Worried: Lower Urinary Tract Blockage

hellomisskitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@Angels mommy I just went to the pet shop where I found the Dave's and the price per case is only maybe 10 cents more than the price at Chewys! Like you, I prefer to support a local business when I can. This shop is especially great because they have a large informational display about the dietary needs of cats and the importance of feeding canned. They only carry select bands that meet certain quality standards.

rose2015 rose2015 your Zoe is beyond adorable!!! I had never heard of Holistic Select before you mentioned it but I saw it yesterday at this pet store near to me (see above in what I wrote to Angel's Mommy). I talked for quite a bit to the shops owner about his standards for picking the brands he will carry, which sounded pretty high. If he carrys Holistic Select, it seems like its pretty high quality. There are some days where I still need to feed kibble but as long as her diet is primarily canned, I try not to worry too much. My fur baby is doing well! I will probably always worry of another issue with crystals but at least now I know what to look for and will be better able to know to respond at the first sign! Here's a photo of her napping yesterday..

rose2015

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi all. Is it safe to feed 2 x grain free wet meals a day? I've heard grain free can be responsible for urinary issues, and i'm just not sure if that's only when referring to grain free dry. I also feed a tiny bit of low grain dry while i'm away at work during the day (approx 10g). I'm very confused about whether to use a high quality grain free wet or a high quality low grain wet. Also, how much raw meat & meaty bones can i mix in per week for dental health without disturbing any nutrient balances. 

Thanks in advance

Rose2015

rose2015

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi @HelloMissKitty  thank you for that help! Very kind of you to see if it was in your trusted pet store - much appreciated. AWWW your little one is beautiful - so gorgeous against her soft blanket. What a sweetie!

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise

Hi all. Is it safe to feed 2 x grain free wet meals a day? I've heard grain free can be responsible for urinary issues, and i'm just not sure if that's only when referring to grain free dry. I also feed a tiny bit of low grain dry while i'm away at work during the day (approx 10g). I'm very confused about whether to use a high quality grain free wet or a high quality low grain wet. Also, how much raw meat & meaty bones can i mix in per week for dental health without disturbing any nutrient balances. 

Thanks in advance

Rose2015
Since you haven't gotten an answer yet, you might try posting in the nutrition forum.  http://www.thecatsite.com/f/64/cat-nutrition   Hopefully someone there can answer your question.  Without knowing for sure, my educated guess would be that you should go with high quality low grain wet food.  Cats don't really need grains in their diets, plus grains can be allergens.  Wet food is always better for cats with a history of urinary problems because of the extra hydration.