What's the most disgusting thing you've ever eaten?

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pickled pigs feet, poke salad (poisonous if not prepared correctly), dandelion, Shaggy Mane wild mushrooms, Goat (may not have been too bad if I didn't meet dinner before she was butchered).

A note on okra, the only proper way to prepare okra (unless you enjoy snot like consistancy in your food), is to cut it into little circlets, bread it in cornmeal, and fry it.

zak&rocky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rosiemac

Tripe and a couple of osysters, and not forgetting the food i hate with a passion?, kippers!
Funny, before I even saw this post my first thought was tripe. I saw it at a buffet and thought I'd try it. For some reason I thought it was fish. After I ate it I found out what it is from someone else. Gross! (Lining from the cow's stomach)

zak&rocky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sar

The most disgusting thing I've ever eaten were "Pit'r Pat" cat breath fresheners!
Even I couldn't stand the smell of my breath! My goodness, do they wreak!
My husband ate one once and it didn't seem to bother him. What a weirdo.

bigorangemenace

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hm... I've never really eaten anything disgusting like that before. O_O

I cant eat seafood though. The only thing I can eat is canned tuna when mixed with mayonaise and stuff... and I have to have a bed of lettuce or celery on the sandwich with it too and it has to be a thin layer or I can taste the fishyness too much and it makes me want to gag... otherwise it tastes good. (I take fish oil supplements because I cant eat seafood)

Erm.. I was eating a bowl of cereal once and I noticed a big black and swimming in it. I was really sad because it was the last bowl of Golden Graghams and I love the milk in it.. I took the ant out but I couldnt eat any more of it thinking of ant poo and such.

Otherwise I just have normal food fears like.... brussel srpouts, creamed corn, and anything pickled (besides pickles)

They sell pigs feet in our local grocery store too. :p Gross.

Black pudding= Barf!!! Why would they even want to eat that? Wheres the nutrition???? WHo wants to eat BLOOD? Yuck.

I'm sorry to all you people in ENgland and Ireland but you eat some WEIRD stuff.. SPotted dick? Black pudding? Blood Sausage???
Yucky.

I could never eat a bug. I would puke. I dont even like touchign bugs with their little legs and pinchers and eyes and stuff. Ick. *shivers*

I always make sure any boxed items are not moving before they even get cooked (rice, potatoes, oatmeal)

You would not even imagine some of the horror stories my mom has told me about packaged oatmeal (she used to work at a factory). About how rats and bugs get in it and stuff. Makes me sad because I love oatmeal.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE Black pudding!

And all the seafood that people have mentioned well since I live so close to the sea NZ is such a fishy & seafood place but I HATE seafood!

I've eaten worms and flies and eating octopus made me sick!

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh and I suppose I should mention the time I got a nice piece of bacon and egg pie from the local bakery and I went to eat it and a big fat black slug thing crawled out. I cried it was so horrible!

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know what the heck its called, well I do but I can't think of it, mushy stuff , I think it comes in different flavors to YUK, you put it on like crackers, its so gross
Oh I just thought of it Humus I think it is. That may not be spelled correct, I am pretty dog gone pickey anyway,

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Arlyn

Pickled pigs feet, poke salad (poisonous if not prepared correctly), dandelion, Shaggy Mane wild mushrooms, Goat (may not have been too bad if I didn't meet dinner before she was butchered).

A note on okra, the only proper way to prepare okra (unless you enjoy snot like consistancy in your food), is to cut it into little circlets, bread it in cornmeal, and fry it.
on the piggies feet
on the fried Okra, and wash that stuff before you cut it to

On the goat if I met it before or after it was done, I can't stand the smell of a goat, before it gets on the plate

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

purity

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by BigOrangeMenace

I'm sorry to all you people in ENgland and Ireland but you eat some WEIRD stuff.. SPotted dick? Black pudding? Blood Sausage???
Yucky.
Spotted Dick is lovely! It's just a sponge pudding with fruit 'spotted' in it served with custard - yummy!

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The other night it was the end of a VERY long day, I was tired, I was frustrated, I was HUNGRY...

So I stopped off at the Supermarket on the way home from work to get something quick and easy for dinner so I wouldn't have to cook. I had a craving for a cheeseburger so instead of just getting a McDonald's one or something I got one out of the freezer section at the shop.

Got home, stuck it in the microwave, got it out, ready to go. One bite and I almost puked. I spat it straight back out on the plate (NEVER done that before) and threw it away, brushed my teeth, gargled with mouth wash and cooked spaghetti bolognaise.

The only thing I can think of to compare it to would be if you had to eat the flesh of a corpse that had been rotting for two weeks. Seriously, it was SO disgusting!!!

wally meow

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Well once when I was visting a town in Southern Italy, they were cooking snails at at local snail fair... and let me tell you there was this huge iron pot boiling over with green goo and foam, then they cooked the snails in basil and tomatoes, I just tried one and I almost threw up.. it was the most sickly thing I ever tried..
absolutly no more snails please!

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went to a buffet with some friends. There was only one vanilla pudding, so one of my friends took it. At dessert time she took a big mouthful. HA - it turned out to be mayonaise!

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rockcat

I went to a buffet with some friends. There was only one vanilla pudding, so one of my friends took it. At dessert time she took a big mouthful. HA - it turned out to be mayonaise!
gross

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Arlyn

can't stand the smell, much less the taste of goat...
actually, i like okra any way it's prepared, [even raw!
] but my favorite is sauteed with tomatoes. i don't like the tomatoes, but i like the flavor they give the okra. pan frying removes any slime that may be present.

annabelle33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
mussels (gag), frog legs (double gag), and a slice of a sushi roll that had probably been sitting out at a chinese buffet for a couple hours.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I forgot about the time I bought some wild rice from a roadside truck in a tourist town in Northern WI. It was really reasonable so I bought a couple of pounds and gave some to my sister. Thats not somethin I'm going to eat often but a couple of months later my sister was going to make some and everything in the container was moving!!

She tossed her entire thing out-mine was in a tupperware container so I didn't even look I just dumped the container out into the garbage and disinfected it many times.

My husband worked at a pickle factory summers while in high school and he said guys would urinate in the vats and gross things would be in those vats.
He NEVER ears pickles!!

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

Black pudding in Ireland, and then I found out what it was.
I am getting sick just thinking about it!
Gotta ask, what is black pudding????

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

Gotta ask, what is black pudding????
Someone described it farther down in the thread... I WILL NOT look at it again!

emb_78

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by evnshawn

This is going to sound so lame, but: okra. Blech. I keep trying it, too, because I think I should like it; it's good for me. I just can't. It tastes good, but the slime. O the slime!

I like most other things I've tried, though. I've had oysters (fried); those were good. And alligator is good ... sort of tastes like a cross between fish and chicken. Rocky Mountain oysters are pretty tasty too.

The thought of eating bugs is kind of blechy, but I would be willing to give it a try.
LOL

rockinrhonda

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
when i think about this now i must of been nuts! or maybe i still am

but up till i was around fifthteen or so i would eat a peanut buttter and sour pickle sandwich but it was good back
then im not sure what it would be like today