What's Everyone Reading??

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by katl8e

I finished that, last month. Not going to give it away but, I was disappointed with the ending.
Really? We'll have a chat when I finish it and I'll let you know what I think. I've formed opinions already, but wait to see whether they're borne out.

huggles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by hissy

Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz- eerie book~~~ He is the Master!
oh I love Dean Koontz - my DH is an avid fan of his as well and has the whole collection - is that an old one or a new one?

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by huggles

oh I love Dean Koontz - my DH is an avid fan of his as well and has the whole collection - is that an old one or a new one?
Odd Thomas is a recent one - I read it a few months ago. I think that I read that someone is making a movie of it.

Speaking of movies from books: Stephen King has a production company shooting a miniseries of Desperation, here in Tucson. For the past week-and-a-half, its been snarling up downtown traffic and pumping $6 million into Tucson's economy.

batgirl2good

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Three Wishes -- a novel bout a woman who has a near death experience and is granted three wishes before she dies again for real

batgirl2good

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
An Accidental Woman -- about a woman who has been living a lie and who is arrested for a murder she committed years ago; she is arrested in the middle of the night (this is at the beginning of the book) and the man she has been living with and the children she has had with him have to deal with it

lisalee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The Feline Mystique by Clea Simon on the mysterious connection between women and cats. Great book!

graykittenlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm finally done with school yippee!!! I finally have time to start reading again and break into all the books I have laying around the house that I haven't had time to start reading yet. I'm planning on starting Wicked by Gregory McGuire (I thinks that's his name) tonight.

That all being said, the last book I read was Big Russ and Me: Fathers and Son and Lessons of Life by Tim Russert which was assigned in my last class. I have to say I really enjoyed the book. Being as family oriented as I am I love it when people write nice things about their parents. I will be passing this book onto my Mother and Father.

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by batgirl2good

An Accidental Woman -- about a woman who has been living a lie and who is arrested for a murder she committed years ago; she is arrested in the middle of the night (this is at the beginning of the book) and the man she has been living with and the children she has had with him have to deal with it
I read that - good read.

BTW: Amazon.com is now acepting pre-orders, for the next Harry Potter. I got the e-mail today and signed right up. It will be released June 16, 2005.

gargoyle

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Almost done with "The Knight of Maison-Rouge: A Novel of Marie Antoinette" by Alexandre Dumas. The more formal tone and language was a bit jarring at first but I am finding it an enjoyable book.

I forget what else is in the stack next to my bed, as I have not had much time to read lately. But! I have vacation hours to burn (use it or lose it), so I'm off through the beginning of the new year
Should get some reading done over the next week

rita

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got 2 books today and looking forward to reading them
I have seen posts in here about those books before and they seemed to be well liked w

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Eek... I got "The 5 People You Meet in Heaven" for Christmas from my lovely boyfriend (well, I picked it out so he's not a complete genius) and I'm addicted... just had to share!

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rita

I got 2 books today and looking forward to reading them
I have seen posts in here about those books before and they seemed to be well liked w
Her latest "The Cat Who Went Bananas" is due out on Thursday. I already have my reserve in, at the library.

I just finished Maureen O'Hara's memoir "'Tis Herself". She's still going strong, at 84 and working when she feels like it.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by katl8e

BTW: Amazon.com is now acepting pre-orders, for the next Harry Potter. I got the e-mail today and signed right up. It will be released June 16, 2005.
I can't wait!
I've just read one fiction: "The Big Bad Wolf", which is part of James Patterson's "Alex Cross" series. I'm not so sure I like the fact that the main character is now with the FBI rather than the D.C. police, but the story was good. This afternoon I read a true crime book entitled "Blood Stains", by Patricia Springer. It's about a Texn, Ricky McGinn, who murdered his step-daughter in 1993, and was executed in 2000. He was also suspected of killing two other young women, and DNA testing proved that he raped and killed at least one of them. The author did a good job of also presenting his family's reactions.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tricia,
Do you by your english books from a big store in stuttgart? or do you come to the main place in frankfurt to get yours?
i have a hard time looking for books here.. this is why i rarely read.
The library here doesnt provide interesting ones :S and the place im moving ot i dont think it even has a library!! Its soo booboo when i cant order online

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by pinkdaisy226

Eek... I got "The 5 People You Meet in Heaven" for Christmas from my lovely boyfriend (well, I picked it out so he's not a complete genius) and I'm addicted... just had to share!
I've heard this is a great book, Ari, and am glad to hear you're enjoying it also! Believe it needs to go on my must read list!