What's been going on positive in your life? - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
My mother was released from the hospital yesterday, so that is a step in the right direction. :nod:

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Wow, no one else has anything at all positive going on?

The humidity seems to have passed for at least one day so we should have a nice day out there today.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
we're in a (short) period of more reasonable temperatures here, so last night were able to keep the window open for the night. the cats and i enjoyed the nice cool air all night! 

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mum FINALLY agreed to adding a second litterbox to help with Asha's (suspected) FIC
:blobmul::clap::blobmir::woo::dance::hobbes::woohoo::banana2::winner::banana2::woohoo::hobbes::dance::woo::blobmir::clap::blobmul:​

eck1kaylie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It's my baby girl's first birthday today!!
This is kind of a huge deal for me. I always celebrate my cats' birthdays, but since my Jasper never made it to his first birthday, Onyx's is extra-special. :)

Edit: more positive news, I finally got a new job! The store I used to work at wad just... soul-sucking. It's a little nerve-wracking being a newbie again, this is only the second job I've ever had, but I already like it better!

Last edited:

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm back after a good vacation. Weather was good and the tropical storm held off until we got back home. :)

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
After a whirlwind few days, I think we have finally gotten dresses, suits, shirts, ties, jewelry, etc. squared away for my niece's rehearsal dinner and wedding next weekend. :cross:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Rick's parents'  house is sold! They just had closing! Gone, gone, gone! 

What an absolute relief that is for Rick. He walked through the house this morning, put his key on the kitchen counter, shut the door, walked away and never looked back. It's been an albatross.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Rick's parents'  house is sold! They just had closing! Gone, gone, gone! :clap:  :woohoo:  :banana1:
What an absolute relief that is for Rick. He walked through the house this morning, put his key on the kitchen counter, shut the door, walked away and never looked back. It's been an albatross.
OMG. I have the exact same positive news. My MIL's house has been on the market for 11 months. It's been a PITB on so many levels. We just closed escrow on Monday. Good-bye, Albatross! :wavey:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Rick's parents'  house is sold! They just had closing! Gone, gone, gone! 

This is a sign that good things are going to happen for you. 

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
:woo: for both of you! :clap:

We had a nice long weekend away. :)

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
We paid off the mortgage last week. :)

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We paid off the mortgage last week.
That's great
I've got a loong time to go before mine is paid off. But not quite so long now. My refinance closing is this Thursday. I'm going from a 30 year fixed to a 15 year fixed.

Nothing too positive happening in my life unless you count a week long staycation starting Thursday.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I'm getting ready for a trip to Cuba.  I leave on Wednesday.  
I read an article about traveling to Cuba after if has been made easier.  I am sure you are aware of everything.  This article said that most U..S credit cards can't be used there.  It also said that U.S health insurance isn't valid there.  Basic health insurance is part of the ticket price and this article said to keep your boarding pass with you as proof of health insurance.  It also said that technically you aren't supposed to be going for purely tourist reasons, it's supposed to be to learn about Cuba and it's people.

I think it would be interesting to go there.  If nothing else, to see all of the cars from the 50's still on the road.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
That's great :woohoo: I've got a loong time to go before mine is paid off. But not quite so long now. My refinance closing is this Thursday. I'm going from a 30 year fixed to a 15 year fixed.

Nothing too positive happening in my life unless you count a week long staycation starting Thursday.
Going from a 30 year to a 15 year is a huge positive! :nod:

A staycation is as well. :D Enjoy it.

My husband's company is changing health insurance companies and I think we finally figured out what plan to go with. :nod:

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
We didn't have many trick-or-treaters here, only 17, but those we did were so cute, sweet and thankful for what they received. :)

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
We all had a nice Thanksgiving over here. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.