When is my cat due?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

littlemeow

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Her nipples have started to fill up with milk, there's still a bit of dry milk around them and her belly has really really popped out today. She's normally a really sleepy cat anyway but she can't seem to sleep in one place, I was stroking her and her kittens are kicking a lot. I could feel little kicks while I stroked her stomach. How long do you think is left?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It's hard to say, but the signs indicate she's getting very close. Once she goes into stage one labor it's usually about 24 hours or so. [emoji]128522[/emoji]

littlemeow

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Okay thank u. I'll keep u updated x

littlemeow

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Her kittens keep moving around, but I'm 100% definite that she's having more than three this time. Last time I predicted that she'd have three and she did. Because she's only a small cat, I feel like the kittens have only small amounts of space to move around in but I'm guessing they're all fine because I keep seeing and feeling movements[emoji]128525[/emoji]. Brownie is also doing great and she's a sleepy cat anyways, but the sun is giving her more of a reason to just snoooooze all day long. Her kitties have been kicking for over a week now & her nipples feel a lot fuller.
But my only question is that when I stroked her, her stomach rippled quite a bit - not the contraction type of ripple but it was definitely a small ripple. What could it of been?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Probably just kitten movements. If you've only been seeing kitten movements for the last week, she may have a week or more to go yet.

littlemeow

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Probably just kitten movements. If you've only been seeing kitten movements for the last week, she may have a week or more to go yet.
I've been seeing them for over a week but they've started to get stronger now and I've been keeping a close eye on her but it seems like she's in a lot of pain. She couldn't sleep in the same position for over 5 minutes and she kept rolling onto her other side and even squatting. I don't know if I'm over reacting or if it's her babies getting ready to be born. Hopefully I'm just overreacting though, but it is really exciting.

littlemeow

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
but in the beginning of this thread, I thought there would be a long while left but she gave birth 3 days later so I'm not quite sure what's going on. It's about 26 degrees outside so I've left her in a colder & more aired out room so she's not over heating and I will check on her in like an hour. I don't want to annoy her and I just want her to be relaxed and fall asleep without being pestered. We're ready for her to have her kittens, we've prepared everything.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She could be in labor if you think she's in pain. Time will tell. If she is, kittens do not need to be born in a cold room. They need to be warm right away.

Last edited:

littlemeow

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She wasn't in a frozen room, it was warm and cozy but it wasn't boiling. Outside it was 26 degrees or maybe more and it was just too warm for her. And I don't think she's in labour, she might be in pre-labour like she was last time but like you said; time will tell :) x