What's for dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mountain pies! Pizza ones, to be exact. With apple ones as dessert. Along with a pan of applesauce brownies. And maybe some s'mores for a bit of chocolate.
We're visiting friends tonight and we're having a campfire. We all have pie irons to make the mountain pies in the coals of the fire.
you sound like pioneers.

zoocat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It's a splurge weekend..rib-eye steak on the grill, Portobello mushrooms, salad with fresh from the garden tomatoes and green onions and Texas toast...And a glass of red wine of course!

And guess who turned up their precious little noses at their dinner of Tiki Cat Wild Salmon ?? Yep, that would be my spoiled boys, Sammy and Bam-Bam.

oceanbreathes

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Probably the same indulgent meal as last night:  noodle/veggie mixture, broccoli, tofu, and spring rolls.  Blood orange sorbet for dessert.  

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
you sound like pioneers.
 Well, we had a good time and the pies were delicious.  Had quite a nice campfire, too. We're thinking that may be our last fire of the year, but we're hoping to get one more in before the snow starts to fly.

Tonight's dinner is pork tenderloin on the grill. My GF gave me a jar of tomato jam that she canned and I'm going to make some of it into a BBQ glaze for the pork tonight.  Some green beans and maybe some corn on the cob, if the replanted corn has started to produce yet. 

I'm baking Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunkers this morning while Rick takes his mother to church. We'll probably have a couple cookies tonight with dinner as a bit of dessert.

A very Happy Birthday to a very pretty little Aimee! She looks adorable in that dress! 

Last edited:

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:lol3:  Well, we had a good time and the pies were delicious.  Had quite a nice campfire, too. We're thinking that may be our last fire of the year, but we're hoping to get one more in before the snow starts to fly
Tonight's dinner is pork tenderloin on the grill. My GF gave me a jar of tomato jam that she canned and I'm going to make some of it into a BBQ glaze for the pork tonight.  Some green beans and maybe some corn on the cob, if the replanted corn has started to produce yet. 

I'm baking Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunkers this morning while Rick takes his mother to church. We'll probably have a couple cookies tonight with dinner as a bit of dessert.

A very Happy Birthday to a very pretty little Aimee! She looks adorable in that dress! :bday:
sounds wonderful except I'd prefer something else instead of pork.
You've got winter coming already? We're still 30 degrees every day and 24-26 at night.
They have said a rainy winter. Bring it on I say.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
sounds wonderful except I'd prefer something else instead of pork.
You've got winter coming already? We're still 30 degrees every day and 24-26 at night.
They have said a rainy winter. Bring it on I say.
I don't think you're going to find very many people in the U.S. ready for winter.  I don't feel like we have even really had summer yet.  I am usually not dreading winter but after last winter and then a cool summer, I am dreading winter.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think you're going to find very many people in the U.S. ready for winter.  I don't feel like we have even really had summer yet.  I am usually not dreading winter but after last winter and then a cool summer, I am
dreading winter.
we have mild winters compared to you. 10 degrees used to be when I put my electric blanket on. We need very eery winters for the water. But last year we had a phenomenon. Jerusalem was expecting snow like every year but not what happened. A snow storm that closed Jerusalem off completely. People who lived outside were trapped. People who lived in Jerusalem couldn't get home. Halls were opening up with beds for those trapped. Strangers were opening their houses to strangers. Every hotelewas full. Electricity was knocked out for quite a distance. Volunteers were going to old people with their meds and food. Where I am it was freezing. I doubt that it will happen again.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I don't think you're going to find very many people in the U.S. ready for winter.  I don't feel like we have even really had summer yet.  I am usually not dreading winter but after last winter and then a cool summer, I am dreading winter.
I'm in Canada, but we barely had a summer here too. I hate winter, but right now I'd give anything for cooler temperatures. It's been really cool all summer but now that it's just about September, it's getting hot and humid. I am struggling with the heat, especially at night as I get farther along in my pregnancy. Thankfully, I am getting closer to the end and have less than 7 weeks to go (although I highly doubt I will make it to 40 weeks after Aimee being born at 29 weeks).

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I don't think you're going to find very many people in the U.S. ready for winter.  I don't feel like we have even really had summer yet.  I am usually not dreading winter but after last winter and then a cool summer, I am dreading winter
Some of us have had plenty of summer and will continue to until late November or so. We will still be experiencing brutal heat here for Halloween. Come on down!!!  We can all sweat in our costumes!!

Our "winters" are perfect. I heard a rumor that it actually snowed here near the beach once in 1973 but the flakes melted before they hit the ground. I suppose that doesn't count. That's OK. I have experienced enough winter and snow in my life to last forever.  

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Same boat of REALLY wanting it cooler!  2 window units in this house.  No where near adequate when sun is out.  I just lay with a damp towel on me and watch tv.  So the house is a bit of a mess as you can imagine.  Today was 90 and Tuesday is 95.  Thunder today and tomorrow.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank goodness for air conditioning.
I had chicken, jacket potatoes and coleslaw and very nice it was too.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
and enjoying her cupcake

We ended up going out for dinner. We were too tired to cook and nobody stuck around past 5. I had a panzerotti, sooooo good but so filling. 
She is adorable and I just love that dress!! It is so cute!! My little girl is 19 now but I still have some of her dresses and little outfits from when she was small. Happy birthday sweet Aimee!!  

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
BLT.  I REALLY wanted salami but can not drive all the way to store so settled for a Wawa BLT.  The roll is still warm and it is much better then I expected. Now I worry I may want another later/tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.