What's for dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We will have the leftovers from last night. Not too much left, but there's enough for dinner today.

Last edited:

nikolova

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Me: roasted vegetables (pumpkin, sweet potato, red papers and french onion) with olive oil and grilled chicken breast.

Alexander: canned food (Ocean Fish) and my chicken bites.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chips avocado and some too sweet cake.

My favourite breakfast would be a full English without the black pudding.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just reorganized my deep freezer, so I have a few options.

Ribs

Cabbage Rolls

Lentil and Sweet Potato Soup

Chili

Whatever it is is going to be done in my pressure cooker.

I'm I think I'm leaning towards the soup for lunches and the chili for dinner tonight and tomorrow night. And freeze the left overs.

I'll likely do the ribs and cabbage rolls tomorrow or Tuesday evening.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I never made the Pasta alla Puttanesca the other day, I wasn't feeling up to it so that was what I cooked tonight.  It came out fantastic - had it with garlic bread.  I always forget how much I love this dish, and it's SO easy to throw together.  Dessert will be the caramel apples we picked up yesterday at the Pet Fair we went to - they had a bake sale there also.

moggymomma

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I made stuffed steak. Sautéd onions, chives, cheese, salt, pepper, Montreal steak spice, BBQ sauce and butter together in a pan. Then stuffed the steak with it and fried the steak in onions and BBQ sauce. Made rice in homemade sauce and veggies on the side.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm not sure. Aaron has someone in from out of town at work for the next three days and he doesn't know if he will be doing dinner out with him or not. I'm a bit up in the air until I know.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Something warm. I'm thinking of vegetable soup.

kookycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rotisserie chicken from Costco (yay - no cooking) with a salad and maybe some frozen veggies. Easy meal --- I LOVE easy!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm not sure. Aaron has someone in from out of town at work for the next three days and he doesn't know if he will be doing dinner out with him or not. I'm a bit up in the air until I know.
It was just me and I ended up getting a salad from Mc Donalds. I think it is just me again tonight and again I'm not sure.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We didn't have the vegetable soup last night. We ended up at the mall (a 40% off sale at one of my favorite stores) before we went for groceries and Rick wanted a slice of pizza for dinner. So we each had a slice of hoagie pizza....it's become one of our favorite kinds of pizza and I even make it at home now, too. It has lettuce, onion, tomato, and just a few small pieces of ham. No sauce, just a light sprinkling of parmesan.

So tonight, we are having vegetable soup.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We didn't have the vegetable soup last night. We ended up at the mall (a 40% off sale at one of my favorite stores) before we went for groceries and Rick wanted a slice of pizza for dinner. So we each had a slice of hoagie pizza....it's become one of our favorite kinds of pizza and I even make it at home now, too. It has lettuce, onion, tomato, and just a few small pieces of ham. No sauce, just a light sprinkling of parmesan.

So tonight, we are having vegetable soup.
I thought about your vegetable soup all day yesterday. I love soup when the weather gets chilly like it is now.

Tonight I am not sure what we will have. I definitely have to cook as we ate all the leftovers last night. I am thinking maybe some pork chops, spaghetti squash and a green vegetable.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Chili!  Just a quick pot kind.  I did 2lb of beef (the beginning of what was I thinking) and then accidentally added one of the extra large cans of sauce when I meant to add some whole tomatoes that need using up.  I added light red kidney and pinto beans, a can of corn and get this...a package of jiffy muffin mix.  It thickened it right up to a nice creamy consistancy and the flavor is great!!  My kids ate it right up!  Go me!  Oh!  I also added some gluten free pasta to it.  Not a lot; just maybe 1/3 of a box for that whole pot.  Yum!

The jiffy mix might not be new to some people.  I saw in one of my cookbooks today to add 1/4 cup of cornmeal.  I was going to do that but apparently I'm out.  The jiffy mix was about to expire.  Problem solved.  I'm really suprised!

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I had to provide the meat for a meal to a lady in our Bible study group who had surgery, so we had rotisserie chicken, some leftover mashed potatoes from a couple of nights ago, and green beans.

Status
Not open for further replies.