What's your sign? ;) And are you REALLY like that?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

vespacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Absolutely, it's a science.

Originally Posted by sashacat421

It can be. It's so much easier when you look at your own wheel (a pie in the sky) and see where all the constellations fall and the degreed aspects. It's almost impossible to make sense of this if you haven't studied and I don't mean that in a condescending way, it's just a lot of math that has to be drawn to reflect the pattern in the sky is all. You aren't missing anything by not knowing it. Trust me.

vespacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
VERY interesting!
I was born in year of the Rat - Snakes and Rats get along quite well. I have a fantastic book on Chinese astrology
Actually, I'm a Water Rat, and my birth day is Water Dragon.

Originally Posted by joanne511

Interesting. I'm not as familiar with this kind of astrology. I do know I fit the characteristics of my other sign - I was born in the year of the Snake.

But the ones you guys are talking about...I'm a Taurus with Virgo rising. It looks to be about 85% accurate. My DH, born 5 days after me, is a Taurus with Scorpio rising. I'll have to read through his and see if it matches his personality!

Here is the Chinese zodiac.

vespacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would say that the average, daily newspaper horoscopes should DEFINITELY be taken with a grain of salt!

The scientific and mystical aspects of it are very real. I've actually studied a number of religions (one I actually took classes in for a couple of years), and "true" astology corresponds to the mystical aspects of many major religions. It's very intriguing.

However, many religious scholars would argue that studying astrology alone would is dabbling in "darker" aspects of religion, which may or may not be true.

I'm an armchair philospher, so I don't follow mainstream ideas about religion, though I've certainly learned from many... isn't that what life is about?

And I believe that religion and spirituality (belief in God or a "higher power") are two separate things.

Man, I just know I'm going to hear it from someone for that last statement!

Originally Posted by pinkdaisy226

Ha ha, I'm learning that! How seriously do you take astrology? How about Elizabeth?

katspixiedust

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm a cusp as well! Aquarius/Pisces cusp, born on the Pisces side with a majority of Pisces traits. However I definitely show the traits of my cusp in pronounced ways as well. I'd say most notably is how just plain random I can be. One minute I'm sitting quietly watching television and the next I'm singing "Baby Got Back" and wildly dancing around my living room with my boyfriend and roommate watching from the couch (as were the happenings today).
I certainly leave people scratching their heads sometimes!

Waffle is a Gemini...and BOY is she EVER.

vespacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like a boot... er, I mean, hoot!
Yeah, that was really bad, but I am soooo tired.

I just know I'm going to have dreams somehow related to astrology tonight.

Originally Posted by katspixiedust

I'm a cusp as well! Aquarius/Pisces cusp, born on the Pisces side with a majority of Pisces traits. However I definitely show the traits of my cusp in pronounced ways as well. I'd say most notably is how just plain random I can be. One minute I'm sitting quietly watching television and the next I'm singing "Baby Got Back" and wildly dancing around my living room with my boyfriend and roommate watching from the couch (as were the happenings today).
I certainly leave people scratching their heads sometimes!

Waffle is a Gemini...and BOY is she EVER.

katspixiedust

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by vespacat

Sounds like a boot... er, I mean, hoot!
Yeah, that was really bad, but I am soooo tired.

I just know I'm going to have dreams somehow related to astrology tonight.

On America's Next Top Model tonight (I'm addicted, so shhhh
) they did a shoot where each girl was done up as a sign of the zodiac. So when you mentioned having dreams about it the first thing that popped into my head was some super tall and thin girl in a crab costume with giant pinchers chasing you around.

vespacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is TOO funny! You know I'm absolutely going to have a dream now about the various astrological consultations that happened.

Or maybe I'll dream about trekking through the mall today, and trying on what seemed like every coat in Jacob (women's apparel - do you have it in the US?). Another thing about Virgo/Aries combo... I'm not much of a girly girl.
Though I did end up leaving Jacob with with a pink spring coat today!

Originally Posted by katspixiedust

On America's Next Top Model tonight (I'm addicted, so shhhh
) they did a shoot where each girl was done up as a sign of the zodiac. So when you mentioned having dreams about it the first thing that popped into my head was some super tall and thin girl in a crab costume with giant pinchers chasing you around.

jalapeno

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm an Aquarian. The traits that I have of a true Aquarian are:
1.) eccentric, unconventional
2.) humanitarian
3.) loves to start things but don't finish it!

