What's for dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonepicker

Animal Lover Extraordinare
Top Cat
Purraise
Grilled marinated pork chops, fresh green beans, roasted crispy potatoes. After homemade cheesecake with fresh berry glaze.

Last edited:

bonepicker

Top Cat
Purraise
BLT.  I REALLY wanted salami but can not drive all the way to store so settled for a Wawa BLT.  The roll is still warm and it is much better then I expected. Now I worry I may want another later/tomotherrrow.
BLTs are great when the tomatoes are warm off the vine fresh.

Last edited:

bonepicker

Top Cat
Purraise
It's a splurge weekend..rib-eye steak on the grill, Portobello mushrooms, salad with fresh from the garden tomatoes and green onions and Texas toast...And a glass of red wine of course!

And guess who turned up their precious little noses at their dinner of Tiki Cat Wild Salmon ?? Yep, that would be my spoiled boys, Sammy and Bam-Bam.
Ribeyes are the BEST

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Everyone's dinners sound so good. We were at a 30th birthday party today so we ate there. I had 2 kinds of pasta salad, a chicken leg, a meatball, a tiny bit of chili (baby didn't like the chili) and some cheese. We also had red velvet cake. It's almost 9 pm now and I am getting pretty hungry again. 

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pumpkin, asparagus, cauliflower ( I got the best looking one ever yesterday), green beans and sautéed lamb leg steaks.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Starting with a big salad of romaine, celery, scallion, homegrown cherry tomatoes and radish. Grilled chicken with an old fashioned barbeque sauce from my fanny farmer paperback cookbook, that my great-aunts gave me when I was turning 16 I think was the occasion.  It's just egg, seasonings and apple cider vinegar - really nummy.
Salt potatoes, grilled mushrooms, boiled summer squash, a serving of gluten-free fried green tomatoes I made, and 1 apple-rhubarb muffin (made with homegrown rhubarb and apples).

Last edited:

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We are having beef stroganoff tonight.
I love rhubarb but can hardly get it here.

Starting with a big salad of romaine, celery, scallion, homegrown cherry tomatoes and radish. Grilled chicken with an old fashioned barbeque sauce from my fanny farmer paperback cookbook, that my great-aunts gave me when I was turning 16 I think was the occasion.  It's just egg, seasonings and apple cider vinegar - really nummy.

Salt potatoes, grilled mushrooms, boiled summer squash, a serving of gluten-free fried green tomatoes I made, and 1 apple-rhubarb muffin (made with homegrown rhubarb and apples).

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love rhubarb but can hardly get it here.
Its expensive here, which is why I'm grateful I can grow my own.  Do you have a garden?  Is this an option for you to try and grow?  It's quite prolific.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Its expensive here, which is why I'm grateful I can grow my own.  Do you have a garden?  Is this an option for you to try and grow?  It's quite prolific.
I live in an apartment. No garden.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
I live in an apartment. No garden.
You don't need a garden: when I lived in the Seattle area but knew I was going to move back to SoCal again I grew rhubarb in a pot that was  a foot across and it produced a lot. That pot sat on my balcony where it got about 7 hours of sunshine. When I moved back to Calif I sneaked that pot across the Calif border without declaring it as the agricultural patrol would have taken it from me, and I put it in my community garden plot here. It did quite well for two more years and then it died for no apparent reason. Now I am hunting for a new one.

You may want to put it in a larger pot to begin with as rhubarb does not like to be moved and can live 20 years, just topdress it once a year and fertilize it a few times a year.Remove dead leaves and stalks by twisting them off and do not attempt to harvest any stalks the first year, you will weaken the plant, and only harvest the biggest stalks the second year. After that it's ok, just be sure to let the stalks get big enough, most people are so eager that they harvest too early which, again, weakens the plant. Do not use ordinary garden soil which compacts into something like cement when in a pot, get potting mix only and you should be ok. 

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wonderful, you should give it a try.  I was wondering if one could grow a small patch of rhubarb in a pot.  Segalkatt, do you miss this area? (I live not that far from Seattle).

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Leftovers. There's really not much left over, but we still need to get it eaten. A couple burgers, some beans and some pickled eggs. There was scant cake leftover and I brought that into work this morning....it's gone now. So it's whatever we can find in the fridge for supper tonight.

smokem

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Fried rice! I am so proud to be cooking Japanese(sort of).

I hope this isnt illegal-the site is www.justbento.com.

Many recipes,potato oyaki the most recent.Sort of a potato pancake with or without filling.

Status
Not open for further replies.