Who's going to watch our Royal wedding?

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

Tuned in just in time to see them exchange their vows. She looks extremely elegant. Diana was overdone on her wedding day - way too frilly. Kate's dress, hair, veil, jewelry, etc., are perfect.
She is truly beautiful and classy. She and William certainly look at each other with love. Kate seems to be more of a "woman" than Diana was and I'm sure part of that is her age.

rescue-mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I actually liked Diana's dress it was suiting to the times and what she liked....Not sure about the 25foot train though but still nice.

Kate is beyond stunning though in her gown.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Kate's mother is also well-dressed - understated, but elegant. Her sister's dress is very pretty, but I'm surprised she's wearing white (says the person who wore white to her sister's wedding, because she could only get the dress she liked in white or black). Camilla's shoes look really uncomfortable.

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad the wedding stuff started when I wake up normally. Lol ill be up all day watching stuff about the wedding. I'm excited to see them on the balcony. I hope they smooch hahah.

Anyone else notice she didn't pull a Diana and got Williams gerbillion names in the right order. Lol

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think they will atleast wait a year before ttc. They seem to go with what is best for them rather than rushing along for duty. Its gonna be a belly watch from today forward to see when their heir will be orn.

rescue-mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I estimate a year...so they have 3 months to get pregnant lol....I think though when it does happen no matter when it will be very special and i am looking forward to it.

Kinda feel special though as CNN is interviewing Vera Wang and both my sisters and my wedding dress are both designed by her...makes me feel i chose well.

rescue-mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My fiance just kinda half woke up asking if i was still awake,well yup now waiting for the traditional first public kiss on the balcony,he kinda smiled and giggled.

cattybird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a beautiful wedding it was! I've been up since 2:30 watching on BBC. I'm trying to stay awake long enough for "the kiss" but I'm not sure I'm going to make it or not.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I turned on the TV at 3:30 am my time (sinus headache). I have TV tuned to ABC which has pretty good coverage. I'm going to need caffeine at work today! I'm waiting for the kiss before I turn the TV off. The commentators kept comparing Kate to Diana styles of wedding. I forgot how young Diana was at her wedding. The entire event went pretty well.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I watched the wedding, and cried my eyes out (why do women cry when they are happy?
)

Even though I'm a staunch American, I feel so proud to be one-half British! May William and Kate have a very happy, long life together, which I think they will. They are obviously in love.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I stayed up until probably 20 minutes before the palace balcony. I just couldn't stay awake any longer. I taped the whole thing so I'll still be able to catch it "live" so to speak.

I started watching ABC with Barbara Walters, but part way through the ceremony the camera started to cut out so I switched to CNN.

I loved her dress! It was very understated and classic. Reminded me of the styles from the 40's and 50's. And she didn't get lost inside of it. Very pretty! And I loved the veil. It was simple and didn't over power her at all.

I loved how she put the veil back before the ceremony started so that her face could be seen. And other than the smallish tiara, all she wore were earrings. Nice choice to let the neckline of the dress shine.

The Queen looked very pretty in that gorgeous shade of yellow. Carol Middleton looked lovely, as did Camilla. Lovely choices.

The hats that some women were wearing could and should be classified as lethal weapons. I understand wanting to look nice, but for heaven's sake, take into account how your mile high and wide hat affects those sitting around you! They aren't there to see your hat, they're there to see the future King and Queen of England on their wedding day. That being said, I absolutely love hats! And there were some very stunning ones, and some that I found very garish looking.

It was fun to lip read. Though I wish I knew what Harry said to William while Kate was walking down the aisle!

They looked happy, and utterly in love!!

EDIT:

I'll find it difficult to get used to the name changes: Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.

If my memory is correct, The Queen also did the same thing to Prince Andrew and Sara Ferguson. I seem to remember that Sarah would have become "Princess Andrew" like what happened with "Princess Michael of Kent." So to avoid that, they were given titles of Duke and Duchess. It must have something to do with being 2nd (or further) away in line to the throne.

I found it interesting that Sarah Ferguson wasn't invited. Her daughters were there, and she was William's aunt and they likely still do see each other from time to time. It must have been a matter of seating logistics. Sarah is no longer "royal" so she couldn't be seated with the other royals. And she isn't quite a commoner anymore since she did give birth to 2 Princesses. And it could have had something to do with not wanting to drag up the scandals of years past, which we all know the press would have probably done at some point, if not that day, then in the days to come.

