What's Everyone Reading??

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by yayi

DaVinci Code by Dan Brown.
Excellent book. I read it before I was aware there was one that came before it -- which I am now reading
"Angels and Demons". Very much in the same vein -- if I wanted to be unkind I'd say formula writing -- but nevertheless a good story that grabs you from the first page and doesn't let go.

That's on my Palm, and goes with me everywhere. I usually also have something on the go in hard copy, and am just about to start "The Second Summoning" by Tanya Huff. It's the second in a series of I'm not sure how many -- fantasy/suspense -- and one of the characters is a feline curmudgeon who talks. He's a tuxedo and his name is Austin. Definitely looking forward to that. BTW for the Canadians, the first one, "Summon the Keeper" was set in Kingston, Ontario. I wonder where the Keeper will be summoned in this one.

prissykitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm currently reading "Dead Horses" by Pat Hewitt. Horse racing mystery by someone other than Dick Francis

After that I have decided I am going to go back and re-read the entire Little House on the Prarie series. It's been at least 5 years since I read them last

jeeperscat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
'Equal Rites' by Terry Pratchett. I've just read 'The colour of magic' and 'the light fantastic'. I've never been into Terry Pratchett but I ran out of stuff to read and my boyfriend has all but one of them so I'm reading them in order. So far I'm really enjoying them.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by PrissyKitty

I'm currently reading "Dead Horses" by Pat Hewitt. Horse racing mystery by someone other than Dick Francis

After that I have decided I am going to go back and re-read the entire Little House on the Prarie series. It's been at least 5 years since I read them last
I love Dick Francis's books! I have a couple of bookshelves' worth of his mysteries. Definitely "keepers", and not "throwaways".

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

I love Dick Francis's books! I have a couple of bookshelves' worth of his mysteries. Definitely "keepers", and not "throwaways".
I'll second that!! I have them all. I've read them all, probably three times, and it's almost time for another fix. (Hmm...vacation's coming...) Definitely good stuff.

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just finished "Angels and Demons", yesterday. Good read!

Last night, I started "Rewriting History", Dick Morris' deconstruction of Hillary Clinton's "Living History".

I didn't know that "Song of Susannah" was out already. I'll have to put a hold on it, at the library.

In addition, I'm working my way back through the "Cat Who......" series, one book a week.

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm reading The Cat who came for Chirstmas. Is that the series you're talking about Cindy? They are by Cleveland Amory. I got this huge book from Barnes and Noble for $5 in the bargain section. It also has The Cat and the Curmudgeon and The Best Cat Ever. Very cute stories! I love how he talks about his cat and how he communicates with him. It cracks me up and I can SOOO relate to it! I give the book

grissom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I just refinished "The Poisonwood Bible" by Barbara Kingsolver. Very thought provoking book. I love it! Another recent read was "American Gods" by Neil Gaiman. I love his graphic novels, so I was very pleased to read a full length book by him. Very good, and again, rather thought provoking. (If you are a geek and love mythology, like me.) I am in the midst of Diana Gabaldon's "Outlander". I love that series. Oh, the main character is THE PERFECT MAN...
I am afraid to read the newest in the series though, because it is titled "The Firey Cross" and I'm afraid one of the main characters die, and I just couldn't handle that.

I get TOOO wrapped up in my books...

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katl8e

I didn't know that "Song of Susannah" was out already. I'll have to put a hold on it, at the library.

In addition, I'm working my way back through the "Cat Who......" series, one book a week.
I'm actually having a hard time putting "SOS" down, its pretty darn good !
Is that the "Cat Who" series by Lillian Jackson Braun?

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by mzjazz2u

I'm reading The Cat who came for Chirstmas. Is that the series you're talking about Cindy? They are by Cleveland Amory. I got this huge book from Barnes and Noble for $5 in the bargain section. It also has The Cat and the Curmudgeon and The Best Cat Ever. Very cute stories! I love how he talks about his cat and how he communicates with him. It cracks me up and I can SOOO relate to it! I give the book
No, I'm re-reading Lilian Jackson Braun's the "The Cat Who...." series. I HAVE read those books, by Cleveland Amory, though. Polar Bear was a neat cat.

alison

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Currently reading "Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers," by Mary Roach. I've always been fascinated by medical science, but I'm not a fan of blood, so this is a happy medium

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Alison

Currently reading "Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers," by Mary Roach. I've always been fascinated by medical science, but I'm not a fan of blood, so this is a happy medium
That's a great book. I read it, several months ago. I knew about some of the uses for cadavers: med schools, the Body Farm, etc.

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Gotta get this forum going again.

I've recently finished Jonathan Kellerman's "Therapy", "America, The Book" by Jon Stewart and the crew from "The Daily Show".

Waiting for the release of the latest "The Cat Who......" - "The Cat Who Went Bananas". The release date is Dec. 28 and I have a hold on it, at the library. I also have holds on Rita Mae Brown's latest Mrs. Murphy and Carole Nelson Douglas' newest Midnight Louie.

wenzee

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am currently reading The Christmas Train by David Baldacci. I've never read any of his other books, but sure am enjoying this one. I've ridden Amtrak to Colorado twice so I can easily picture everything he describes about the trains. The characters are great, too!

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz- eerie book~~~ He is the Master!

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The final book in the Dark Tower series by Stephen King. I've been reading the series for years, waiting avidly for the next in the series. Now I'm trying to limit how fast I read this, because once I've finished it the adventure will be over

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by flisssweetpea

The final book in the Dark Tower series by Stephen King. I've been reading the series for years, waiting avidly for the next in the series. Now I'm trying to limit how fast I read this, because once I've finished it the adventure will be over
I finished that, last month. Not going to give it away but, I was disappointed with the ending.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Wenzee

I am currently reading The Christmas Train by David Baldacci. I've never read any of his other books, but sure am enjoying this one. I've ridden Amtrak to Colorado twice so I can easily picture everything he describes about the trains. The characters are great, too!
I haven't read this one, but will look out for it, for sure. I have read most of his stuff and thoroughly enjoy it. A lot is thriller stuff but well written, but a real turnaround for him was "Wish you Well", which was a completely amazing story, with excellent characters, too. I recommend it highly (and need to look it out to have another read -- it was that good.)