what's the meaning behind your username?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mwallace056

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She was our "grand cat."  She visited us often, stayed with us overnight. We had a litter box and food / water bowls for her. All of this with our neighbors blessing (they said they were happy she had a "safe house" she could go to).  We loved her. 

She was originally adopted as a kitten by the friend of another neighbor, who gave her to them. Misty then adopted the people who eventually came to own her.  They tried to make her an indoor cat, but by then she was just miserable, so they let her out.  Everyone in the neighborhood knew Misty.  We were very sad when they moved back to Germany, but that was what prompted us to go adopt two of our own.  We still have Misty's carrier that they gave us when they left (because the airlines required a soft carrier).

We have wonderful memories of little Misty.
would love to hear some of those memoies or stories

mojoseph

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

@Catapault lol no, but that would have been cool too - I love to read, including fantasy novels (I read pretty much all genres), and I'm finishing up my first fantasy book =)
Ha, I thought of a book immediately too: Kestrel by Lloyd Alexander. The second in the Westmark trilogy. (: 

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
As I'm sure some of you have realised now, my username is my exmoor pony's full name - she's generally called Collie though. I got her as a yearling from the 'breeder' (she was actually an accident - mum and dad were 2 years old and we're in the same field because their owner hadn't realised they were sexually mature...) I'd never intended to buy her, I was just helping out as a favour. Collie fell for me instantly, and I was offered the chance to buy her. I couldn't refuse. Collie's a cat lover - she's great friends with Pushkin, the semi feral yard cat I care for, and if it hadn't been for Collie I'd never have found Asha. Collie's 11 now, and seems to revel in driving me slowly round the bend! She'll always be special to me - she's the first (ok, only) pony I've had right from the start. She also led me to my darling Bonnie (Bonyalua) - a very damaged ex racehorse I bought when Collie was just 2. She mothered Collie, and me too. She's the only horse I've known who'd come and cuddle me when I was upset. She had to be pts a few years ago :rbheart: Sorry...really off topic now. Funny how animals do that to you.

My Columbine

magiksgirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I've used this handle since about 2005-2006. Whew! almost or more than 10 years! 

I was watching the Saturday morning cartoons when a new show came on named "Winx Club". It was about some fairies living in a parallel world of Magiks. I didn't know until later on that it was actually spelt "Magix" but I just kept it Magiks since it was a unique way to write it. Girl... because I saw a lot of characters having their names like that: superman, spider-man, Hawk girl, batman, wonder woman, etc.

That's it! 

angelinacat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My username is not that original either.  I joined another forum in 2008, and was looking around and trying to think of a name, and Angelina walked into the room and jumped in my lap.  So that settled it.  When I found this forum after she was killed, it was natural to keep the same username.

I've had cats all through the years, and it could have been any one of their names.

Last edited:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
The hardest part of joining a new forum is thinking of a username, particularly one you'll remember.  As I'd just adopted Ruby before I joined up, I went with an unimaginative, yet easy to remember,  username.

Last edited:

turtbat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cats name is Turtle because I was a toddler when my parents and I rescued her and they told me that she was a tortoiseshell cat. I replied, "oh, so her name is Turtle then?" 15 years later and she still somehow fits the name.

Anyway, she has all kinds of affectionate nicknames; 'turt' 'turtloaf' 'turtbat' 'turt-squirt' etc. I call her 'turtbat' the most often so hence the username turtbat

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning people!:wavey:

Can´t remember if I posted here before, but anyway...

My Last name is Cool ! :cool:

So, is right, I´m Mr Cool :D

Then I love the cats :rub: and voila! my Nick name! :D

CoolCat :cool:

Have a nice middle of he week!:wavey:

catminionjess

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I went with my username because I'm just here to do my cats' bidding and Jess is a short version of my first name. Pretty simple and easy enough for me to remember even if it's only for this site.

LotsOfFur

What greater gift than the love of a cat.
Top Cat
Purraise
I chose my username because with 5 cats and 4 dogs there is always lots of fur around.
:)

sapphire75

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sapphire is my birthstone. Plus they are beautiful. 1975 is the year I was born, 75 is the number behind a lot of my usernames on different websites.

Last edited:

booperdoodle71

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It is a combination of the nicknames of my late Daughter Hailey, and my Son Tyler, hers being Booper Smith and his being Doodle Bug. So BooperDoodle And the year of my birth. 71...