What's for dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used canned gravy and canned mushrooms to make it. I just fried the burgers and added the mushrooms and gravy until it was hot.
I only use fresh mushrooms when I cook with them. We don't get tinned stuff unfortunately.

pinkdagger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yum! Nachos are very readily available in Canada too. (relevant: there is also a nacho poutine, lol) Poutine is a French Canadian dish. I make it a point to share it with my non-Canadian friends, especially since it's so easy to make.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When you cook meat, especially in the oven, save the juices/sauces and a little bit of the fat you can skim off the sauce. Put it in a pot, and add a bit of flour or corn starch to thicken it up. It's a bit greasy and not so healthy, but man is it delicious! It's infused with delicious meaty tastes and the spices you used to make whatever meat it was you cooked. Of course, you can add more seasonings to the gravy itself if you find it needs more. Some restaurants make gross gravy - my mom's is awesome.

You can also buy it in powdered form and just add it to boiling water, lol. It comes in cans here too.
You and England etc gryu good stuff we don't get. It's not. Imported probably because of the kosher thing but I don't know why we can't make our own. What we do have tsdtes like soy. Yuk.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chicken breast stuffed with onion, bacon and cream cheese and wrapped in prosciutto. Served with creamy mashed spuds, broccoli and carrots. For dessert warmed brownie with cream and icecream. My Niece is coming to cook with me. It should be fun.
It suddenly dawned on me the other day that I need an apron. One with a cat on it of course ;)

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
You and England etc gryu good stuff we don't get. It's not. Imported probably because of the kosher thing but I don't know why we can't make our own. What we do have tsdtes like soy. Yuk.
Sometimes I don't know what you are trying to say because you don't watch your spelling. To make good gravy without lumps you need to put the flour or cornstarch into COLD water, stir well, a whisk is good for that, then you pour it into whatever hot drippings, juices whatever you have, stir well while it thickens, if it's too thick add more water, if it's too thin keep stirring and wait for the liquid to evaporate. A bit of tart red wine doesn't hurt either if your gravy is supposed to be dark, use white wine if the gravy is supposed to be light. Be easy on the salt so you don't loose the flavor of the drippings, etc. Be sure to scrape the bottom of the pan for all the delicious stuff on the bottom.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometimes I don't know what you are trying to say because you don't watch your spelling. To make good gravy without lumps you need to put the flour or cornstarch into COLD water, stir well, a whisk is good for that, then you pour it into whatever hot drippings, juices whatever you have, stir well while it thickens, if it's too thick add more water, if it's too thin keep stirring and wait for the liquid to evaporate. A bit of tart red wine doesn't hurt either if your gravy is supposed to be dark, use white wine if the gravy is supposed to be light. Be easy on the salt so you don't loose the flavor of the drippings, etc. Be sure to scrape the bottom of the pan for all the delicious stuff on the bottom.
It's my speller. Messes me about if I'm not careful.
I hate my phone. :D
Thank you.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Last night, I took some chili from the freezer. We had chili with Vermont Cornbread.

Today is our Memorial Day picnic, postponed from last week.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had pan fried chicken tenders with beans and asparagus last night. An easy Sunday dinner. Tonight it's a tuna veggie slice.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Whatever leftovers from yesterday we can scrounge up in the fridge.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Grilled salmon. Not sure of the sides yet; Rick is in big charge of dinner tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.