What's the last thing you ate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1 Italian turkey sausage, 1 ounce soft French cheese, 2 stalks celery, 1 raw scallion, 1 oz. half and half in my decaf.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never tasted goat. Do they have cloven hooves and chew the cud?
Another rogelach with chocolate inside. They're very small.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've never tasted goat. Do they have cloven hooves and chew the cud?
Another rogelach with chocolate inside. They're very small.
Yes.  Goat is kosher.  It's very good when slow cooked.  I got it at a Cuban restaurant.

(sorry if it said "no" the first time you read this - I misread how you asked the question)

Last edited:

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

Yes.  Goat is kosher.  It's very good when slow cooked.  I got it at a Cuban restaurant.

(sorry if it said "no" the first time you read this - I misread how you asked the question)
Mmmm, like goat.  Only had it a couple of times but it was very tasty.  It was when I was visiting a friend over in East Africa and was pretty much the only meat and even then only in the less impoverished areas (you would see chicken occasionally and fish on the coast but that was it).  Slow cooked and mixed with rice and vegetables.  Don't want to know how anything was stored given electricity was decidedly unreliable in the areas that had it and the climate was hot hot hot......  vegetarian was definitely the safer option! 

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm du such an idiot. I should have just asked if it's kosher. SMH.
I I've never seen it here. Probably in 'posh' restaurants. What does it taste like?

silviar

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ginger kisses cookies and a cuppa tea. Ah, afternoon bliss.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Plum and ginger jam sandwich and a cup of tea, closely followed by some liquorice....

What I ALMOST had was a hot mango pickle sandwich - and I would have if I hadn't smelled the curry spice as I was spreading out a big spoonful. 
  The jar looked the same, the contents looked the same, thank goodness for a sense of smell! 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
How about what we're going to eat?

Rick is working a bit of OT this morning and he should be home around 10:30...he had to be into work at 5:00.

Well, he doesn't know it, but he's coming home to brunch this morning. I'm making him some grilled sausages with French toast this morning. And a bowl of warmed fruit salad as a bit of dessert. 

He's been through quite a bit this week: he lost a cap to one of his teeth and it had to be glued back on, his mom fell the other night and we had to make a trip to the ER with her in the ambulance, so we were up most of that night, he had some union stuff that he had to get done, things like that. It was a stressful week and he's really glad it's almost over.

So I thought I'd make a bit of brunch for him. I think he'll enjoy it. 

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wouldn't you have liked a hot mango pickle sandbo? It's called amba here and my son used to love it on his sandwiches for school. Had to be careful not to get it on my hands. You know? Maybe I'll buy me some.
Usual Saturday corn on the cob absolutely dripping with butter. Yum.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Wouldn't you have liked a hot mango pickle sandbo? It's called amba here and my son used to love it on his sandwiches for school. Had to be careful not to get it on my hands. You know? Maybe I'll buy me some.
Usual Saturday corn on the cob absolutely dripping with butter. Yum.
I thought about it but I wanted jam.  
   Maybe I'll try it another day.  It's like a really hot curry with mango this chutney.

Vegetable spring rolls.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1 spinach/feta/chicken patty, 1 serving steamed brussel sprouts, 1/2 serving salt-free green beans.

andrya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Roast pork steak (from my half-pig), mashed chive and onion potatoes, Brussels sprouts, peas, and corn.

Status
Not open for further replies.