with a heavy heart I post this and ask for prayers

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry to hear that.
for the MRI, and many prayers for good results and quick recovery.

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sorry you have this wait for a diagnosis it is so hard to know there is something wrong but not know what it is. If you need to ask any questions or talk to someone please don't hesitate. I have a lot of experience dealing with that sort of thing.
I send you all my love and prayers

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am not sure of the name.When he told me it was most likely malignant, I freaked.All I know is Sarcoma was at the end of it.
I have been looking up all info I can, and I'm more affraid now.
This is the one that sticks out the most
Synovial Sarcoma

BUt, I don't know that is it!! I just can't think what it was.
I will keep you all updated.PLEASE just keep her in your prayers.She's asleep right now, because she has cried so hard.I am not letting on how scared I am.I am keeping it all in for now.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Please don't do any research, it will only freak you out more. I am thinking of you and your daughter - she will be okay, medical science has gone so far, especially in the last few years.

Mega vibes for Amber and your family!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by crittermom

I am not sure of the name.When he told me it was most likely malignant, I freaked.All I know is Sarcoma was at the end of it.
I have been looking up all info I can, and I'm more affraid now.
This is the one that sticks out the most
Synovial Sarcoma

BUt, I don't know that is it!! I just can't think what it was.
I will keep you all updated.PLEASE just keep her in your prayers.She's asleep right now, because she has cried so hard.I am not letting on how scared I am.I am keeping it all in for now.
Tammy for now honey- do not look anything else up on the internet- you are just going to scare yourself even more. Wait until you have a sound diagnosis on your daughters health. Otherwise you're gonna be freaking out non-stop. I am here if you want to talk sweetie- you have my number
/ I am keeping you and her in my prayers.

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, Tammy, go in there and hold her for a bit, even if she is sleeping. When she wakes up, you remind her to force a smile on her face...and no matter what, laugh a little each day. Because like I said before, you will both get through this, no matter what the diagnosis is, and it will help you both to try to remain positive, as easy as that is for me to say, and as hard as that is to do.

You need to reassure her (and yourself, certainly) that this is one of life's challenges...and it can be overcome, and you'll do it together. You will both prevail, no matter what!

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh Tammy - I understand that this is your daughter that you are worried about. It has got to be the hardest thing to go through, especially after your father.

Hang in there, your daughter needs you the most. She WILL be okay.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Keeping you and your daughter in my thoughts and prayers. Just hug her tonight, try to do something together that you love to do, a movie, an activity, go visit someone you both love but haven't seen in a bit. Tomorrow, take a pad of paper with you, write down what they say for later, and don't worry about something not even definite yet! You'll get some answers and direction tomorrow.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll be thinking of you and your family. Many good vibes coming your way from another mom who loves her daughter.

silentnate

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just saw this- am sending good vibes and fingers crossed that it isn't malignant

Am hoping that you can stay strong for your daughters sake

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wish I would have written down the name.I'm kicking myself in the butt.They will call with the MRI appt tomm and then I'll take a notepad with me to get the name.
It all started 2-3 weeks ago.Her knee was hurting her and she felt around and found a lump.She went to the school nurse and was told to get a x-ray if it kept hurting her.So, I took her into the Urgent care on Sunday.The Dr felt around and said that he thought it was a torn/stretched ligamnet or tendon.To get a x-ray done soon.
So, I took her into the ER last night for a x-ray.They did 2 and said it looked like a bone spur.So, they said to set up an appt with the Ortho Surgeon.I called this morning and they told me to bring her right in.
So, after he looked at the x-rays, he said he thought it was just a bone spur.He asked where it hurt and he flet her knee cap.For some reason her knee cap is sliding back and forth.He then asked where the knot was.He felt it and said I want x-rays done now of her knee.At 30,60,90 degree angles and a weight bearing one.He came back and said that her knee cap is grinding her bone.That at the 90 degree angle her knee cap is where it is suppose to be.That isn't right! He then found the mass and said based on her age, no sports/injury...nothing, the appearance,the location that he feels it is _______________Sarcoma and it has a HIGH tendency to be Malignant.
Now, we wait for the MRI and go from there.
He doesn't understand why her knee is doing it and that bothers him too.He wants her to have 6 weeks of Physical traing to stretch it so it goes how it is suppose to go.
But, in the meantime, we need to have the lump looked at.
I don't know that it IS cancer and I don't know that it ISN'T cancer.

ryanjay

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
((((((((Tammy and Amber))))))))))))
In my prayers and hope you find the answers soon.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It sounds like what Terry Fox had--osteosarcoma. If it is what we hope it's not and if it is osteosarcoma, 90% of patients are able to have limb-salvage surgery. I really hope it's nothing bad. Young people shouldn't have illness like this. I definitely feel for her since she is my age. Vibes and prayers to you all.