What's for dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I still have a few salad fixings in the fridge that I am trying to use up, so a salad, and I pulled a few pieces of pizza out of the freezer.

djoe

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Season ssaladand vegi brown spaghetti, a vegan chocolate cake for desert. (I made it today to celebrate my niece's firat day at school)

Nice idea for a thread. ..it was the toughest question everyday!but now I'm temporarily staying with my family so I let my mom do the thinking.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I made Balsamic-glazed, oven roasted pork chops with celery, carrots, onion, and apple. (Gluten-Free)

Looks great! 

Not sure about tonight. We have to run errands, so we may pick up a small sub at Subway, something like that.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
My father-in-law is down to visit to help us with home improvements this weekend!  I made him my slow-cooked beef in the Crock-Pot, mashed potatoes, roasted Brussels sprouts, corn, peas, and apple pie, from scratch. And yes, I cheated on my diet by having a slice, with vanilla ice cream (just a little ice cream). I didn't eat much at all for dinner, nor lunch, so I could fit the calories in.

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Your dinner sounds wonderful!

It's just me today....Rick left for the drag races and won't be back til late tonight. I'm going to be cleaning the house and doing some cooking, so my dinner (such as it will be) will consist of tasting as I cook. That's pretty much it.

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I made another pot roast, even better than the last one! I used the 4 packet recipe (brown gravy, ranch, Italian, and onion soup mix) and added some burgundy cooking wine to it. The addition of the onion soup mix really made a difference I think.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you peaches. A friend of mine has given me a recipe for chicken and veggies in a cookie bag with all sorts of seasonings. She said it's delicious an it's her d.in laws recipe. Anybody interested?

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Today is my MIL's birthday and we're having dinner here for her. Having a early dinner at 1:00.

The finished menu is:

Atlanta Brisket

Potato Casserole with Bacon and Caramelized Onions (changed from the salt and vinegar potatoes I was originally going to serve.....Rick's dad doesn't like vinegar)

Roasted Butternut Squash with Carrots and Parsnips (my version of a Barefoot Contessa recipe called Roasted Winter Vegetables)

Confetti Broccoli Coleslaw

Garlic Parmesan Rolls 

Dessert is a two-layer cake: Hershey's Perfectly Chocolate Chocolate Cake frosted with Hershey's Perfectly Chocolate Chocolate Frosting. Decorated with chocolate peanut butter truffles and sprinkled with toffee bits. 

Got a new-to-us blush wine from a local winery yesterday. I hope it's good. I should serve red wine with the brisket, but I like blush-type wines more

Made the truffles last night (it's too warm to make truffles, by the way!....talk about chocolate hands!!! Ick!) Made the garlic parmesan rolls yesterday, too. Put some in the freezer and saved some for today.

Salted the brisket last night and will start to brown it soon....it needs to roast in the oven for a little over 4 hours

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
That sounds delicious, Pam!

DH is working late shift today, so we had dinner at noon: stuffed cabbage, home fries and green beans. I made enough for tomorrow's dinner, too.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
After three days of nothing but juice and yoghurt (virus) tonight I made a three egg omelette (free range, organic) with an exquisite soft marinated goat's cheese, a touch of fresh parsley and harissa spices.

And I really, really, really enjoyed it...

dejolane

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
monday  is my colonoscopy so I'm on clear liquids today so my husband has to defend for himself tonight for dinner. If I smell food I might just dig in and mess up the test.

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
monday  is my colonoscopy so I'm on clear liquids today so my husband has to defend for himself tonight for dinner. If I smell food I might just dig in and mess up the test.
Getting different types of boullion cubes helped me get through the day before. My favorite was the beefones but ham helped break the boredom too.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tonight I made Annie's Gluten Free Mac & Cheese for dinner. We had to go out and order a new stove/oven because ours keeps malfunctioning, so I kept it easy tonight!

Status
Not open for further replies.