What's for dinner? - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I love beef stew, but rarely have it. :yummy:

I have a turkey tenderloin thawing that I need to marinate in something. I've got Brussels sprouts and asparagus to go along with it.

Last edited:

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love beef stew, but rarely have it. :yummy:

I have a turkey tenderloin thawing that I need to marinate in something. I've got Brussels sprouts and asparagus to go along with it.
That sounds so good. I never had turkey during Christmas so I think I might like to cook a breast or something myself.

For our meal tonight, I have part of a lemon pepper rotisserie chicken from Wal Mart. I want some mashed potatoes with it, and maybe some green butter beans from my freezer.

eck1kaylie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Chicken with rice, topped with the leftover soupy inside of a chicken pot pie :)
Ruby had her first taste of raw chicken tonight! Gobbled it right up and begged for more ^-^

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I think a shrimp stir fry. I have some stir fry sauce that is going to expire at the end of this month.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Our beef stew was good last night....and there were no leftovers. Rick finished it up.

I think tonight we shall have Ham and Potato Soup (allrecipes,com) It makes 4 servings, each serving is 467 calories. But I don't need to use the heavy cream called for in the recipe and I can saute my vegetables (onion, carrot, celery) in chicken broth instead of butter. (I often sub nonfat evaporated milk for heavy cream) That will cut it down quite a bit. And some Oatmeal Apple Raisin Muffins to go with. 

It's really cold here and the local weatherweenies are calling for snow showers today and light snow through the night. Soup is wonderful for warming up our innards on a night like this. 

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Our beef stew was good last night....and there were no leftovers. Rick finished it up.

I think tonight we shall have Ham and Potato Soup (allrecipes,com) It makes 4 servings, each serving is 467 calories. But I don't need to use the heavy cream called for in the recipe and I can saute my vegetables (onion, carrot, celery) in chicken broth instead of butter. (I often sub nonfat evaporated milk for heavy cream) That will cut it down quite a bit. And some Oatmeal Apple Raisin Muffins to go with. 

It's really cold here and the local weatherweenies are calling for snow showers today and light snow through the night. Soup is wonderful for warming up our innards on a night like this. :nod:
What time is supper.:lol3:

I want some beef of some kind tonight. I think I have some round steak in the freezer. If so, it will be served with gluten free gravy and the mashed potatoes left over from last night. I probably will cook some green butter beans from my freezer to go with it. I wanted the beans last night, but time ran out so didn't get them.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have a leftover burrito from Taco Bell that I need to eat. Bean with no cheese, add black beans, rice and guacamole. Really good. I think I'll make some butternut squash to go with

dennis47

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
French bread pepperoni pizza curly fries, corn on the cob, and for dessert, cherry pie ala mode with rocky road ice cream. Since I'm a bachelor, I will cook a bunch of it up, then snack on it for the next week or so.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
either a ham and cheese sandwich, a bagel, or squash soup.

I went to the store for supplies for chicken soup. I am planning on making that tomorrow. I am too tired to do that right now. I am fighting a cold, so chicken soup sound good...

bbdoll22

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Store bought chicken cordon blue, I think I'll make baby roasted taters and definitely peas.
I'm tired today.

fyllis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
YUK!  I made a garlic hamburger with cheese, lettuce and tomato. I feel bloated and wish I had opted for something 'light'.  A cup of chicken broth would have worked!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I made up a new recipe yesterday for a tomato artichoke and lentil stew for tonight. I had planned on adding meat to it. Now what I think I'm going to do is bake some chicken breasts with the stew over it and serve it with a salad.

Status
Not open for further replies.