What's the last thing you ate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Ok, somebody needs to come here and take the Peppermint Crunch Icebox Cookies out of this house!  
They are so good!

And I don't even like peppermint all that much. But darn, these are good cookies, crunchy on the outside, chewy on the inside. 

Last edited:

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Oh man, you know I want to help, but I can't. 
   (They do sound goooood)     I've got 3 chocolate brioche fingers sitting next to me singing away in my ears and I've already eaten 2 more slices of batternburg cake since my last post.....

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I just Googled battenburg cake....had no clue what it was. It looks gorgeous! And I bet it's delicious, too. Do you make your own cake or do you buy it at a bakery?

I have a round layer cake set with inserts, so that when it's layered and frosted and you cut into it, it looks like a checkerboard. Something along the lines of your battenburg cake, but not with the marzipan. 

LaraLove, your noodles look really pretty. 

The last thing I ate last night.....was, yeah, more peppermint icebox crunch cookies. We dunked them into hot chocolate, which gave the chocolate a minty flavor, too.

Drinking my morning coffee right now.

Last edited:

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had sour cream pancakes for breakfast. I wanted to try something different for my daughter and she loved them. 

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sour cream pancakes sound so good!

I had some new potatoes with a little butter. Got a ham hock boiling out for collard greens at the moment.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
I wonder if I could make a battenburg cake!
I'm guessing you could,  but whether you will if you can buy a good one is another matter.  You could always get someone else to make one for you. 

I just Googled battenburg cake....had no clue what it was. It looks gorgeous! And I bet it's delicious, too. Do you make your own cake or do you buy it at a bakery?

I have a round layer cake set with inserts, so that when it's layered and frosted and you cut into it, it looks like a checkerboard. Something along the lines of your battenburg cake, but not with the marzipan. 

LaraLove, your noodles look really pretty. 

The last thing I ate last night.....was, yeah, more peppermint icebox crunch cookies. We dunked them into hot chocolate, which gave the chocolate a minty flavor, too.

Drinking my morning coffee right now.
Winchester, I have made my own and it's great fun (and tastes better than bought too) but usually it's shop bought. The first one I made was at school in home economics and it was a massive one, about 24" long but usual depth / width, and fresh made marzipan to coat it. The marzipan is never as nice on the bought ones and I do love nice marzipan.

Mmmmmm, mint cookies dunked in hot chocolate, that sounds decadent yumminess in a mug.

I had the last big slice of my battenburg cake with the last of my pumpkin orange and apricot juice tonight.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A mini Mars bar!
Regarding the battenburg cake I will comment tomorrow. Bedtime now.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
3 prunes. I am lacking fibre as I've been on a cake diet the last two days. Orange cake and more of my Nieces birthday cake. Sometimes you just have to live a little ;)

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I never want to see another peppermint cookie for a long, long time.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did you do it exactly as Ree wrote the recipe? With all that lovely butter? Your sour cream is very thick isn't it? Ours isn't so thick. Do you think. It would come out the same?
No I just put a little butter and syrup on it. I'm trying not to eat too much junk and I definitely wouldn't want my 15 month old to have all that butter and syrup. Yeah the sour cream is thick, I think the batter might be really thin if you made it with thinner sour cream. You might have to use more flour or something to thicken it.

I ate a leftover sloppy joe, 2 little chocolates and a cookie. Back to healthy eating in the new year so I am eating up all the junk food now.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A small piece of pear strudel.  One of our clients sent 2 boxes to us, which each had 3 strudels in them; pear, apple and peach.  Nearly all gone now lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.