with a heavy heart I post this and ask for prayers

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry to hear this, she is very young to have cancer. I am sure everything will be fine

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG Tammy i am just reading this. I haven't read the whole thread yet but I want you to know that your family is in my thoughts and prayers. I am sending mega vibes your daughters way.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your daughter. Both my parents died of cancer, so I know how the "C" word can through you into a panic.

One thing to keep in mind...in this sue happy world we live in now, some doctors begin with worst case scenerios and rule them out first. Very hard on the families, but covers their butts upfront. Don't panic until you get the results from the MRI, and I agree with everyone else...step away from the search engines!!! Take a deep breath and hug your daughter. And remember, if you need to fall apart, that's what we are here for.

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
to hear this. I know how devastating this must be for you and the waiting is a killer. I am sending you many good thoughts and prayers that this mass is not malignant and your daughter will be fine. Thinking of you.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OMG - I haven't read through the whole thread yet either, but I am sending mega vibes your daughter's way and to your whole family!

There have been so many advances in treatment/technology that I hope you remain really positive about the treatability!

Laurie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry guys, it's been a long day for us.We waited for the call to let us know when they MRI appt. is.They finally called at 3 to let us know.It is for Wed. the 14th at 3 pm.
That makes me hope that since it is a few days off, that it isn't anything that he is OVERLY concerned about.I know he is concerned as he has ordered the MRI.But, I just think if it was really bad, it would have been set up sooner.Who knows.
I asked the Nurse when she called what the _____________sarcoma name was and she didn't know.She told me that all he told her was to set up the MRI and that was it.He's been in surgury all day long.So, everytime I've called, he hasn't been able to answer what the name was for me.
I called BC/BS to see what they could tell me, but they still hadn't got the order code or something like that.Whatever that means.She told me to try calling tomm. and then they should know what it is about, since they have to have it approved before they can do that and charge our insurance.
I am still holding on to my faith in God that she is too young and that she won't be faced with this.
I don't know anyone in the medical field.So, if it turns out to be bad news, then I will get in touch with St.Judes or some place like that.Not just anyone will touch my child if she should have Cancer.
The Nurse did tell me that we will wait for the MRI results and then go from there.If it looks suspecious, then they will Biopsy it and send that off.I asked when we would have the MRI results and was told if it is bad news, within a couple of days.If it's nothing, then when I take her back in 6 weeks for a re-check of her knee.
We are holding on.Thank you so very much everyone!!! My Mom is on standby and will fly down here to be with us, should the need arise.But, I told her to stay put until then.
As for the Pattelafemoral syndrom, he said with 6 weeks of Physical Therapy....learning how to stretch it and excersises, it will get better.To be honest, that isn't even worrying me that much.
On her x-rays,he did a 30,60,90 degree angles and then the weight bearing one.The 90 degree angle one is the one that Sis's knee is actually how it is suppose to be.At the weight bearing on, the one side is rubbing the bone and the other has a gap.Which is not how it's suppose to be.
I will update as soon as I know anything!!!
And I will try and get back to posting here more as soon as I can.Right now, my mind just doesn;t want to think about anything other than my Daughter.
Thank you again for EVERYTHING!!!!

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by crittermom

Right now, my mind just doesn;t want to think about anything other than my Daughter.
Of couse that is how you feel.

We are here for you whenever you need to share.

You both remain in my thoughts.

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, with an MRI, no news is good news, for sure. In the meantime, try to enjoy each day together...these challenges sometimes come up to remind us how much our loved ones mean to us, and how we need to appreciate the small daily stuff that life is all about.

I still think that either way the MRI turns out (whether it's cancer or not), your daughter will come out of out fine in the long run. Whatever it is, it's probably been caught early, and is more than likely highly treatable with a positive outcome.

Take this waiting game as an opportunity to do have some special mother-daughter time...watch movies, go out to supper, take some photos, whatever you enjoy doing with each other. Then, if you find out it isn't serious (which we're all praying that it isn't), then at least you had a lot of fun during the waiting game, and can maintain your mental health, and possibly some high spirits.

Bless you and your daughter...you're in my thoughts. You can both get through whatever this is!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks for the update....continueing {{{vbies}}} for you & your daughter...

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Tammy, I'm just seeing this and saying prayers for your daughter.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Still sending prayers and hugs from Mississippi for you, and Amber and the rest of the family, please continue to hang in there Tammy.

I just believe that everything will be all right.