What's for dinner? - 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We were supposed to go to the burrito place for a free dinner tonight but my 2 year old was up sick all night so I cancelled it. I have no idea what we will have.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's a lot better, thanks for asking. She was pretty tired and had a long nap, a bubble bath and an early bed and seems to be feeling much better.

We ended up having spaghetti.
I'm glad she's okay. Poor little aimee.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i'll be roasting a turkey, so i'm thinking i'll have a hot open-faced turkey sandwich for dinner -- which is a slice of toasted bread with sliced turkey laid over it, then some hot gravy poured over it.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

today i'll be roasting a turkey, so i'm thinking i'll have a hot open-faced turkey sandwich for dinner -- which is a slice of toasted bread with sliced turkey laid over it, then some hot gravy poured over it.
Yum. I love sandwiches like that. I love to use up leftover meatloaf and roast beef like that too. 

I ordered a new grill that is arriving today. 

Since I do my grocery shopping on Friday night, I will pick up a rib eye at my local grocery store since they are on sale and what better way to break in a new grill?? The furkids and I will share it. Sophie doesn't usually come looking for people food like her sister Lilith does but she will for steak. She likes it so much that she drools when she's waiting for me to cut her a piece. 

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Yum. I love sandwiches like that. I love to use up leftover meatloaf and roast beef like that too. 

I ordered a new grill that is arriving today. 

Since I do my grocery shopping on Friday night, I will pick up a rib eye at my local grocery store since they are on sale and what better way to break in a new grill?? The furkids and I will share it. Sophie doesn't usually come looking for people food like her sister Lilith does but she will for steak. She likes it so much that she drools when she's waiting for me to cut her a piece. 
sandwiches like that are just really simple things to make, but are so very delicious. when i make meatloaf, my favorite way to eat it is as meatloaf sandwiches. in fact, many times i'll bake a meatloaf and set it in the fridge overnight, then use it just for cold meatloaf sandwiches.

my favorite way to eat leftover roast beef is on small/dinner rolls with crumbled or thinly sliced gorgonzola cheese on it.

congratulations on your new grill arriving! very exciting! 

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

sandwiches like that are just really simple things to make, but are so very delicious. when i make meatloaf, my favorite way to eat it is as meatloaf sandwiches. in fact, many times i'll bake a meatloaf and set it in the fridge overnight, then use it just for cold meatloaf sandwiches.

my favorite way to eat leftover roast beef is on small/dinner rolls with crumbled or thinly sliced gorgonzola cheese on it.

congratulations on your new grill arriving! very exciting! 
Thanks. I'm excited to have it set up. I'm going back to charcoal after having a gas grill for many years. 

I love gorgonzola. I like to take roast beef and make a sandwich out of leftover garlic bread and some sharp provolone and grill it like a panini. Meatloaf is good like that also with roasted red peppers and pepper jack or cheddar, too. 

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks. I'm excited to have it set up. I'm going back to charcoal after having a gas grill for many years. 

I love gorgonzola. I like to take roast beef and make a sandwich out of leftover garlic bread and some sharp provolone and grill it like a panini. Meatloaf is good like that also with roasted red peppers and pepper jack or cheddar, too. 
Oh! And here's me with my hard boiled egg.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've got an upset tummy so I had two slices of toast with sliced hard boiled egg.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We are doing burgers (on the grill!
) with baked beans and corn on the cob. The corn is the last from the freezer from last year's garden. And I made a pan of chocolate brownies this morning for dessert.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
kielbasa, mashed potatoes and pickled beets....

real comfort food....for me, at least

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pizza. One was BBQ chicken and the other was Italian Supreme. Both frozen and baked I liked the BBQ chicken more than the supreme.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I think meatloaf tonight (Oh, sorry....I mean, a large rectangular meatball   
 ) With the rest of the corn on the cob from dinner last night. And a small salad. 

Status
Not open for further replies.