part of a celebration of your new vac, you COULD send another Taylor selection. Just sayin' :thanks: *Definitely a Swiftie now, too!*

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Looks like a very good unit that should serve you well for those 10 years and well beyond! My only hesitation beyond the price (ulp!) is that it's a bagged vac. I've gotten quite used to bagless and really like the convenience. Your unit has a lot of features that my Dirt Devil does, so it should be a pleasure for you to use as mine is for me. I actually look forward to vacuuming day (Wednesday) -- yeah, I know, WEIRD. And mine also sounds like powerful suction rather than whiney or otherwise irritating. It sounds, and is, powerful. I like knowing that the carpet, though old and thrashed, is as clean as possible. I'm sure you and Betty will appreciate this, too, though Betty might be hesitant to show it :insertevillaugh:

As part of a celebration of your new vac, you COULD send another Taylor selection. Just sayin' :thanks: *Definitely a Swiftie now, too!*
I used to think I was a bagless fan. But those bagless cannisters are so messy. I don't know about others. But the spring-loaded Dyson cannisters ALWAYS result in a cloud of dirt and dust. I almost always have to reach inside of them to pull what's stuck and not dropping out on its own.

The Sebo bags are affordable. There's also a nifty feature that the door won't close unless a bag is properly inserted. And because it's German engineering, inserting a bag is a breeze. The bag slides into a clip and folds down which allows the door to close. The bag also has a greater capacity than my bagless Dyson and the filter is more robust. I thought a Dyson bagless cordless upright was going to be the pinnacle. But when I started researching this, I learned...
1. You'll never get the same suction from a cordless as a corded
2. Bagless are often dirtier bags.
3. Bagless filters are often inferior to the filters on bagged models.
4. Cannister has more flexibility than an upright and easier to get into all the spaces.
5. Being able to change heads and tools without having to go back and forth to the body power button, e.g. having the power button on the handle, is just a game changer. I turn it on with the body switch and don't have to hit that switch again until I'm all done.

Poor Betty! She ate her lunch and then promptly regurgitated it. I wasn't there when it happened. I was working out in the office. She did just use the litter box. So any meows she was making I was assuming was related to her release party. I certainly didn't hear the pained moaning. Maybe she ate too much (the whole plate) at once or maybe her release party was too spirited. 🤷‍♂️

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Right?! She's so talented, so relatable, so humble (if you watch her interviews), and hilarious! She's so easy to root for.

Okay, here's another from what's become my favorite album. This is another from the "folklore: The Long Pond Studio Sessions". They gathered together in upstate NY months after they released the album in quarantine to perform it together in person for the first time. Bon Iver remained in his home studio (in, I want to say, Wisconsin?)

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to think I was a bagless fan. But those bagless cannisters are so messy. I don't know about others. But the spring-loaded Dyson cannisters ALWAYS result in a cloud of dirt and dust. I almost always have to reach inside of them to pull what's stuck and not dropping out on its own.

The Sebo bags are affordable. There's also a nifty feature that the door won't close unless a bag is properly inserted. And because it's German engineering, inserting a bag is a breeze. The bag slides into a clip and folds down which allows the door to close. The bag also has a greater capacity than my bagless Dyson and the filter is more robust. I thought a Dyson bagless cordless upright was going to be the pinnacle. But when I started researching this, I learned...
1. You'll never get the same suction from a cordless as a corded
2. Bagless are often dirtier bags.
3. Bagless filters are often inferior to the filters on bagged models.
4. Cannister has more flexibility than an upright and easier to get into all the spaces.
5. Being able to change heads and tools without having to go back and forth to the body power button, e.g. having the power button on the handle, is just a game changer. I turn it on with the body switch and don't have to hit that switch again until I'm all done.

Poor Betty! She ate her lunch and then promptly regurgitated it. I wasn't there when it happened. I was working out in the office. She did just use the litter box. So any meows she was making I was assuming was related to her release party. I certainly didn't hear the pained moaning. Maybe she ate too much (the whole plate) at once or maybe her release party was too spirited. 🤷‍♂️
Yeah, corded is definitely superior. And over the 10+ years you'll have it, it's not even expensive. ;) :goldstar: It's actually quite economical considering the superior quality and performance. There are plenty of rips these days, but on some things, you do get what you pay for. This is one of them. I had to replace my going-on-28-year-old water heater recently. As I am scared of water problems having had them in the past in other locations, I went with the best available and the best extended labor warranty. I don't regret it and I'd do it again.
I actually have an ancient Hoover canister vac that I inherited from my mom. Haven't used it while I've been here, but that brand was excellent -- the gold standard -- and if I ever need it, I have it.
Awwww, Betty -- catch & release? :sigh:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Right?! She's so talented, so relatable, so humble (if you watch her interviews), and hilarious! She's so easy to root for.

