Who's going to watch our Royal wedding?

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was watching some of the recaps this evening, and one one show, they had some fashion designers on commenting on some of the fashions.

Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie fashion choices were described as "Whack-a-Doodles"

Princess Anne was described as "Coleslaw"

I can't say that I disagree with those comments.

They also had a go at David Beckham not only for wearing a medal to the wedding but also for wearing it on the wrong side. According to etiquette, only military are to wear medals at Royal Weddings/Functions. He isn't military.

I was delighted to see the bride and groom driving themselves to Clarence House in Charles's car! What a nice down to earth and "normal" thing to do. These 2 sure have captured the hearts of the world, largely due to their desire to be "ordinary" like everyone else.

Oh, and Pippa is getting a lot of raves about her butt! Yes! Her butt! It seems that it was the object of attention and many fan sites including a facebook page has sprung up about her and especially her butt!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

...Pics or it never happened my friend!! Hehehe....

...And I don't mean to be mean...but one of the Princesses (don't know which is which) hat looked like a combination of ribbon candy and antlers...
Ha! No pics, because our camera has been lying here with its little lens-covers askew for months now... but the tiara (I ran out of tinfoil, so only Mom's got made) will be saved, and photos will be taken at the next opportunity.

And oh my gosh yes, that HAT! You and I had the same thought: I told Mom the poor girl looked like a moose! That was my pick for worst hat of the day, but a close second was the red spiral-uppy thing swirling out of one woman's right ear... did you notice that one? I have no idea who she was, but I swear, she looked like she was being attacked by some sort of squidcreature from outer space!

Like you, I don't mean to be mean, but... some of those hats, I'm sure the designers themselves were howling...

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

I was watching some of the recaps this evening, and one one show, they had some fashion designers on commenting on some of the fashions.

Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie fashion choices were described as "Whack-a-Doodles"

Princess Anne was described as "Coleslaw"

I can't say that I disagree with those comments.

They also had a go at David Beckham not only for wearing a medal to the wedding but also for wearing it on the wrong side. According to etiquette, only military are to wear medals at Royal Weddings/Functions. He isn't military.I was delighted to see the bride and groom driving themselves to Clarence House in Charles's car! What a nice down to earth and "normal" thing to do. These 2 sure have captured the hearts of the world, largely due to their desire to be "ordinary" like everyone else.

Oh, and Pippa is getting a lot of raves about her butt! Yes! Her butt! It seems that it was the object of attention and many fan sites including a facebook page has sprung up about her and especially her butt!
David Beckham was wearing his OBE (Order of the British Empire) given to him by Queen Elizabeth and the only faux pas he made was putting it on the right side instead of the left which he changed as soon as the error was pointed out to him. He had every right to wear the OBE.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

I'm glad someone agrees with me. I was afraid I'd get bashed for picking on the fashion sense of a member of the royal family!
Sorry, I had it wrong, and I meant to correct myself--it Was Princess Beatrice, not Eugenie--but the hat is still ugly!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

Like you, I don't mean to be mean, but... some of those hats, I'm sure the designers themselves were howling...
Hahaha....I can almost picture them sitting at home in front of the tv, a bottle or 2 of wine open, and howling "She actually wore it! She actually wore it!"

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

David Beckham was wearing his OBE (Order of the British Empire) given to him by Queen Elizabeth and the only faux pas he made was putting it on the right side instead of the left which he changed as soon as the error was pointed out to him. He had every right to wear the OBE.
Not according to some of the coverage I watched. It was mentioned a couple times that royal wedding/function etiquette is that only military wears medals. Personally I don't really care that he wore it. It was given to him and he proudly displayed it.

Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

And oh my gosh yes, that HAT! You and I had the same thought: I told Mom the poor girl looked like a moose! That was my pick for worst hat of the day, but a close second was the red spiral-uppy thing swirling out of one woman's right ear... did you notice that one? I have no idea who she was, but I swear, she looked like she was being attacked by some sort of squidcreature from outer space!

I don't get the concept of wearing a hat planted on the front of your forehead!
Top, semi-side, back....but forehead?!

For your viewing pleasure
The article is a hoot too!!

http://www.thestar.com/news/world/article/983201--royal-wedding-hats-is-that-an-octopus-on-your-head

Here is a link to some pictures of the cakes

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...0-flowers.html

On the topic of hats, this was one of my favourites. It's large, but it's balanced and the ribbon from the flowers extending up, is at the exact same angle as the rim of the hat. It's just interesting to look at. The girl is Princess Anne's daughter

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Z...jbneNqwe7l.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so pleased those that watched it enjoyed it
There were a couple of people on two of my friends FB wall winding them up by making nasty comments. Fair enough it's not to everyones taste, but keep your thoughts to yourself and don't spoil it for others!......One of them deleted one of their friends from her friends list because of it

I was up just before 7.a.m with the t.v. on, then we all gathered at a neighbours for drinks and to watch the wedding because we were having a BBQ after it.

For me it was a definite fairytale wedding from start to finish and l loved every minute of the day, infact i've watched the whole wedding again today

The hat on Princess Beatrice. All i can say is that someone should have took her to one side to tell her just how horrible it was, and her sisters wasn't much better!.

So, my Union Jack flag is down, along with all the bunting but it's a day i'll never forget. Oh and a neighbour bought me this souvenir plate, cheesy but i'll pass it down to my great nieces

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

I'm so pleased those that watched it enjoyed it
I was misty eyed through the ceremony and was giggling when they were sitting in side chairs while the reading and prayers were being said. I loved the little smiles and side glances they gave each other!

I have a pretty good feeling about this marriage. The know each other. They've lived together. And it is very obvious that they are completely and utterly in love with each other. A far cry from his parents who wouldn't even look at each other on their wedding day.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

I have a pretty good feeling about this marriage. The know each other. They've lived together. And it is very obvious that they are completely and utterly in love with each other. A far cry from his parents who wouldn't even look at each other on their wedding day.
That's exactly what we all said.

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Definetely true love and I cannot get over how beautiful she is.Apparently they visited Dianas grave on 21st April which is nice.I think this couple will be very special to a lot of us as the are modern,down to earth and just true.x

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
They do seem to be in love. The way I see it; they are showing the world that the monarchy has a place in the modern world. It's beautiful to see!