What's for dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I cooked.

i made chicken curry red rice and sweet corn kernels. I had visitors. My sister and her idiot husband. They all loved the curry. It needed more salt and I like it spicier.
Yum. I love curry.

I got a 10lb bag of potatoes last week for 99 cents. Our grocery store sends out special email coupons and one of them was for a bag of potatoes.

keyes

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I usually buy the cheapest roast that I can find.  I use my corning ware container.  I have a huge one.  Roast first, surround by potatoes with peel on, cut into halves or quarters and place skin down.  Next a pound bag of baby carrots on top of that and then a peeled onion or two, cut into halves or quarters for the last layer.  I do a surround with them.  Then I pour water in to about the level of half of the roast.  350 degrees for about 3 hours or until the roast just falls apart when you check it.  Yum!! 

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
A vegetable pizza for dinner tonight. Rick has his Christmas dinner today at work, so he said to keep things low-key tonight for dinner. 

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We are having leftovers. There is gluten free lasagna in the fridge. I will make a salad and do some garlic bread for him.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I usually buy the cheapest roast that I can find.  I use my corning ware container.  I have a huge one.  Roast first, surround by potatoes with peel on, cut into halves or quarters and place skin down.  Next a pound bag of baby carrots on top of that and then a peeled onion or two, cut into halves or quarters for the last layer.  I do a surround with them.  Then I pour water in to about the level of half of the roast.  350 degrees for about 3 hours or until the roast just falls apart when you check it.  Yum!! 

that sounds delicious. I thought you did it in a slow cooker

Last edited by a moderator:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

MickNsnicks2mom, our grocery store just had 5 pound bags of Russett potatoes at Buy One Get One. That still was not as good of a deal as yours. I use Russetts for mashed potatoes and for baked potatoes (I dearly love baked potatoes), so I bought them. The store also had onions in 3-pound bags, Buy One Get One, so I bought those, too. I tend to use a lot of onions.

Steak sandwiches with pickled onions and sauteed peppers and mushrooms for dinner tonight. 
i've never seen a price for 10 lb bags of potatoes as good as what i found this time. it was at aldi's. these were round white potatoes. since i microwave to bake potatoes, the white potatoes work just as well as russets.

i usually buy several 3 lb bags of yellow onions at a time, then chop and freeze them. that way i only have to buy/chop onions 2-3 times each year. i have to wear swim goggles while chopping the onions, because my eyes sting and water so much.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Didn't have the pizza last night. Rick came home from work and said he wasn't hungry for anything.....evidently they had a very good Christmas dinner yesterday at work and he took advantage of it. So I made a sandwich for myself and that was that. I put the dough ball in the freezer.

We need to do some shopping tonight, so I'm thinking dinner will be a slice of mall pizza.

keyes

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Nope, I use the oven.  And if I wanted to I could make gravy from the "juice" in the roaster but again I'm being lazy and so for the potatoes and carrots we just use butter for them instead.  Like i said, for me, it's a one step dinner.  When it's done I take it out of the oven put it on the table and it's time to help yourself.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope, I use the oven.  And if I wanted to I could mgravy from the "juice" in the roaster but again I'm being lazy and so for the potatoes and carrots we just use butter for them instead.  Like i said, for me, it's a one

step dinner.  When it's done I take it out of the oven put it on the table and it's time to help yourself.
sounds right up my street.

keyes

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The leftovers are good heated up also.  I loooove easy meals.

keyes

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Tonight.  Nothing!  Husband is going to go watch the Bison football game and so I'm just gonna snack on whatever!  Easy Peasy!!

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Venison stew. Just put the taters and carrots in the pan. Got the venison perfectly cooked last night. When the veg are almost done, the meat goes back in.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Venison stew. Just put the taters and carrots in the pan. Got the venison perfectly cooked last night. When the veg are almost done, the meat goes back in.
Mmm, that sounds comforting on a cold night.

I think I'm just going to make a vegetable frittata tonight. We're doing shopping and running errands this morning. And I have some things to get done around the house this afternoon. A frittata is easy and it's good. 

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i've got sweet and sour pork cooking in the slow cooker now. a serving of that with some of the rice i cooked this morning will be my dinner. i usually eat my main (heavier) meal at lunch, but today it took a while to get the pork cut into thin slices for the sweet/sour pork so i haven't had an actual lunch -- just snacking on some mini pretzels, and will have some yogurt in a short while.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
BBDOLL22, I'll take your baked ziti and you can have the frittata!

Status
Not open for further replies.