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I watched it all day,I loved it and it made me feel so emotional.William looked so handsome and Kate looked just beautiful,they are such a down to earth,modern couple and i wish them all the happiness in the World. It must have been emotional for Will making that journey as the last time he did that was for his mothers funeral,there certainly was an empty space there without Diana.
I think The Queen looked quite solemn though,not much emotion

I loved the way they drove out after the aftrenoon reception in Charles's Astin Martin,fantastic
.I am not a huge Monarchist but kate and Will I adore and also Harry,he's a cheeky chappy.Even Camilla looked radiant.x

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

I likely would have done the same thing!!!

The Queen is mainly a figure head here with The Governor General acting as her representative, which is why we don't get tomorrow off as a holiday.

My Dad was a huge fan of The Royal Family. So I guess that's where I get my insatiable appetite for all things "royal".

I remember one time in the 1960's The Queen came to Winnipeg. My Dad was thrilled! He was in his 60's and like a little kid on Christmas. He dressed in his best suit and put on his best hat (he always wore a hat when leaving the house) and took me to "see" The Queen. With me being small, probably 4 or 5, he made sure I didn't get trampled in the crowd and got me right up in the front of the rows of people, with him standing proudly behind me.

All I remember about that day were hundreds of people lined up to see her.

When the parade of cars came by, my Dad took off his hat and held it over his heart. The parade of cars consisted of several black cars with black windows all rolled up, zooming by at the speed of light. One car had the rear passenger side window rolled down about 2 inches. From the gap in the window were 2 fingers in white gloves holding a white hanky and waving it up and down.

So I sort of saw The Queen. At least 2 of her fingers anyway!!! But boy! My Dad talked about that day until the day he died. It was a very proud moment for him. I don't know how he would have taken Charles and Andrew and their disastrous marriages, but he sure would have loved each of the weddings!

I can hardly wait! I know I won't be sleeping much tonight. I can only imagine how Kate must be feeling. William's life won't be changing all that much, but Kate's world will be turned upside down. She only got a taste of things while dating William, but now she is firmly in the middle of it all.
That is such a sweet story! What a special memory!!
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

Mom and I will be watching, because an opportunity to vicariously visit a foreign country is not to be missed! But I had steadfastly avoided all the hoopla over the dress and the jewels and so forth... until my friend Rush's sister started a thread about it on Facebook. She managed to get me into Girly Mode, and now, heaven help me, I'm sitting here making tinfoil tiaras for my Mom and me to wear while we watch...
Pics or it never happened my friend!! Hehehe....
I didn't get caught up in it till recently either. But I spent practically all day watching it be re-aired on BBCAmerica. I really enjoyed it all!

And as for the hats...WOW. I was kinda shocked 1 woman showed up without one. Even the commentator mentioned it; and that she thought they were required. And I don't mean to be mean...but one of the Princesses (don't know which is which) hat looked like a combination of ribbon candy and antlers... She is pretty and had a really nice outfit on otherwise; I found it distracting. But I'm no fashionista; so maybe it's just me.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

That is such a sweet story! What a special memory!!

Pics or it never happened my friend!! Hehehe....
I didn't get caught up in it till recently either. But I spent practically all day watching it be re-aired on BBCAmerica. I really enjoyed it all!

And as for the hats...WOW. I was kinda shocked 1 woman showed up without one. Even the commentator mentioned it; and that she thought they were required. And I don't mean to be mean...but one of the Princesses (don't know which is which) hat looked like a combination of ribbon candy and antlers... She is pretty and had a really nice outfit on otherwise; I found it distracting. But I'm no fashionista; so maybe it's just me.
Ah, yes...that Princess Eugenie hat (Andrew & Sarah Ferguson's daughter). It was UGLY, and a hideous color. It reminded me of Queen Alamada (spelling?) in Star Wars--something she'd have as a headdress--but hers hard charm!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by MargeCat

Ah, yes...that Princess Eugenie hat (Andrew & Sarah Ferguson's daughter). It was UGLY, and a hideous color. It reminded me of Queen Alamada (spelling?) in Star Wars--something she'd have as a headdress--but hers hard charm!
I'm glad someone agrees with me. I was afraid I'd get bashed for picking on the fashion sense of a member of the royal family!