What's for dinner? - 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Garlic shrimp with black beans and rice. I'll save couple of shrimp plain for the furkids.

parsleysage

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Canned Brunswick stew (Mrs. Fearnow's) with garlic-buttered bread. One of our favorite go-tos when I don't feel like cooking.

pinkdagger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A group sized plate of nachos with old white cheddar, ground pork with an egg scrambled in, mixed vegetables, and hot salsa. In hindsight, it's one of those things you look at and think "no one could eat this alone".

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
if i make it up to after 8pm, i'll try to make a baked (microwaved) potato with margarine and salt/pepper. otherwise, i'll see what i can rustle up during the overnight when i'm up adding more wood to the wood stove.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Homemade speghetti sauce with sausages and some bow-tie pasta!!  

YUM!

I did a good job on the sauce, if I say so!! LOL

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A group sized plate of nachos with old white cheddar, ground pork with an egg scrambled in, mixed vegetables, and hot salsa. In hindsight, it's one of those things you look at and think "no one could eat this alone". :anon:

but did you?

parsleysage

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Going out to eat at a local BBQ joint. Cornbread muffins with honey butter, and buffalo wings with ranch! I have a weekly weigh-in Monday nights so if we go out I like it to be Monday nights after my meeting haha, to give me a chance to burn off the bad stuff during the week 

parsleysage

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I'm gonna make apricot chicken again (talked about it several pages back) but with drumsticks this time. If not... we'll probably just do smoothies. We do berries, yogurt, flaxseed, and honey.

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hmmm last night was a free for all!!!.. My BF had a stomach virus for the last few days and didn't want anything. We ate what we could find early.

Later I cooked mac n cheese and fried bologna and he ate a little of that. He's feeling much better this morning.

Supper is his choice tonight since he got paid yesterday, so I don't have a clue what he will want. The good thing is he is an awesome cook.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Last night the furkids and I shared a steak. I had some salad with it. Who knows what tonight's dinner will be. I have a bone in chicken breast in the freezer that I can roast. The babies love roast chicken. I can heat up some frozen veggies or something to go with. I also have some small red potatoes I need to use up. I think a baked potato with butter/salt/pepper would be good with it. 

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We are having a large rectangular meatball as my husband calls it (aka meatloaf). Our daughter calls it meatballs so now that's what he calls it.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I was home from work today, so I made a Dutch oven of beef stew and made some bread pudding for dessert.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Not sure about tonight. We do have some beef stew leftover from last night. Rick is bowling early. I'm thinking of making some popovers or maybe some biscuits and serving the beef stew over the biscuits. I know that I shouldn't serve the same thing twice in a row, but I have other things I have to do tonight and dinner needs to be quick. Rick really likes both popovers and baking powder biscuits, so that might work. And I know he'd never say anything about having leftovers. I could always put the stew into a pie, too. And serve with a bit of salad.

Status
Not open for further replies.