What's for dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had a delicious big salad with chicken, ham, tomatoes, pickles, two kinds of lettuce, celery, shrimp and our choice of dressing. I had Italian dressing and mixed it with ranch. It was tasty! And sunflower seeds for some crunch as we ran out of croutons.

Last edited:

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had a delicious big salad with chicken, ham, tomatoes, pickles, two kinds of lettuce, celery, shrimp and our choice of dressing. I had Italian dressing and mixed it with ranch. It was tasty! And sunflower seeds for some crunch as we ran out of croutons.
Sounds Delicious.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
That does sound good!

Pot roast in the crock pot. Over mashed potatoes.

ETA: Change of plans. I thought Dear Richard took the chuck roast out of the freezer; he thought I did. So now I have chicken breasts (that I quickly thawed in the microwave) in the crock pot with potatoes, mushrooms onion, and carrots, along with one cup of white wine. It should be.....interesting!

Last edited:

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That does sound good!

Pot roast in the crock pot. Over mashed potatoes.

ETA: Change of plans. I thought Dear Richard took the chuck roast out of the freezer; he thought I did. So now I have chicken breasts (that I quickly thawed in the microwave) in the crock pot with potatoes, mushrooms onion, and carrots, along with one cup of white wine. It should be.....interesting! :D  
That sounds yummy. I love food cooked in wine, especially pot roast in red wine. Haven't had it like that in years.

We had shake n bake pork chops with scalloped potatoes, Mac and cheese and fresh bread. Mil made an easy quick dinner tonight.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Well, that chicken and vegetable dish did not turn out well yesterday.....my fault. I think that crock pot cooks a bit faster than what I'm used to from a slow cooker. I figured about six hours, but when I tested the chicken breasts, they were at 190 degrees, way, way overdone. And that was in about 5-1/2 hours on Low. It tasted good, even Rick said that it had a good flavor. But the chicken was dry and chewy and the vegetables were way too done, too. When I use that crock pot, I'm going to have to keep a closer eye on it. Which kind of negates me using it when I'm at work because it would cook way too long, I think. I'll keep using it and checking on it as I go. The meatloaf last week was fine; this week, the chicken....not so much.

Tonight it's probably whatever we can finangle around. Maybe just some soup from the freezer with a couple English muffins. 

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had salad, baked chicken with a cashew cumin sauce, red cabbage and for dessert, 2 homemade Hungarian Nut Rolls.  Yummo.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I'm not sure tonight. I'm leaving at noon from work. A hair appt, followed by some shopping. And Dear Richard already said he's doing some shopping tonight, too, so I'm not even sure when I'll see him. Probably it will be a catch-as-catch-can kind of thing. 

I have a can of tuna in the pantry....maybe I can make some tuna pasta salad and we can munch on that as we find time. (I know....that's a heck of a dinner isn't it? 
)

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
MickNsnicks2mom, I thought of you last night. Red potatoes were on sale two 5-pound bags for $5. I needed red potatoes because I use different potatoes for different things (Russetts for mashed and for baked, red or Yukon Gold for potato salad and for my Delmonico Potato Casserole, etc). So I bought the red potatoes, even though I did just buy Russetts. Looks like we'll be eating a lot of potatoes for a while until I get my stash used up. Which is OK because I love potatoes. 

I'll be making Delmonico potatoes for our Christmas dinner with the kids. But I'm also thinking of potato chowder, maybe some scalloped potatoes, some Hasselbacks, bonepicker's shepherd's pie, etc. 

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Whatever Dear Richard makes for dinner. He's off work; I am not.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
We're celebrating Christmas tonight, so the whole shebang. Mogli is watching the turkey roast in the oven as I type. :)

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

MickNsnicks2mom, I thought of you last night. Red potatoes were on sale two 5-pound bags for $5. I needed red potatoes because I use different potatoes for different things (Russetts for mashed and for baked, red or Yukon Gold for potato salad and for my Delmonico Potato Casserole, etc). So I bought the red potatoes, even though I did just buy Russetts. Looks like we'll be eating a lot of potatoes for a while until I get my stash used up. Which is OK because I love potatoes. 

I'll be making Delmonico potatoes for our Christmas dinner with the kids. But I'm also thinking of potato chowder, maybe some scalloped potatoes, some Hasselbacks, bonepicker's shepherd's pie, etc. 

:eek:) -- @Winchester! this makes me wonder if there's a reason why potatoes are going on sale lately. i love potatoes too, so i'm happy to have mine to work through.

i'm planning on making scalloped potatoes with ham, potato soup with ham, probably a shepherd's pie, and i'm sure potato salad. and lots of dinners of a baked potato.

these potatoes are really helping me right now. i'm in the midst of saving as quickly as i can for the UTV purchase, and i've delayed grocery shopping for a month. i'm just using what i have so i'm able to save the money more quickly. i have the basics that i absolutely must have to get me through the extra month, provided i watch how quickly i use up the eggs i have on hand.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Finally finished the curry. I had a little rice left. A little chicken and a ton of sauce. I added hard boiled eggs. Not bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.