What's the temp where YOU live today?

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's 64ºF out right now, supposed to get to 78ºF today, close to 80 tomorrow also, and then back down to the high 40s on Friday :rolleyes:

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
75 today, supposed to be 70 tomorrow, & this after all the freezing rain & ice last week!
  Crazy weather!  Supposed to cool back down on Friday. Lows at night in the upper 20's I think they said. 

tabbysia

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It's 27 right now where I live. We had a winter casserole overnight--layers of freezing rain, sleet, then a heavy snowfall. "Heavy" snow for us is an inch or more, by the way. There is a layer of ice plus 3" to 7" of snow on top of that, depending on where you live in the metroplex. I'm off work again since all of the area schools are closed, I'm just sitting at home in my warm, cozy house watching people on TV spin out and slide down the freeway ramps. Some of them are giving up, turning around and going back down the ramps the wrong way. There is also a house that is on fire, but firefighters couldn't get
much water pressure to put it out, because the hose or the water or something was frozen.

I had a little mystery in my backyard. There were some very large animal tracks in the snow, with a trail leading from an old shed to my car and back out into the field. There were some more tracks along the side of the house that abruptly stop and don't seem to go anywhere. It makes me wonder what was hiding in there. I have seen a bobcat in the yard before, but it was several months ago. I wonder if that is what is was. We don't really have large wildlife here in North Texas, and I'm pretty sure it was not a dog. We don't have any huge dogs on our street.

tabbysia

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
After doing some research on the Internet, I think I know what they are--rabbit tracks. It makes sense because they are the right shape, and we always have a lot of jackrabbits around. They must be rabbits on steroids though, because they are very big.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have a mystery animal that sometimes goes in the shed. The doors are broken on our shed so animals can get in. I keep seeing paw prints going in but nut coming out for a while after. I'd be trying to hide out from this snow too.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
25 F here right now with snow, snow, snow. We've already gotten more than the forecast and it's still snowing. :nod:

There are so many animal tracks in the yard. There is so much snow on the ground the animals are getting desperate.

We've had coyotes in the yard during the day:

View media item 261050

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When I got up this morning @ 5:30 am it was 43 F. It is now 39 F.  It's suppose to start going back up to 47 F before nightfall then plummet to 25 F overnight

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Started out as O this morning with a high of 41, after highs in the 20's the last couple of days.  A BIG warming trend coming for at least the next 10 days, highs in the 70's by next week, YEAH!!!!  

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
The day started with some light snow showers. They stopped but it is really grey and damp outside. The temp is now 25 degrees..Wind chill of 15 degrees. I cannot warm up! The dampness goes right thru me.. and causes my shoulder to ache something fierce..

I think (hope) the weather will be warmer and sunny tomorrow....

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Currently 72ºF .... got up to 80ºF today.

Going to be a whopping 40-something tomorrow :rolleyes:

After that though, the extended forecast shows no highs below 55 for the next month :D

tabbysia

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Wow! 80 degress! Where do you live, if you don't mind me asking?

I'm sad. It's been rising above freezing (39 right now) and sunny all afternoon, so the snow has been melting away quickly. It's good to have sun, I guess, because we haven't had any sunshine in many days. I want the snow to stick around though, because we don't get it very often, and this is probably the last of it that we will have this year. It's always depressing when it goes away.

We are supposed to have highs in the 60's next week, I think.

pinkdagger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
About -20C. Could be worse. We gripe about winter a lot, but sometimes I think it can be quite easy on the eyes.

The snow looks frozen on the top layer, but it's only barely solid and all fluffy under that.

Last edited:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
4 F this morning. But......wait for it.......by the end of next week? We could be talking 50 F!! 

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It was 18 F when I drove to work at 6 AM. It's suppose to be sunny and up to 45 F today and a beautiful weekend.