Okay, here's another from what's become my favorite album. This is another from the "folklore: The Long Pond Studio Sessions". They gathered together in upstate NY months after they released the album in quarantine to perform it together in person for the first time. Bon Iver remained in his home studio (in, I want to say, Wisconsin?)

Why does it feel so good to feel so bad?
And yeah. She is so down to earth, funny, and so pretty, and so amazing. There really aren't words! *but she's written them, or if she hasn't, she will.*

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor Betty!

She just had a couple of acid spits. I think I should have sneaked her a half portion a lot earlier this afternoon. She finished breakfast really early, like 8 am this morning. She tore into lunch and promptly gave it back around noon. So it's been almost twelve hours since the last time her belly kept some food down. For what it's worth, she is sitting near her food like she did the other (hairball) morning. She seems to be in the hopeful wait-and-see stage more than the "I'm going to be sick now" stage.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor Betty!

She just had a couple of acid spits. I think I should have sneaked her a half portion a lot earlier this afternoon. She finished breakfast really early, like 8 am this morning. She tore into lunch and promptly gave it back around noon. So it's been almost twelve hours since the last time her belly kept some food down. For what it's worth, she is sitting near her food like she did the other (hairball) morning. She seems to be in the hopeful wait-and-see stage more than the "I'm going to be sick now" stage.

Poor Betty indeed! I keep thinking that if you or I were spitting up this often, we’d have to wear permanent bibs to say the least! It can’t be pleasant for her. I hope this gets resolved somehow. At least it sounds as if you have a vet you somewhat trust—- I suppose it’s all a process of elimination (hopefully not literally). If X doesn’t work then Y just might. She’s so stalwart.

Last edited:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor Betty indeed! I keep thinking that if it was you or I were spitting up this often, we’d have to wear permanent bibs to say the least! It can’t be pleasant for her. I hope this gets resolved somehow. At least it sounds as if you have a vet you somewhat trust—- I suppose it’s all a process of elimination (hopefully not literally). If X doesn’t work then Y just might. She’s so stalwart.
She recovered. She demolished dinner in record time. Clean plate at 6pm. She’s usually not starting until 7. I’m going to hold off her second dinner as long as I can. And I will likely keep an extra half portion set aside for when I get up in the middle of the night. That way if she eats her way right through second dinner with nothing left for overnight, she won’t get such an acidic stomach by morning if I sneak her the midnight snack.

It seems like a lot lately. And it is. But I also don’t think she needs to go to the vet yet. Her regurgitation this afternoon was unfortunate. But the spits was entirely preventable I should have sneaked her a snack in the afternoon after her tummy settled so she wouldn’t have a ten hour stretch without food.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She recovered. She demolished dinner in record time. Clean plate at 6pm. She’s usually not starting until 7. I’m going to hold off her second dinner as long as I can. And I will likely keep an extra half portion set aside for when I get up in the middle of the night. That way if she eats her way right through second dinner with nothing left for overnight, she won’t get such an acidic stomach by morning if I sneak her the midnight snack.

It seems like a lot lately. And it is. But I also don’t think she needs to go to the vet yet. Her regurgitation this afternoon was unfortunate. But the spits was entirely preventable I should have sneaked her a snack in the afternoon after her tummy settled so she wouldn’t have a ten hour stretch without food.
Yeah, *put the food in the cat!* ;) but Elvis is like that, too. Sometimes we've just got to let them lead, even if it's painful for us to watch them going through this. Especially if there's fur involved, she'll have to get it out before she feels like revisiting her food. A friend of mine (human) used to do the same thing. She'd let everything just clear out before she'd start eating again.
TYSM for yet another great vid -- *autobiographical* again :insertevillaugh:😔

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I put out a half portion at midnight and she never came to claim it. I guess she spent the whole night in the office. She finished breakfast in record time too. She ate that when I rolled her off of me at 6am. She usually doesn’t start in on breakfast until 7 much less finish it in one go. I think we’ll be splitting the difference on lunch today. Whenever my 11am meeting lets out, that’s when we’ll start on her lunch.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I put out a half portion at midnight and she never came to claim it. I guess she spent the whole night in the office. She finished breakfast in record time too. She ate that when I rolled her off of me at 6am. She usually doesn’t start in on breakfast until 7 much less finish it in one go. I think we’ll be splitting the difference on lunch today. Whenever my 11am meeting lets out, that’s when we’ll start on her lunch.

Hoping that goes well with a clean plate as evidence.
*Powerful.*

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's got her summer belly warming up. Meals are disappearing faster and earlier.

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06

Same conclusion I came to. I'd rather change a bag than wash all those parts and filters. I pulled out the roller and cleaned it for the first time today. Easy peasy!