What's for dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm just referring to a large pot.  I don't know where I picked up calling them kettles honestly.  That would really be something odd to stick in a tea kettle.  And hard to clean! :lol3:   I wonder if I picked it up from an older person.  I think it's always been larger metal pots that I've heard of called kettles.  Like ones for over a fire or on the stove.  

Tonight is leftover night here.  Chili and a salad again I guess.  I'm not hungry yet so I've started with a nice mug of raspberry hot chocolate as an appetizer. :yummy:
Raspberry hot chocolate? Sounds yummy

smitten4kittens

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love curry! I wish I knew how to make it.
The best curry I ever had was  a recipe I got from this thread! I'm still trying to find it again. I think it was called Thai peanut chicken or something like that. It was delicious and I'm going to make it as soon as I can find the recipe again. It had chicken, red peppers, broccoli, other goodies and a spicy peanut sauce. If anyone thinks they know it, let us know.

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The best curry I ever had was  a recipe I got from this thread! I'm still trying to find it again. I think it was called Thai peanut chicken or something like that. It was delicious and I'm going to make it as soon as I can find the recipe again. It had chicken, red peppers, broccoli, other goodies and a spicy peanut sauce. If anyone thinks they know it, let us know.
Yes, PM me if necessary! I want it!

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The best curry I ever had was  a recipe I got from this thread! I'm still trying to find it again. I think it was called Thai peanut chicken or something like that. It was delicious and
I'm going to make it as soon as I can find
the recipe again. It had chicken, red peppers, broccoli, other goodies and a spicy peanut sauce. If anyone thinks they know it, let us know.
Just Google it. Write what you wrote here and it'll probably give it to you plus more.
I cut breast of chicken into pieces. I use plenty of spices and Thai green curry. I put oil in a saucepan. When it's hot I add the spices and fry them then add however much of the Thai curry I want and mix it well with the spices. I then add the chicken pieces and fry till wrll coated and white. Then I add coconut milk bring it to the boil and then simmer covered. That's mine.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Tonight I made pan seared salmon with herbed olive oil and a Parmesan finishing butter.  Had white rice and roasted butternut squash with red onions on the side.  Neither of us a big squash eaters but when I was out grocery shopping they made some in the store to taste and I really liked it.  Thankfully, he did too.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I love curry! I wish I knew how to make it.
smitten4kittens smitten4kittens . You're welcome. ;)

http://www.thecatsite.com/t/240193/whats-for-dinner/990#post_3342307

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Tonight I made pan seared salmon with herbed olive oil and a Parmesan finishing butter.  Had white rice and roasted butternut squash with red onions on the side.  Neither of us a big squash eaters but when I was out grocery shopping they made some in the store to taste and I really liked it.  Thankfully, he did too.
My husband would have been all over that! He loves salmon, but I don't. I make it for him occasionally, but not as often as he'd like.

I had one slice of homemade pizza and an arugula salad.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My husband would have been all over that! He loves salmon, but I don't. I make it for him occasionally, but not as often as he'd like.

I had one slice of homemade pizza and an arugula salad.
Yours sounds good to me also.  I adore arugula!

Tonight I made rotini pasta with Parmesan cream sauce and broccoli florets.  Small servings 

Last edited:

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm exhausted so I'm doing something totally lazy but actually kind of tasty: cut up some red potatoes and slice some onion, drown in Kraft Zesty Italian dressing, and bake for a bit. I slice half an onion and add to it since I love onions.

Status
Not open for further replies.