What's the last thing you ate - 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
a tossed salad -- my late lunch. this time i had the croutons i had made yesterday to add to my salad -- and it took that tossed salad over the top and into greatness!

happybird

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
DH and I are snacking on a mixed bag of Jelly Belly jellybeans. Haven't had them in years and had forgotten how fun it is to guess the flavors!

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise

a tossed salad -- my late lunch. this time i had the croutons i had made yesterday to add to my salad -- and it took that tossed salad over the top and into greatness!
I just "have" to have croutons on my salad...it is not satisfying without them....

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just finished a slice of cheesecake with strawberries that I picked up at the supermarket bakery.  It is sold as a single serving.  

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I just "have" to have croutons on my salad...it is not satisfying without them....
i've made tossed salads for my lunch since last sunday, and they were good. but adding the croutons to my tossed salad today made it great -- and, like you said, satisfying.

the croutons recipe i used had cajun seasoning, grated parmesan cheese, and onion powder mixed together -- then half of the seasoning was mixed into bread cubes that had already been tossed with some melted butter. the other half of the seasoning was sprinkled over the top of the croutons after they'd been spread on baking sheets. then in the oven to bake for 7 minutes, take them out and stir them up a bit, and back in the oven for another 8 minutes. then i turned the oven off and left them in the oven while it cooled down -- to get the bread cubes/croutons dry all the way through. the croutons are quite spicy if eaten by themselves, but on a salad they don't taste spicy but add excellent flavor.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
3 slices of matza. 2 with butter and egg salad and one with butter and chocolate spread.

Status
Not open for further replies.