What's for dinner? - 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Took a marinated pork tenderloin out of the freezer for grilling tonight. Not sure what we are having with the pork, but I'll think of something.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Whole wheat pasta with ground pork, peppers, onions, tomatoes....or something similar. Haven't completely decided yet.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went out to eat. It was a business lunch which allowed two starters and the main meal.
I had a beetroot salad with yoghurt and I green of the spring onion. Very nice. I then had hot peppers grilled and I nearly blew my head off. Then I had grilled chicken breast and mashed potatoes.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I'm thinking Boca burgers on the grill with a veggie salad to go with. 

The zucchini is coming in! Took three from the garden yesterday. So while Rick was grilling the pork tenderloin last night for dinner, I sliced up a nice zucchini and brushed it with balsamic vinegar. He grilled the slices, too. I love zucchini, but I think we're going to go on zucchini overload here in a week or so.  Followed by (or in conjunction with) yellow squash. There's a ton of them, too.

Last edited:

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm thinking Boca burgers on the grill with a veggie salad to go with. 

The zucchini is coming in! Took three from the garden yesterday. So while Rick was grilling the pork tenderloin last night for dinner, I sliced up a nice zucchini and brushed it with balsamic vinegar. He grilled the slices, too. I love zucchini, but I think we're going to go on zucchini overload here in a week or so.  Followed by (or in conjunction with) yellow squash. There's a ton of them, too.
Mmmm, I love zucchini. I bought some at the market last weekend.

I'm making pork chops tonight. I'm not sure what we are having with it yet, we might walk to the store to get some broccoli or something.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fish in a cream and wine sauce on top of green beans and spinach with a few shrimps and gnocchi. Very nice.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
You can have some of ours, Mrs. B. We're going to have a bountiful crop, I think. I need to go up tonight and pick.

I took a pound of ground beef out of the freezer. Rick is hungry for some sloppy joes. While I'm making them tonight, he'll be grilling.....what else?.....zucchini spears! So that's our dinner. Some combination, eh? But they need to be used up.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
If Aaron doesn't have a huge urge to go out to eat (for some reason I have a feeling he may) we'll be having chicken and vegetables in green curry.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night's supper was grilled breast of chicken, mashed potatoes and a large avocado.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We are going to try the spiralizer with zucchini and summer squash tonight. With a vegetarian pasta sauce. Much to Rick's dismay.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We are going to try the spiralizer with zucchini and summer squash tonight. With a vegetarian pasta sauce. Much to Rick's dismay.
I want to try this.

I have no idea what's for dinner tonight. We are going to visit my husband's grandma in hospice today and I am not sure if we will come home for dinner or not.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Coleslaw sounds so good right now.

I had a chicken teriyaki burger. It had a slice of pineapple on it, it was yummy. We weren't home so we had to get something but I chose a healthier option than a regular hamburger and fries. I didn't have a side with it, just the sandwich.

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just got home from a 12 hour shift, and stopped to buy some chicken salad for a sandwich - on baguette, pickle, cheese, onion and lettuce.  (however, I just got into some ice cream)!

Status
Not open for further replies.