What's Everyone Reading??

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I just found this thread. I am a book junkie. I just finished reading "The Nosy Neighbor" by Fern Michaels and I am currently reading "Hide Yourself Away" by Mary Jane Clark.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just finished The Taking by Dean Koontz- anyone else read this one? I have to say the ending left me feeling somewhat cheated-

rosehawke

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was wondering if there was a thread like this anywhere! I hardly ever look in on this forum.

Currently is "Men at Arms" by Terry Pratchett. I'm about to re-read the Harry Potter novels since the new one is about to come out, and after that I'll probably dive into some light mysteries that my sister sent home with me. So many mysteries have cats in them it's almost a sub-genre!

I am a huge Terry Pratchett fan (my sister got to meet him at a convention last fall) and read and re-read his books. It seems that Pratchett is the closest that I get to "thought-provoking" reading these days
!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am a book junkie too I usually go the the Goodwill store and stock up BUT I went to Barnes and Noble and bought "1776" by David McCullough. He had also written "John Adams" so I'll start on that this weekend. I do have some others in progress-one by Elizabeth George for instance. And I just got some magazines too!!

janemary

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am reading "The Shining" by Stephen King, the movie was scary so I thought I would try the book too!

It's even scarier!

erinandseamus

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I just bought the new book The Historian and I can't wait to get started. Plus my two new Stephen Booth books arrived today.

malakai711

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I just finished The DaVinci Code and I thought it was fabulous! It was so well written and it had me hooked from the very beginning... I couldnt put it down... I finished it in 4 days... I wanna read Angel's & Demons, also by Dan Brown... Anyone read it yet? I was in Barnes & Noble today and I wanna start reading the In Death series by J.D Robbs.. aka Nora Roberts... if anyone is interested in stories about witches and fantasy, I'd suggest The Three Sister's Trilogy (Dance Upon Air, Heaven and Earth and Face the Fire)...

jillian

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I read The DaVinci Code awhile back, and while I thought the story was interesting, I wasn't impressed with Brown's writing... at all.

I'm about half way through The Cider House Rules by John Irving. It's really a wonderful novel, but with reading all day at work, I often have a hard time sitting down in the evenings to do more reading. I'm hoping to finish it this week and then move on to another one of Irving's novels, The World According to Garp.

emmysamson

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I just finished a series by Sarah Strohmeyer....Bubbles Unbound, Bubbles in Trouble....there's a couple others. If you've ever read Janet Evanovich's Samantha Plum series, then you'll like the Bubbles books. I just started a new series by Joanna Carl....a chocoholics mystery. I don't know if they're that good, yet though.

mom of 10 cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Recently read: Pattern Recognition by William Gibson. Awesome, until the end. I was underwhelmed.
Revenge of the Sith novelization: Very very good, filled in a lot of the gaping plot holes from the movie.
Fingerprints of the Gods by Graham Hancock. Very interesting and well written crypto-archaeology, about the possibility of an advance pre-Flood civilization.

Currently reading: Underworld, also by Graham Hancock. This follows Fingerprints and involves archaeological sites that are underwater. I just learned today that less than 10000 yrs ago, the Persian Gulf didn't exist, it was a rich, fertile valley that may have been the origin of the Sumerian people.

Waiting desperately for: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince!!!

agent_haun

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am currently re-reading the Icewind Dale Trilogy by R. A. Salvatore. I've loved his books so far, being a fantasy freak. Can't wait for the next Harry Potter, though I have an odd feeling I'm going to be dissapointed...

batgirl2good

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think they went downhill after the 3rd one, to be honest.
I'll still read it, though.

Originally Posted by Agent_Haun

I am currently re-reading the Icewind Dale Trilogy by R. A. Salvatore. I've loved his books so far, being a fantasy freak. Can't wait for the next Harry Potter, though I have an odd feeling I'm going to be dissapointed...

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Also waiting on Harry Potter.

Currently in the middle of my 2nd read of the novelization of Revenge of the Sith.

jillian

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My husband and I are going to start reading The Chronicles of Narnia as soon as his finishes up his last summer class.

I just finished The Cider House Rules, and am anxiously waiting for Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince.

rosehawke

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
About halfway through Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. I've got what, about two weeks to finish it and get the other two re-read
?

Cindy
Mom to Narsil, Mithril and Kellie da Peke

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just finished Jonathan Kellerman's latest Alex Delaware novel, Rage. Being a psychologist, Kellerman always throws in some strange plot twists.