What's for dinner? - 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I had some left over mashed potatoes. I heated them up, fried some eggs and plonked them on top of the potatoes, an avocado and some lovely cherry tomatoes. Jolly tasty.
I love to experiment, trying different things together, you never know how good (or bad LOL) it will be until you try it.

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm not sure what is on tonight's menu.

We had Hamburger Helper the last two nights so that's out. I can't handle it a third night.

If the weather turns cold like they are saying, I may make what I call Camp Soup. It's a big hit around my house on cold nights.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Meatball subs. Rick is bowling early tonight, so I need a quick dinner. 

He told me he wanted meatball subs and I said, "But we just had them not too long ago!" And his response, "What's your point? I like meatball subs." 

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Meatball subs. Rick is bowling early tonight, so I need a quick dinner. 

He told me he wanted meatball subs and I said, "But we just had them not too long ago!" And his response, "What's your point? I like meatball subs." 
Oh that sounds good. I love meatball subs too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Meatball subs sound really good! :nod:

We're having turkey kielbasa with sauerkraut.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester- meatball subs sounds soo good!

I am not sure about tonight. A choice of leftover pizza or leftovers from a chicken caesar salad from yesterday.

What I have left from the pizza will be wrapped and put in the freezer for future use..

another  lazy day; shoulder is really aching me~~weather related...

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No dinner last night :( BF didnt get home until after 9pm and by the time we started talking food, it was 10pm and neither of us wanted to cook, and I didn't want to go out and be out late.

Tonight we might have buffalo chicken caesar salad :)

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Oh, Karen, I just love sauerkraut! 

Our subs were good last night. 
 I put everything in the crock pot yesterday morning before we left, so all we had to do was toast the buns a bit, throw the stuff in, top with cheese, and broil. Yum. 

Tonight may be a from-the-freezer night. I'm thinking about making the rest of ravioli from the freezer with a bit of pasta sauce.

Last edited:

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We are going to have meatball subs after all the talk about them. I will make the meatballs and then let them sit in tomato sauce for a bit. Top it with shredded cheddar and if I have time, I will saute some peppers and onions for them.

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I cooked my Camp Soup last night, but not sure if we will have left overs or if I will get something else. It's Friday and we like to do easy so it may be leftover soup or order pizza.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Cabbage/Kielbasa Soup. This is an experiment. I sautéed in butter one package of coleslaw mix with carrots, one half onion, one cup sliced celery. Then I put it in one quart of chicken stock along with two unpeeled apples. I sliced the kielbsa into about one inch round slices. It is simmering on the stove now. I am hoping it will be delicious. Sometimes I just use what I have on hand and it turns out okay. :nod:

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cabbage/Kielbasa Soup. This is an experiment. I sautéed in butter one package of coleslaw mix with carrots, one half onion, one cup sliced celery. Then I put it in one quart of chicken stock along with two unpeeled apples. I sliced the kielbsa into about one inch round slices. It is simmering on the stove now. I am hoping it will be delicious. Sometimes I just use what I have on hand and it turns out okay. :nod:
That sounds really good. Our meatball subs were good. We had loaded potato soup with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.