What's the most disgusting thing you've ever eaten?

darkeyedgirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aside from the snail/loogie thing, I thought of a few more:

German Potato Salad --- leftover after Christmas, cuz mom never EVER throws anything out until 1) someone dies from eating it or 2) someone throws it away while she's not home. I was #1, only I didn't die; I wound up with severe dehydration cuz the German Potato Salad was not only rancid, but since it was sour on Christmas day, hey I figured, it's supposed to be REALLY sour a few days later, so I ate and ate and ate! .... uh huh

(to this day... no-mo' German Potato Salad fer me)

Creme Brulee --- eaten at a nice little Italian place on my birthday! Just before my 3rd trip down to New Orleans, to be in my best friend's wedding! Welpers the creme brulee tasted a little "off"... kinda inbetween sour and chunky-pasty. Since the birthday dinner was paid for by 2 friends, I ate and ate and ate. So whilst in Nawlins prepping for the wedding... all the next day & during the wedding... the bridesmaid on the end was green in the face. Even in the pictures, I was green.... but not with envy...

amaruuk

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've eaten a lot of things. Some of them (raw oysters while entirely drunk) weren't a good idea, and likely wouldn't eat them again, but nothing that was totally distugusting.

now. when i was homeless as a teenager, that's different. i ate out of a mcdonalds garbage bin once, around the back in this alley, 2am.
i don't want to know what else was in there.
but i'm not dead. so all is well.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
LOL! This is a great thread to read while eating dinner!

Thanks on the scrapple definition: "everything but the squeal"! EEewwwwwwwww! I don't know about it sticking to my ribs - it wouldn't stay down long enough!

Sam!! You live in New Zealand, home of the best fush 'n' chups in the world, and you don't eat them? Shame on you!

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by RockinRhonda

when i think about this now i must of been nuts! or maybe i still am

but up till i was around fifthteen or so i would eat a peanut buttter and sour pickle sandwich but it was good back
then im not sure what it would be like today
My first hubby liked peanut butter, bananas, and mayo lol
I used to like peanut butter and mustard

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Why do I feel like I fell into an episode of Fear Factor?

bigorangemenace

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ahhh!!! I just rememberd what was the grossest thing I have ever eaten...

FLAN!!!!

When I went to Mexico we stayed at a hotel looking out at the Soccolo square.. anyways, they were having a festival thingy, and they were selling flan. I had always wondered what flan would taste like so I tried some and BLEH!!!! It was LIke... Thick icky jello. Ok. Some people might not think this is gross.. but it tasted like jellified coffee. I cannot eat coffee. GROSSNESS!!! We ate a nother kind at a restaraunt when we stayed at that hotel and it was sooo different! IT was all sliced and like wet, soggy, eggy bread... but that stuff was ok with the maple nut ice cream we had with it. BUt otherwise? ICK!

Dont buy flan from random vendors!

I had this weird dilusion that FLan was kind of like a thick custard/pudding (american pudding.. though I dont know if other puddings are different or not) and tasted like caramel. Kind of like... Cheesecake but caramel tasting. Well I was a little wrong about that.

Uck it was all slimy and jiggly and just uck.

(and btw... I didnt know what spotted dick was.. I just saw a movie a bit ago where it was all in england and stuff at a buffet and there was some spotted dick on the table and it looked like a big icky grey loaf of something and it was near some haggus/blood sausage so I thought it was some intestine/blood/whatever creation like blood sausage and Black pudding.)

This is a bit weird but though meatloaf and spaghetti dont taste bad to me, I still dotn like to eat it. Isnt that weird? It tastes good when I have to eat it but I'd rather not.

Corned beef hash is also barf inducing.. At school sometimes they made sandwiches with that or some kind of funky ham, and they had saurkraut on them too. Gross. The smell filled the whole first floor of the school all day long. Ick.

My mom likes this ham like sandwich spread you eat cold. Looks like cat food. Theres also that other sandwich spread that comes in a tube shape (like summer sausage) that stuff is gross also.

I like spam though
MMmm I wish I had some spam now so I could make a grilled cheese and spam sandwich (though it is 1am in the morning)

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pushylady

LOL! This is a great thread to read while eating dinner!

Thanks on the scrapple definition: "everything but the squeal"! EEewwwwwwwww! I don't know about it sticking to my ribs - it wouldn't stay down long enough!

Sam!! You live in New Zealand, home of the best fush 'n' chups in the world, and you don't eat them? Shame on you!
I know I was eating dinner last night and kept avoiding this thread for that very reason!

I don't eat Fish N Chips?!!!!!!!!????? Are you joking woman? Fish and Chips are probably one of the best foods on this earth. My family used to own a Fish N Chip shop..........I looooooooooooooooooooooooooove them!!!!!!!

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

I forgot to mention Sushi, omg that would have to be pretty much on top of my list. Goodness gracious it was horrible. NEVER again!
Lol! I was 15 the first time I went to a Japanese restaurant and I thought I was gonna barf on the table. Eewwwwwwwwwcchhhhh!!

But it became an acquired taste and now I really like sushi and certain other Japanese dishes. I'm still not that much of a fan of the cuisine in general, though.

You know what really IS gross? Tom Yum - you know, when you go to a Chinese restaurant and they walk around with plates of things and you pick and choose? But it's all stuff like chicken feet and raw jellyfish and pickled eyeballs and stuff

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

purity

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

I forgot to mention Sushi, omg that would have to be pretty much on top of my list. Goodness gracious it was horrible. NEVER again!
Totally with you on that one! I went to a sushi restaurant with a friend a while back as she was raving about how great it was, and I was really trying not to be rude when I ket saying 'oh no, it's ok, you can have that last piece on raw salmon....and that roll.....and that one....and that one.....' It took all my restrainment not to throw up when we got out the door! Still felt sick the next day just remembering the feel of raw fish on my tongue!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by hissy

Why do I feel like I fell into an episode of Fear Factor?
The local newpaper recently had an article about a local person "breaking into Hollywood" He is an "assistant producer" on Fear Factor and if you haven't guessed it by now-the guy that "taste tests" all the food. I think he said something like he got paid an extra $50 to taste some of that stuff but didn't have to eat the blended rat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

purity

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That reminds me of an old UK programme called The Word. They had a segment titled 'I'd do anything to get on tv' and the people really would do anything! The ones that stick in my mind: A man cycling on a exercise bike for an hour, then the contestant licking his armpits and a vegetarian rubbing her face in various animal organs. There was a worse one, but I really don't think I can even write it her, it'll get deleted!

cincocatz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I ate fried turkey fries once (fried turkey testicles). They would have been pretty good if I hadn't known what they were.

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Has anyone mentioed White Castle? I once at a slider and it was probably the most terrible thing I've ever eaten in my life, other than assorted camp foods. (I won't include caf food at college...we have a freaking sushi bar here.)

Oh, and I've never eaten it, but the smell of canned albacore tuna makes me absolutely sick to my stomach! Sorry kitties...

My old roommate used to eat tuna salad just to make me mad, that $*(#)@&*#@)!!!