• Thread Starter Thread Starter

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by moxymom

Awwww....they're so sweet! Poor mama is pooped...and Willow too
Oh yes I am but I'm a proud-pooped

Girls are getting ready to leave for school now, but boys will be up soon I'm sure... oh well. Hubby is home today, I'll have to sneak a nap in with Willow and the kits later

The wait is over! Yeah!!!!!

qtkitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Way to go Willow... geeze she still looks big in her tummy in that pic WOW!!

awliston ~ duck gestation .. like egg formation or incubation? For the Egg formation about 24 hours and for incubation it is 28 days in most duck breeds

qtkitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Dawwwwww they is soo cute .. Darn it i want kittens here too !! .. i have to wait still .. WAHHHH .. May 8-12 or there about .....Delilah baby is getting tubby in her tummy.

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by qtkitty

Way to go Willow... geeze she still looks big in her tummy in that pic WOW!!
I thought so too, but I dont feel any hardness, and I just took up a can of food - she's ravenous!!!!! Left the kits in a hurry! Took the oportunity to switch out nests while she's eating. I'm home for the day, so I'll be keeping a close eye on her!
The wait is over! Yeah!!!

awliston

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you qykitty for the duck gestation answer. I live near a creek and last June my husband and I "adopted" a Mother duck and her six ducklings. Well, to make a long story short, all but one of the ducklings have died over the past ten months. Mom has had a long haul too -- she had a fishing line wrapped around her foot and after several attempts to remove it, all we could do was to keep cutting it so she didn't get it wrapped around anything. I called the DNR and they said they couldn't help her because she actually is a farm duck and not a wild duck. Go figure!?! A few weeks ago while feeding her, I noticed her foot was black. I told my husband it wouldn't surprise me if it wasn't ready to fall off. Well, a few days later when I went back to feed her, it had fallen off and all that is there now is a stump. She gets along fine and actually looks better than she has in weeks. I guess all the infection is out of her body now. Anyway, she has moved up the creek to where there are other ducks and I was thinking maybe it was duck mating time and she was looking for a mate. If so, I wanted to know how long it would be before I shold look for her and her new ducklings.

cjandbilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh! How exciting for you and Willow! Sorry I didn't see sooner, last night. I was tedning to AL, so, I didn't see this thread... shoot, I didn't see the computer!
Congrats to you and Willow, and the five ADORABLE kitties!

passiquepersian

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
YEAH Willow!!!-And mom!
That is awesome...I have been following this thread for awhile and I am so happy to get the good news.

The kittens are ADORABLE!!!

Now I can't wait for my little ones to arrive the end of next week!

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CJandBilly

Oh! How exciting for you and Willow! Sorry I didn't see sooner, last night. I was tedning to AL, so, I didn't see this thread... shoot, I didn't see the computer!
Congrats to you and Willow, and the five ADORABLE kitties!
Thanks Cassie! And how is little AL doing? And did you ever say what AL stood for, is it an acronym for something?
And how 'bout little Porky? How's she doing? Sorry if you posted this in your thread, but I havent gotten around to checking myself since all this started yesterday. Actually, the last thread I was reading about was about Cloe... I gotta catch up.
So you have a Porky, and we have a Wilbur. #1 was born and has been eating ever since
If his siblings have trouble rooting around, he does not! So the kids dubbed him Wilbur this morning. Then I named the left-over red-boy Nacho
And as clever as Nacho Cat is, we dont know which one we're going to keep yet. THe kids want to keep them all! Ha! Funny -- they dont want to clean the litter for 5 cats though... speaking of which. Willow only had 4 kits. 2 red [assumably] boys, and 2 tortie/cali's. I was looking after them a little bit ago as Willow struted her stuff though the house, and noticed more red in the girls. I suppose as they grow it will become more prominant. #1, Wilbur, is a clone of his mama! Color down to a 'T'. And I swear he even looks softer and fluffier than the other red, Nacho.
Willow has eaten, so despite her big-ole tummy still, I'm doubtful she will be presenting with more. Even though I never thought that girl was going to quit eating, she actually did not eat after 4 o'clock Tuesday morning. Oh yes, I was awake, I know this... anyway #1 was born 3:25, nearly 24 hours later. Funny how they time stuff huh?

Oh well, I needed a 2-day vacation....
Willow's been really good with everyone. My hubby was scared to come in our room this morning. He did end up going to work BTW. Anyway, as he was getting ready, Willow decided to eat some more and as she was getting out of her new nest, one of the girls hung on for dear life and ended up on the floor outside the nest.
She just looked at DH like, "are ya gonna help me or what?" Too funny.
Or maybe it's lack of sleep talking...
Better do some catching up I guess.
The wait is over! Yeah!!!

cjandbilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
AL is okay. We are taking him to the vet today. He is not eating on his own. AL stands for albino... because he's white. I dunno... kinda fit. Porky stands for... well... I don't need to explian, do I? LOL!
Anyway, I'm glad to hear about your healthy babies! Congrats to Willow!

AL and Porky Pics

gilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well done little miss Willow!!!

Thanks for posting the pics. I just caught this thread and read it from start to finish... I could feel myself getting excited!!! lol

ciera23

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Awww, they are just too adorable!!!! Yea willow!!! Thanks for the updates and pics!! I am so happy for you.

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Lindsay_21

Congrats on the new kittens. I am so glad willow is doing well.
Oh Lindsay thank you. I have been watching your thread closely as well, hope you find help for Cleo soon and that all is well! I sure am glad that we have this site!
The wait is over! Yeah!!!!!

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gailail

wow glad things went ok for you in the end
Thanks Gailail! How's your Bonnie doing? Still hanging in there??