What weird names do you have for your cat? I can't be the only one

ghiblithecat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cat's name is Ghibli--- and for no apparent reason I call him: "Rotisserie", "Jew Boy", "Jajoba berry", "Stoop Kid", and "little WooWoo"........ I am surprised he still knows his real name 

The other day I was calling "Rotisserie! Rotisserie!" and he came to that. Maybe I should start calling him his real name again 

Last edited:

ginny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

My cat's name is Ghibli--- and for no apparent reason I call him: "Rotisserie", "Jew Boy", "Jajoba berry", "Stoop Kid", and "little WooWoo"........ I am surprised he still knows his real name 

The other day I was calling "Rotisserie! Rotisserie!" and he came to that. Maybe I should start calling him his real name again 

Thanks for the laugh!  Now every time I hear the word Rotisserie I will think of you and your kitty!

ghiblithecat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Thanks for the laugh!  Now every time I hear the word Rotisserie I will think of you and your kitty!
My boyfriend looks at me like I'm such a weirdo when I call him that. It seriously just fits him though. Oh the names we come up with. 

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Mogli acquired a new nickname when we finally found his misplaced intake records at the shelter: Barrel Boy. Our little Mo(w)gli Monster was found in a barrel he'd fallen into as a feral, approximately 4-month-old kitten!

I find it hard to believe he was as wild as reported, because he's one of those cats you can do almost anything with

Last edited:

marcusmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Marcus had the late name of Mayhem because he's always looking for something to get into. I also call him Marky Monkey, cattery, kittery, catapilla , pillery, whisker biscuits, puss, baby, orange cat, silly Billie, and lovey. I don't expect him to respond to all of his names, but he does often.

eck1kaylie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Onyx has been with us for less than a week, and she's already got plenty of nicknames! 

It started with "Ixie" and "Cutie Pie"

Now that's expanded to "Ixie Pixie Puddin' Pie", "Pixie Pie", "Puddin' Pie", and just "Puddin'"

I call her Little Girl too, just because I don't want Ruby to get jealous if I call them both Babygirl. 

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
Oliver has acquired some new nicknames over the last few weeks. Some folks may remember when I was saying how he kept begging to go upstairs and then would immediately turn around and beg to be let back down (rinse and repeat), back in December. Well, the last couple weeks, we finally realized what Oliver sounded like He has this very strange meow, and we said he sounded like a seagull! I'll even go "Caw, caw!" at him and he'll "caw" back! So I call him my little Seagull. Then yesterday, mom was trying to describe his personality. And the best way she could describe it was "squishy". So now he is Squishy Seagull. Sometimes I just call him "Squish". It fits!

I think as he continues to grow, Gentle Giant will become more and more true of Oliver. He's huge, but such a gentle old soul. Oh, he plays around like the kitten he is, but he just loves everyone, and hates arguments that happen among other cats at times. He's a lover, not a fighter. And he loves ALL the kitties. I think it's so cute when he and Sara will sniff noses.

And then there's Penelopy. I've been calling her Slinky almost since the day she came here, because she's such a slinky kitty! Hard to explain, but it's the way she moves and stretches that makes me say that. I thought it was just because she was in heat that first week, but no, that's just her. I also call her my little Pole Dancer because of how she acts around the scratch pole :lol3:

mylucylou

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Shadow (who has passed): big boy, fuzzy nuts. Also he had a song (sung to the Oscar Meyer bologna tune) that went: oh my k-i-t-t-y has a first name it's s-h-a-d-o-w, my k-i-t-t-y has a second name,it's - - - - ,oh how I luv to pet my k-i-t-t-y everyday, and if you ask me why I'll say, because my k-i-t-t-y is c-u-t and e, how's that big boy! When I finished he would give me head butts or nose kisses.
Lucy Lou: baby girl, princess pea,precious baby

Last edited:

amber85

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We call my Niko Richard when he is being the D word.  lol

Its a running joke in my family. One time I called my sisters cat the D word not realizing her 7 year old son who is autistic was standing behind me. After I said it he replayed "Tribble's a D*** " lol opps. so now when my cat is being rude we call him Richard.

FYI: My sister has a potty mouth too so me saying the D word was nothing he hasn't heard before.

gonger

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Around my housemates and family, Pumpkin has been known as Pumpkies, Pumps, Grumpy Lump, Stinkbug, Tiny Tiger, Pretty Kitty, and D*****bag. She'll also respond to anything said in my talking to the cat tone. 

lindadmu

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Dex is . dex baby  we name him after a football player  . ha . dexter mccluster  ( when he was with the chiefs ) so we called him Mccluster at times.

shadow is shad shad

bandit  is band i poo  or little sh-- at times

boots is booties

sissy is sissy girl

flip is flip flop

most of all get the name little sh-- at times..

mollyblue

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Snowy became Snowyoeous, then Snowypuff, then Puffy, then Puffy Cat, then Puff, on to Ms. Puffins, and currently Puffin Stuff (Puff-n-stuff)

Tatiana was named Claire when we got her, but we didn't like that at all so she immediately became Tatiana which she never answered to.  That has evolved into Tati, then Hotty Totty or Haughty Tati,, simplified to tots, which somehow became tater tots. 

Buttercup is buttercup or little missy, or little momma, or my favorite, b-cups. 

Theodore = Theodorable or Theatrocious depending on how he is acting, most of the time just Theo, or little Theo or baby cakes and maybe moving toward little T with Tati being  big T and together they are the (sometimes Terrible) T's -= but not sure how that is going to catch on, it has just started cropping up.

losna

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We call Sinbad Sir Fuzzybottoms or Senor Whiny Britches. He doesn't answer to those, although he comes running when I call him Babycakes.

Tempest oddly has no nicknames. She is always Tempest.

cat mamas

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Haha, so many names for each cat! My fave is Snortise for our tortie who loves to snort up the food...