What's for dinner? - 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I order pizza tonight. Roasted red peppers and mushrooms....not feeling like onions today..

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Roasted salmon fillets. Maybe baked potatoes with it. Not sure what to do about a veggie.  I'm on a soft diet for a few days (dental surgery) and everything I have here might be too difficult to chew.  

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Stewie,

I really hesitate to use Pam. I rarely use it. I was lazy and did not feel like getting out the brush for the olive oil on the pan and chicken...LOL  

I do not like to use Pam on my cookware. It leaves a sticky coating, even after washing. Imagine what it does to us!

I was not aware it was used by biologists...it does smell wonky....
I meant food bloggists use it and it always surprised me. I don't even have it in the house to be honest. I had. I used. I smelt. I chucked.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Boneless chicken thighs with potatoes, green beans and spinach. Very spicy and tasty.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Stir fry of shrimp with broccoli, asparagus, red pepper, onion, and mushrooms over thin noodles. Soy sauce and toasted sesame oil to season.

He had - what else? - homemade chocolate chip cookies for dessert. I had a piece of fruit.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We are having pork chops with the leftover butternut squash that we didn't use on our pasta last night. And probably some green beans.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We haven't been able to find an element that fits our oven yet. I don't know what to make that doesn't use the oven.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night we had cajun catfish and a small caesar salad.

Tonight is chicken, not sure how we'll season it yet, green beans, and cucumber-feta salad.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Mrs. B....any kind of soup or stew can be done on the stove top. We had some posts about goulash not too long ago; that sounds pretty good right now. Pan-fry some chicken or pork chops. Spaghetti and sauce. How about omelets?

Hope you can find an element for your oven soon. 

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mrs. B....any kind of soup or stew can be done on the stove top. We had some posts about goulash not too long ago; that sounds pretty good right now. Pan-fry some chicken or pork chops. Spaghetti and sauce. How about omelets?

Hope you can find an element for your oven soon. 
I don't have the veggies for a soup or stew right now. I have a ton of spaghetti sauce made already but it's frozen, plus we had pasta last night. I have lots of chicken in the freezer so I will have to find something I can make with it.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe think about getting a nice toaster oven? Always handy to have around. In the summer when I don't want to want to heat the house up by using the oven I move the toaster oven out on the deck, same with our crockpot.

Edited to add that I've made small individual pot pies in our smallish toaster oven. Very yummy and I don't have to heat up the oven in my 36 inch range for just 2 little things.

Last edited:

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Maybe think about getting a nice toaster oven? Always handy to have around. In the summer when I don't want to want to heat the house up by using the oven I move the toaster oven out on the deck, same with our crockpot.

Edited to add that I've made small individual pot pies in our smallish toaster oven. Very yummy and I don't have to heat up the oven in my 36 inch range for just 2 little things.
I LOVE using a toaster oven. There are only 3 of us in my house and it wastes so much gas to turn the oven on for just a few biscuits or bread...cakes....whatever.

The toaster ovens now are awesome. I found one that has a rotisserie and a grill on the top. HA I may never use my stove or oven again.... 

I also use a crock pot a lot too. It does all the work while you are at work and you have a complete meal when you get home. How easy is that?? 

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We haven't been able to find an element that fits our oven yet. I don't know what to make that doesn't use the oven.
There's tons of things you can make on top of the stove. Spaghetti sauces, stews, curries, fried chicken, steaks, fried fish, sausages - hot dogs with all the trimmings. Stuff in your slow cooker. Don't depend on your oven.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had some left over mashed potatoes. I heated them up, fried some eggs and plonked them on top of the potatoes, an avocado and some lovely cherry tomatoes. Jolly tasty.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There's tons of things you can make on top of the stove. Spaghetti sauces, stews, curries, fried chicken, steaks, fried fish, sausages - hot dogs with all the trimmings. Stuff in your slow cooker. Don't depend on your oven.
I made and froze a bunch of meals for the week so I didn't have ingredients for much else. I have some meat but nothing to go with it.

We ended up just grabbing Arbys. We went into the city because we needed new bed sheets. Our new bed is too big for the ones we had.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@catlover19
What are Arby's?
What sort of sheets did you buy for your lovely new big bed?

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@catlover19
What are Arby's?
What sort of sheets did you buy for your lovely new big bed?
Arbys is a fast food restaurant...mostly roast beef on a bun. We just bought normal grey sheets to match our bedding set. They were fairly cheap but from the few minutes I've laid on them, they are very soft. Too bad baby has other plans and isn't letting me test them out.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Arbys is a fast food restaurant...mostly roast beef on a bun. We just bought normal grey sheets to match our bedding set. They were fairly cheap but from the few minutes I've laid on them, they are very soft. Too bad baby has other plans
and isn't letting me test them out.
How is the baby and Aimee? How is she with the baby?
My granddaughter is standing. She's 10 months old.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.