What's the temp where YOU live today?

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Today in mild weathered California it was a sunny 68 degrees :)

Just had to share that with all of you who are bearing the storms and freezing cold weather!

Been there, done that, hated it...........

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm just a couple of hours south of you.  We are having mid 60 temps and sunny.  Our problem now is POLLEN.  It's all over everything, including the cats. I  wipe them down when they come in from outside to get the green pine pollen off of them.  It's starting super early this year, probably because of the warm temps the past couple of weeks (it was 80 here last Sunday!) 

pinkdagger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
-14C, but felt like -26C because of the strong bitter wind. Not much snow though. We got 9-11 inches of snow yesterday, I think, but a lot of it melted when it was only 0C yesterday so we have maybe 6-8 inches left now.

I went out expecting worse, so I wore fleece lined tights under my jeans, a tank top, a 3/4 sleeve, and a sweater with two pairs of socks, my heavy duty winter coat and boots, a fleece scarf, and a crocheted hat. I was relatively snug, and the few times I had to get my hands out of my pockets, it was more than bearable. I've been through worse.

Last edited:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I'm just a couple of hours south of you.  We are having mid 60 temps and sunny.  Our problem now is POLLEN.  It's all over everything, including the cats. I  wipe them down when they come in from outside to get the green pine pollen off of them.  It's starting super early this year, probably because of the warm temps the past couple of weeks (it was 80 here last Sunday!) 
mid 60's here in central Florida, too. I have also been there, done that and will never do another "real" winter again.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

80?! Lucky you :) 

Well I was actually perfect today, I don't like heat either, but the thought of winters like back east again....never gonna happen for me. Brrr.

We're not getting the pollen just yet, but it hasn't gotten as warm as it has your way either. 

-14C, but felt like -26C because of the strong bitter wind. Not much snow though. We got 9-11 inches of snow yesterday, I think, but a lot of it melted when it was only 0C yesterday so we have maybe 6-8 inches left now.

I went out expecting worse, so I wore fleece lined tights under my jeans, a tank top, a 3/4 sleeve, and a sweater with two pairs of socks, my heavy duty winter coat and boots, a fleece scarf, and a crocheted hat. I was relatively snug, and the few times I had to get my hands out of my pockets, it was more than bearable. I've been through worse.
Yowza......I can't even imagine that cold. I've lived in N.Y. and Michigan, but never got that cold! Eeeoo.

I picture that kid in the Christmas movie, when his mom got him all dressed and he could barely walk!

pinkdagger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL. My mom did buy my coat and boots for me - I may as well be that kid! She Skypes me at least once a week reminding me to dress warm and not to forget a hat. I think last winter we got hit with -40C (which is so cold at that point that it's also -40F) for a little while so I'm always anticipating that again whenever people say the weather is going to be bad.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
10F, with wind chill values down to -8.  Lordy, I love my electric blanket! (and I'm sure that Pinkdagger thinks I am a weakling! 
)

Last edited:

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I must admit, I've never 'been there, done that'.  I was born in Indiana and presumably they had winters there 
 but I was only a year or two old when we left there.  I do vaguely remember snow in Albuquerque, New Mexico, where we lived when I was 2-5 years old or so, but after that it was sunny southern California as a kid and central CA as an adult, with a stint in (non-snowy) Spain for a few years in my 20s.  

I may have posted this in another thread, but it's a funny comment on how Californians deal with 'weather':  

http://www.thewrap.com/jimmy-kimmel-arctic-los-angeles-weather/

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It was 42 with random bursts of flurry level snow today.  The snow caught me by surprise because at that temps it shouldn't be snowing!  I guess the wind was cold enough to turn rain into snow.  The sky made for interesting watching when i drove to the vet to pick up Noodles' meds.  Now it's just SUPER windy.  The wind has hit the house so hard a few times that we all have jumped; cats included!  I actually went around trying to see if something hit the house or a trash can had blown over; but it was all fine.  

I have experienced temps lower than -40; but not since I was a kid.  We had one winter were school closed a few times because it was too cold for kids to be out walking to the bus stop.  Other days it was just barely too above their temperature required for closing and a few parents with minivans would let us kids pile into them to wait for our bus at the bus stop.  For some reason the cold didn't bother me so much back then.  

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I must admit, I've never 'been there, done that'.  I was born in Indiana and presumably they had winters there 
 but I was only a year or two old when we left there.  I do vaguely remember snow in Albuquerque, New Mexico, where we lived when I was 2-5 years old or so, but after that it was sunny southern California as a kid and central CA as an adult, with a stint in (non-snowy) Spain for a few years in my 20s.  

I may have posted this in another thread, but it's a funny comment on how Californians deal with 'weather':  

http://www.thewrap.com/jimmy-kimmel-arctic-los-angeles-weather/
Okay it must be because I'm in CA as well but I laughed through this entire thing!! SO true too :)  Rough times huh?!  

Then read about snow and 0 degrees or colder.   

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
What a gorgeous picture!

We are in the beginnings of another really cold snap. Right now, it's 11 F, which isn't really too bad. By Monday night, we will be at -9 F, according to the local weatherweenies. Looks like February will be coming in with a cold bang as we are in for 4-8 inches of snow, starting Sunday afternoon and going into Monday night. 

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
It reached 34C here today (about 93F).  The humidity built up into a thunderstorm, so it's cooler now.

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Norachan you live in a picturesque place, my gosh that's beautiful.

Sure sounds cold to me though!! Egads....

It reached 34C here today (about 93F).  The humidity built up into a thunderstorm, so it's cooler now.
Then there's Mani, who's baking!!  I know nothing about the climate where you are but when is winter, and how cold does it get there?

angelamariebee

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Austin, TX here. Texas weather is ridiculous. We'll have a rainy week in the 30-40's and the next it'll be sunny and 70. This week we had a high of 78 and today it'll reach the low 60's.

I can't complain though because I despise the cold. I couldn't handle below freezing temperatures. Not even a little bit.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Quote:

Then there's Mani, who's baking!!  I know nothing about the climate where you are but when is winter, and how cold does it get there?
Our Winter is your Summer.  It can get down to 0C (32F) very, very rarely overnight.. usually more like a range of 10C (50F) to 25C (77F).