Willow may be in labor!

dvandyke

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Congrats! I just read the thread through. It was very exciting. I am glad everything went ok. Big kitty luvins to Willow and Babies!!

laceydf

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Happy Birthday little babies!!! YAY! I am so excited that Willow had her kittens! I am jealous, too!

Isn't it a wonderful thing?!?! I can't wait to see more pictures! Good luck with everything and keep us updated please!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Willow's babies are beautiful! I was SO hoping to have a tortoiseshell, but it looks like dad didn't have much red, and mom is black. (A rescue cat) But, there really isn't a kitten that isn't adorable! Congrats!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

Willow's babies are beautiful! I was SO hoping to have a tortoiseshell, but it looks like dad didn't have much red, and mom is black. (A rescue cat) But, there really isn't a kitten that isn't adorable! Congrats!
Thanks Kim, and I gotta say your brood is adorable too! The WHOLE LOT! Afterall, what kittens aren't?
Still trying to see how if any of these babies have white. When they were first born, I thought they did, but now it looks like it's red. But the boys look to have orange on their face, or else it's just not so dark yet... Ahhh, they're either changing by the minute, or I notice something more everytime I check on them!

qtkitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
*lol* delailah came and sniffed at my screen checking out the babies *LOL*

i guess its her way of waying WAY WAY cute !!

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone!! There just isnt such a thing as an ugly duckling when it comes to kiddies! I'm so tired, but so excited, still. I've posted a new pic in the Fur Pic section. It's a family portrait.

Gotta try to caption every moment.. from looking at others pics - they grow so fast!

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OK everyone, I got yet another question <surprise!>

I know I read that a kitten had to be stimulated in order to go potty. But earlier today we noticed Nacho had gone on it's own and then crawled all over his brother and sisters. I gotta go read some more info on kittens and follow the link posted by Cassie, but havent been able to rip myself away from TCS.

Also - that kitten formula I've read about.. the one with the initials
Can you buy that at any ol' grocery store? Say like Wal-Mart? Maybe nothing to be overly concerned about... but I just have a wee bit of concern for this little fellow. May have stemmed from his bleeding when he was first born. Or maybe the fact that his rooting isnt the best... or the fact that he was born without his sac and a ripped cord... and he is the one that had the BM all over the place... so just trying to be safe.

laceydf

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh no! I'm not sure on this one...maybe you could PM Hissy or one of the other professionals around here. Either that or I am sure someone will respond in this thread pretty soon.

Sorry I couldn't help. Poor little guy! I hope everything is all right with him!!!

Oh, and I believe you mean "KMR". I don't know much about it though...

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LaceyDF

oh no! I'm not sure on this one...maybe you could PM Hissy or one of the other professionals around here. Either that or I am sure someone will respond in this thread pretty soon.

Sorry I couldn't help. Poor little guy! I hope everything is all right with him!!!

Oh, and I believe you mean "KMR". I don't know much about it though...
KMR - yeah, that's it, I knew it began with a K and was just searching around the site for it. I'm hoping i'm just over-reacting, but just have this itty, bitty nag in the back of my head. He seems just a bit smaller than his siblings, and always gets the left-over nippies, so just making sure. I guess he started life out with a bang and I'm just being overly protective. Guess it's better to be safe than sorry.
and I'm hoping he stimulated himself as far as the BM goes by scooting all over his sisters and brother... beleive it or not... my oldest daughter took pics of them with the mess on the kittens. This was before she realized something was 'yucky' and came to get me. She thought it was blood, so immediatly I thought of Nacho. But quickly realized what it was with much relief, but still wondered if that was normal.
Thanks for writing back so fast!

cjandbilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wouldn't worry about him pottying... mine do that sometimes, too. As for the KMR (Kitten Milk Replacement), I bought some Wal-Mart stuff... it isn't KMR brand, but, I'm not sure if it makes a difference?

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CJandBilly

I wouldn't worry about him pottying... mine do that sometimes, too. As for the KMR (Kitten Milk Replacement), I bought some Wal-Mart stuff... it isn't KMR brand, but, I'm not sure if it makes a difference?
Thanks Cassie, I did read somewhere that in an emergency you can use baby formula, so I'm sure the Wal-Mart brand probably is okay. I think I'm going to call me vet and get them all in there as soon as I can. Also to check on momma and make sure she didnt retain that placenta that I never seen... Do you think she could've had a fourth kitten and not have passed it? Maybe I overlooked it as I tying his cord or something...

turtlecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rather than use human baby formula, there is a recipe for "kitten glop" that would be good for both baby and momma so willow stays healthy while feeding the babies. It's a sticky in this forum

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by turtlecat

Rather than use human baby formula, there is a recipe for "kitten glop" that would be good for both baby and momma so willow stays healthy while feeding the babies. It's a sticky in this forum
Oh I wasnt going to use baby formula, I was just commenting that if baby formula was okay in a pinch, that Wal-Mart brand KMR must be alright. I things are probably okay, but just in case. One thing though.... I've been trying to look up the signs of a retained placenta. DH is not home so I cant get Willow's temperature easily. I went up to check on her and the kittens and she wasnt there, she had come down earlier for a bit. She did come in while I was sitting there walking very ginger-footed and seemed reluctant to go in the box and to not want to lie down once in the box. I guess I'm not explaining this well, but just didnt seem like she did this morning.

mandi18

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
awww the babies are sooo adorable. i like the last pic. that one is a cutie. i'm dying to see my gran kitties!!!!