What's one positive thing you can say about the last 24 hours of your life? 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm going to Sydney!! Woo Hoo!! I've never been there before.
That is wonderful, @Tammat    Take a lot of photos, then, and enjoy all the sights and atmosphere.
If you collect postcards, buy those as well.  I usually get them at places I have been.

one positive up here, is that it was a beautiful sunny day!  turned cloudy at 4pm....but did not matter at that point.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our trip to Sydney is a gift from my MIL. I have never had the privilege to stay in a hotel like this before. It's amazing. I will post a pic in the morning. It's a positive alright.

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
Our trip to Sydney is a gift from my MIL. I have never had the privilege to stay in a hotel like this before. It's amazing. I will post a pic in the morning. It's a positive alright.
@Tammat    I didn't mean to muscle you into posting pictures,..
... I don't think you'll have the time on the trip....lol.   (but I do love photos).  

Post when you get back, just enjoy each moment.

You already sound like you are there, I love that.
   enthusiasm is contagious...lol.

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The nurse manager of the floor I'm precepting on asked my preceptor lots of questions abut me yesterday.  It's a good sign in a very competitive market!

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise

I got to hear baby's heartbeat for the first time today. 
 I cannot wait for October to meet him/her. 
I second what Tammat said!  
  One more picture of ultrasound would be sweet.
 (you did say you had four.)  lol.

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
You just made my weekend with that baby photo.  The weather was great today, and now seeing and hearing that you heard a heartbeat is so cool.  Have a great weekend, too @catlover19  .

They sometimes do look like little aliens,  ...
....I had friends 6 years ago who were having their third child, and the father....was trying to explain the ultrasound to us....It was funny, since he too, just said, "here, look, there is a head there, but I don't know....my wife does"....
   lol

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

You just made my weekend with that baby photo.  The weather was great today, and now seeing and hearing that you heard a heartbeat is so cool.  Have a great weekend, too @catlover19  .

They sometimes do look like little aliens,  ...
....I had friends 6 years ago who were having their third child, and the father....was trying to explain the ultrasound to us....It was funny, since he too, just said, "here, look, there is a head there, but I don't know....my wife does"....
   lol
 Sometimes, the pictures are hard to make out what it is, especially when it's an earlier ultrasound. 

The weather is going to be so nice today and tomorrow. Not looking forward to Tuesday though...high of 0 and snow. 
 Where in Ontario are you from?

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
 Sometimes, the pictures are hard to make out what it is, especially when it's an earlier ultrasound. 

The weather is going to be so nice today and tomorrow. Not looking forward to Tuesday though...high of 0 and snow. 
 Where in Ontario are you from?
Hi @catlover19....you have to be joking about the snow??  But then I went online to the weather network, and saw that it had 2* Celsius for Tuesday......with picture of sun, cloud, rain, and snow.....lol.....I think that pretty much covers all the weather, except hail and sleet, or fog....lol

I am glad you mentioned it, so that I could stay longer outside today, but it was overcast.

I live in southern Ontario, about 30 minutes north of Toronto.  

Check out @Natalie_ca    thread here.  There is snow falling today where she is at.

http://www.thecatsite.com/t/275974/its-snowing#post_3535171.....I did not want to believe it.

The meringue I baked came out perfectly!
Does anyone here think, that @Mani, has any of this perfect meringue left over after two days?

.....that would be a positive.....or may be  the positive was in eating it all the first day......lol.

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks @Tammat  ..I did see the other thread first, but these photos are larger...

I love the way the darker sky contrasts with the Opera House.

When you get back, I have to ask.....did the Opera House seem larger or smaller to you in person?

And a game show, up here, (called Jeopardy), said the roof resembled "sails"....in the harbour,  but we always thought it looked like "sea shells".

So what do you guys, down there say?

(Also, hoping no one got hurt in that cyclone.)

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Hi @catlover19....you have to be joking about the snow??  But then I went online to the weather network, and saw that it had 2* Celsius for Tuesday......with picture of sun, cloud, rain, and snow.....lol.....I think that pretty much covers all the weather, except hail and sleet, or fog....lol

I am glad you mentioned it, so that I could stay longer outside today, but it was overcast.

I live in southern Ontario, about 30 minutes north of Toronto.  

Check out @Natalie_ca    thread here.  There is snow falling today where she is at.

http://www.thecatsite.com/t/275974/its-snowing#post_3535171.....I did not want to believe it.
I really hope we don't get snow. It's finally almost all melted. I live about an hour and a half from Toronto, closer to London. 

We spent quite a while outside this afternoon. We got Aimee a sand box today so she played in that for a while before dinner. Then she went to the in laws house for a sleepover and we got a night out. 
 We have to get those nights out before this baby is born.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks @Tammat
 ..I did see the other thread first, but these photos are larger...:bigthumb:
I love the way the darker sky contrasts with the Opera House.
 When you get back, I have to ask.....did the Opera House seem larger or smaller to you in person?
 And a game show, up here, (called Jeopardy), said the roof resembled "sails"....in the harbour,  but we always thought it looked like "sea shells".
 So what do you guys, down there say?
(Also, hoping no one got hurt in that cyclone.)
The opera house is probably not as big as I thought it would be. I'm here with two others. One says it resembles shells the other sails. I honestly don't know? The roof is actually tiles. They are shiny. I didn't know that about it.
Today we went to Bondi beach. I see what the attraction is now. The sand is so white and soft. I asked the life guards if they clean it but they said it's just like that. No sea weed. Just a gorgeous beach. The water was particularly warm today because of the cyclone up north.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
 The water was particularly warm today because of the cyclone up north.
It's been raining here all day.. I imagine Sydney will get it by Tuesday, if at all.  You can see the 'sweep' of the remnants of the cyclone on the rain chart.

My positive thing today - lovely rain!  My garden is thrilled.

Status
Not open for further replies.