What to expect when she's expecting???

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

spooks

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
May 10th, so they'd only be about a month old , I'm sure I could keep them separated for at least another month, all of my cats were 8 weeks when rescued so they should be okay to be introduced around that time, right? I just don't want to keep them too cooped up once they're bigger and more active

spooks

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She hasn't eaten today (that I've seen) but she still seems to have an appetite. She'll go sit by her bowl and meow at me (it's full) and ate a treat when I offered her one so I'm not sure whether I should be preparing for labor soon or not. I know loss of appetite means it's happening soon but I'm not certain if this really counts. Will keep y'all updated!

spooks

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Anytime I go to pet her she gets up and walks around me to place her rear in my hand?? This is odd for her and I have no idea if it had to do with pregnancy or if she's just being strange

spooks

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She still has no milk so I guess we can't be that close, I'll still sit with her, she seems to want me near

spooks

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She ate a few bites, I think I'm just being overly paranoid!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It's so hard to know! I will say that not all cats get their milk early, so that's not an indicator you can count on.

Some cats will eat between delivering kittens, but many do stop eating. Does she get wet food too?

spooks

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
No, she used to be exclusively on wet food but my roommates complained of the smell so housing kindly asked me to switch her. She eats whole earth farms kitten formula now, but she drinks a TON of water if you're worried about fluids. I can see if I have any cans left, do you think I should try to give her some?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I do. I think she needs it while pregnant and nursing. It's great she drinks lots of water, but wet food is better for cats, especially if meat is the first ingredient. In addition to dry food, I should say.

Last edited:

spooks

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Okay! I'll see if I have any left and if not I'll purchase some tomorrow

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Sounds good! Just don't let it sit out too long. That's when it starts to smell bad.

Do you have kitten formula to give her to drink after she has the babies? She'll need the extra calcium.

Fancy Feast classic pates are meat first, by the way!

spooks

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes! Luckily someone I know just recently nursed a stray she found so I have about 3/4 a can

spooks

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Just a big 'ol belly shot, nothing seems to have changed today, still just watching and waiting(-:

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
Goodness! I keep waiting for the day I come to this thread and I see pictures of kittens!

spooks

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I think it may be happening! But she is NOT happy, I don't see any contractions but she is making horrible yells is this normal????

spooks

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She also keeps squatting like she's pooping so I think this may really be it, I'm really concerned about the yells

spooks

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She went under the bed, she's no longer screaming poor thing. I'm not sure what to do since she chose not to next in her box but under the bed, I can't really get to her but I'm trying to keep an eye on her

spooks

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh my god well the yelling stopped, I think she just wanted me to go away, but there's a kitten under there!!! She's very quiet now and I'm trying to leave her be because I can't get to the kittens, how do I get her to bring them out???