what's the meaning behind your username?

mazie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
God bless you Ms. Cerendipity.  Keep up the good work, just know we cat lovers will always be right here in your corner.  I know I have been here just a short time, but the caring, love of our cats we cat people  have  a solidarity,  thank God which  is very prevalent with a lot of us in "The cat site. "  Koodos!!!

maureen brad

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Obviously my user name is my name. All that means is that when I first joined the site I wasn't paying close enough attention.I wish I had not used my name but I can't figure out how to change it.Does anyone know?

losna

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Losna is an etruscan moon goddess. I happened to be researching moon goddesses at the time I signed up here, and when I asked Sinbad if he thought it was a good name, he went: AYEYAYAH! Which sounded to me like an excited agreement so I took it. 

blackcat416

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I love cats but especially love black cats. For years I would only own/adopt black cats. But then I fell in love with a pink little nose and now I adopt any cat endanger of being put to sleep who is really nice and just needs a chance in a good home. So out of my 6, I have 2 black cats, 2 tabby's, 1 white cat and 1 cow cat. The 416 was my Archie's birthday, Archie stole my heart some 25 years ago and since then I've been blackcat416. Of course Archie was a blackcat. :D

dejolane

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When we first got a computer from my sister I shared my username with my son cause we had the same email. So after all this time, I just kept it.

de-Debbie

jo- Joey

lane- my last name      so it's dejolane 

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

mwallace056

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really enjoyed everyone posts. Also i am bumping this up because i would to hear from new members or members who haven't see this thread yet

Last edited:

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My user name is how I keep my Dad close to my heart 
.  He passed in 2010.  In 2001, he became totally disabled because of a stroke, and I cared for him at home for nine years and I do miss him so!  I am sure that he sent little Speedy to me!  His name was Ray, last initial S, and of course, "my heart".
 He loved cats! 

chromium blues

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
...With this red-hot fever and these chromium blues...

Stuck in my head like glue when I signed up for this...Melissa Etheridge's Chrome-Plated Heart.

By the way, Sneakysmom, I saw your post earlier on along this thread - Rita Mae Brown's always been political. Check out Rubyfruit Jungle and In Her Day.

giraffatitan

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Giraffatitan is my favorite dinosaur. It was a sauropod and one of the largest.

Along with my love of cats I am a huge fan of dinosaurs.

I use the name Giraffatitan on all types of social platforms, instagram, xboxlive and such.

mwallace056

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My user name is how I keep my Dad close to my heart :hugs: .  He passed in 2010.  In 2001, he became totally disabled because of a stroke, and I cared for him at home for nine years and I do miss him so!  I am sure that he sent little Speedy to me!  His name was Ray, last initial S, and of course, "my heart". :rub:  He loved cats! 
i agree with above post, very heartwarming

mkat02

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
M stands for mom 

Kat has been my nickname my whole life because if there was a cat within a mile it was with me. My aunt has told me many times she has never seen me without a cat around. Lol 

They find me everywhere. 

02 was the year my little girl was born and a tiny little 1 day old kitten found her way into my life. She was mean from the get go and no else was willing to feed her. After a few days of cut up hands , I was the only person who could be near her . She was only with us for 6 short years and is still missed daily. 

mwallace056

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
M stands for mom 
Kat has been my nickname my whole life because if there was a cat within a mile it was with me. My aunt has told me many times she has never seen me without a cat around. Lol 
They find me everywhere. 
02 was the year my little girl was born and a tiny little 1 day old kitten found her way into my life. She was mean from the get go and no else was willing to feed her. After a few days of cut up hands , I was the only person who could be near her . She was only with us for 6 short years and is still missed daily. 
Aww :)

Last edited:

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

must have been a sweet cat
She was our "grand cat."  She visited us often, stayed with us overnight. We had a litter box and food / water bowls for her. All of this with our neighbors blessing (they said they were happy she had a "safe house" she could go to).  We loved her. 

She was originally adopted as a kitten by the friend of another neighbor, who gave her to them. Misty then adopted the people who eventually came to own her.  They tried to make her an indoor cat, but by then she was just miserable, so they let her out.  Everyone in the neighborhood knew Misty.  We were very sad when they moved back to Germany, but that was what prompted us to go adopt two of our own.  We still have Misty's carrier that they gave us when they left (because the airlines required a soft carrier).

We have wonderful memories of little Misty.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just what came in my mind when I signed up, I guess.

Last edited: