What's for dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That sounds good!  I love fresh parmesan.  It has a much stronger flavor.

I made veggie soft tacos with zucchini, mushrooms, and some red onion.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Grilled chicken breast, creamy scalloped potatoes, carrots, green beans and pumpkin for me instead of the potatoes.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Thinking of a sliced grilled chicken breast with a salad

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cheese cannelloni and garlic bread. I want to make a caesar salad to go with it, but it would only be lettuce, parmesan cheese and salad dressing since I don't have croutons or bacon.

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mmmm...I miss a good egg salad.  Ice cold is awesome in this summer heat.  I miss good authentic German potato salad too.  I used to have a good recipe somewhere.

I think tonight I'll make some Velveeta queso (using white cheese and hot Rotel) and use that instead of mexi-mayo for my veggie soft tacos.  Really craving queso lately.

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love rotisserie chicken.  I save the bones for stock and sometimes use most of the chicken just for soup.  Often times the rotisserie chicken is cheaper than what I can buy a whole raw chicken for.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I have a recipe for a rotisserie-style roast chicken and it's absolutely delicious. I use the leftovers in chicken pie or in any recipe that cooked chicken is needed. The bones and some veggies go into a nice broth that I freeze and use later on for poultry dishes. If anybody is interested, it's here: http://www.thecatsite.com/t/238201/main-dishes-and-entrees-poultry . I don't think you'd be sorry if you tried it. The chicken itself is pictured on our Recipe Exchange.

We didn't have the grilled chicken breasts last night. Til we got home from grocery-shopping, we were both hungry, so we put a store pizza in the oven. I think we'll probably have the chicken tonight.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
homegrown lettuce and spinach in a salad with scallions and celery. Baked chicken (boneless, skinless breast) with an African peanut sauce I wanted to try (Maffe sauce  - brand is Kitchens of Africa. Ingredients are: water, peanut paste, tomato paste, lime juice, onions, ginger, garlic, sugar, salt, canola oil, mushroom powder, spices, habanero peppers, and xanthum gum.)   Maybe zucchini noodles or caulirice.  I may try to make a single tiny serving of fried dough for a carb/dessert. (the sauce is only 6 gms of carb, and 80 calories for a 1/4 cup serving, so I can have another carb - besides what's naturally in the veggies).

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tonight will be either egg salad or scrambled eggs with sausage. one will be my lunch and the other for my dinner.

i had some serious gastro upset last night. this is an occasional and recurring thing for me. i've been working on figuring out the cause of it and a solution for it, and my current line of thought is that my gastro system's bad bacteria is winning out over the good bacteria. so i'm making sure i eat yogurt every day without fail, to see if that will keep things happy there for me.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a recipe for a rotisserie-style roast chicken and it's absolutely delicious. I use the leftovers in chicken pie or in any recipe that cooked chicken is needed. The bones and some veggies go into a nice broth that I freeze and use later on for poultry dishes. If anybody is interested, it's here: http://www.thecatsite.com/t/238201/main-dishes-and-entrees-poultry . I don't think you'd be sorry if you tried it. The chicken itself is pictured on our Recipe Exchange.

We didn't have the grilled chicken breasts last night. Til we got home from grocery-shopping, we were both hungry, so we put a store pizza in the oven. I think we'll probably have the chicken tonight.
Why does it have to be cooked on such a low light for so long?

rachelinaz

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Not sure yet. I better think soon... it is sooo hot here. Was 109 last time I checked and reallllly high humidity. Just miserable.

Is ice cream acceptable? Lol

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

That does sound good, especially the "what I do" part.  I love spicy!  Makes me want to try it myself...

Status
Not open for further replies.