What's the last thing you ate - 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your meal sounds delicious. I love eggs benedict.
What are these magic noodles you all talk about?
I don't think you'd like miracle noodles
  They are made from the Konjac root, aka glucomannon, and  aka shirataki noodles.  They come in a soy version which must be refrigerated, and the version and brand I get, has no soy, needs no refrigeration.  They come formed into different shapes - as ziti, rice, angel hair pasta, fettuccine noodles, and are in a nasty liquid that you don't want to smell as you drain and rinse them before heating in a bit of water which then also needs to be discarded.  Some folks expect a pasta taste and texture, and they don't provide that.  What they do provide - chew, and they are filling.  For zero calories, zero fat, zero carb, zero everything.  I find them a very useful 'tool'.

Last edited:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I don't think you'd like miracle noodles
  They are made from the Konjac root, aka glucomannon, and  aka shirataki noodles.  They come in a soy version which must be refrigerated, and the version and brand I get, has no soy, needs no refrigeration.  They come formed into different shapes - as ziti, rice, angel hair pasta, fettuccine noodles, and are in a nasty liquid that you don't want to smell as you drain and rinse them before heating in a bit of water which then also needs to be discarded.  Some folks expect a pasta taste and texture, and they don't provide that.  What they do provide - chew, and they are filling.  For zero calories, zero fat, zero carb, zero everything.  I find them a very useful 'tool'.
I have a bag of them in my refrigerator. I'm buidling up the courage to try them.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You are quite right Pat. I wouldn't like them kudos to you for actually eating them. I'd rather eat a bowl of lettuce without dressing. One of my favourite veggies. I always eat my sister's if we go out.
Can't take me anywhere. Well actually twice. The second time to apologise! !

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Salad, roasted leg of lamb, boiled cabbage, 2 chocolate dipped biscotti with 2 tsp. walnut butter and a tiny 19 calorie piece of chocolate w/?cranberry (not sure what the fruit was!).

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Still feeling under the weather...two cold pork wieners, 1 serving salsify, 1 mini brie bite, 1 oz. half and half with my coffee.  Thinking about taking some Dayquil.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
We had a power outage last night...

I had leftovers tonight for supper.. grilled salmon, rice pilaf, cole slaw  and a whoopee pie for dessert!!

I gave Artie a bit of the salmon..He is turning his nose up at it!!! LOL~ he is not a people food eater....

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Angel hair pasta with homemade sauce I cooked last weekend.  I'm trying to use it up!  I put sausage links and beef chunks in it.  It's so yummy!!  I forgot garlic bread to mop up the rest on my plate though.  

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Snacked on some more cocktail peanuts at my desk. Debating if I'm going to go grab lunch today or just relax in my car in the parking lot (once my boss gets back with the Frosted Lemonade from Chic-Fil-A)

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Angel hair pasta with homemade sauce I cooked last weekend.  I'm trying to use it up!  I put sausage links and beef chunks in it.  It's so yummy!!  I forgot garlic bread to mop up the rest on my plate though.  
That sounds yummy. When I forget garlic bread I go to a pizza place and get a few garlic knots. Cheap, easy and they work great at mopping up sauce. 

Status
Not open for further replies.