How do you know your sun and rising???

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Susan, you must have Gemini or Virgo rising, who can both be VERY cruel with words when angry...

However, I find many Scorpians I've known to hold grudges for extended periods of time, and some may never speak to someone again after a serious altercation.

Once hurt, I find many Scorpians do not forgive.
Yes that is me!.

I've never spoke to my younger brother for over 15 years because he took my mum and dad for granted and would forget the little things like "Mothers/Fathers Day"

I know lifes too short to bear grudges, but when a scorpion has been hurt, "HELL HATH NO FURY LIKE THE SCORPION WOMAN SCORNED!"

I am a nice person apart from that though!

maverick_kitten

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
me and my estranged boyfriend are both leos and Maverick is an aries. there is never enough attention to go around here!

katspixiedust

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

That is TOO funny! You know I'm absolutely going to have a dream now about the various astrological consultations that happened.

Or maybe I'll dream about trekking through the mall today, and trying on what seemed like every coat in Jacob (women's apparel - do you have it in the US?). Another thing about Virgo/Aries combo... I'm not much of a girly girl.
Though I did end up leaving Jacob with with a pink spring coat today!
As far as I know we don't have a Jacob. At least not in Florida!

katspixiedust

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jalapeno

I'm an Aquarian. The traits that I have of a true Aquarian are:
1.) eccentric, unconventional
2.) humanitarian
3.) loves to start things but don't finish it!

How do you know your sun and rising???
Well sun is easy, you already know it! For you it's Aquarius. Sun is just your birth sign. As far as rising, there are a few great links in this thread that can figure your rising AND all of the other planets out for you.

vespacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yikes! Well, I can understand to some degree the reason for not talking to your brother.
But then again, my family is so messed up, pretty much anything is normal to me!

And yes, I could see that in Scorpio women, but imagine if you were a scorned Virgo woman... Forget about the silent treatment, your husband/boyfriend would NEVER hear the end of it!

Originally Posted by rosiemac

Yes that is me!.

I've never spoke to my younger brother for over 15 years because he took my mum and dad for granted and would forget the little things like "Mothers/Fathers Day"

I know lifes too short to bear grudges, but when a scorpion has been hurt, "HELL HATH NO FURY LIKE THE SCORPION WOMAN SCORNED!"

I am a nice person apart from that though!

vespacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL! Cute!

Originally Posted by maverick_kitten

me and my estranged boyfriend are both leos and Maverick is an aries. there is never enough attention to go around here!

vespacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You and Maverick are going to steamroll over the new kitten with all that fire!
Jokes. Though Maverick may be a wee bit more... well... dominant that the new kitten.
But then again, Maverick is the top cat, and the kitten will probably view him as a big brother and follow him everywhere!

My younger kitty is a Cancer and he follows around my older one (a Leo), and of course they get along well, because they've also established who's the boss!

So Vespa cat,

i'm a leo, Maverick is an aries and the new kitten is a piseces. how do we all fit together?

maverick_kitten

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thats pretty accurate though Maverick is the kittens mummy so he wants to be every where she is any way!

what about my family dynamics;

mum= aquarius
dad= cancer/leo cusp
me=leo
brother=scorpio
sister=saggitarius
lil brother= taurus
sisters bf= taurus or aries (cant remember)

who should techinically get on with who? who should have problems?

vespacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's a tall order!

Alright, your dad probably grounds the family if he's a Cancer and your mom is probably rather independent and enjoys getting out of the house. Your Scorpio brother is probably somewhat quiet, you and your sister probably get along well (both fire signs) but can have it out, too! As for your sisters boyfriend, if he's an Aries they'll get along... if he's a Taurus, she'll probably be dominant, and he may or may not appreciate that.

Again, your ENTIRE chart should be taken into consideration before making an judgment calls.
You can do a basic chart at http://alabe.com/freechart/. Have fun!

thats pretty accurate though Maverick is the kittens mummy so he wants to be every where she is any way!

what about my family dynamics;

mum= aquarius
dad= cancer/leo cusp
me=leo
brother=scorpio
sister=saggitarius
lil brother= taurus
sisters bf= taurus or aries (cant remember)

who should techinically get on with who? who should have problems?