What to expect when she's expecting???

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I think you're right that it's from not being able to clean herself as well. You can use a warm damp rag and help her out. [emoji]128522[/emoji]

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

spooks

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you lulu97! We also adopted her in October (;

lexlovescats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Your maternity shoot is absolutely adorable! She looks so proud and happy. If cats could glow, I'd say she's glowing.

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
I LOVE the maternity shoot! I need to try to do one with my pregnant foster Olivia- if she doesn't have them before I get the props! She is due any day now!

spooks

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It was so much fun! And I've had a ton of adoption inquiries since(-;

spooks

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Nope! I thinks it's safe to say I had her conception date wrong (which would also explain why I couldn't feel the kittens for so long) so now we are playing the waiting game! She still seems normal except she's been sprawling out on her back more, but I think she may just be hot. Also, still no milk. I'll be sure to update when I notice any signs or changes!

spooks

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She doesn't seem to be in distress but she's sleeping ALL the time, her stomach is also hard which I think I read was a sign that we are nearing delivery

spooks

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She could be anywhere from 57-64 days along so we are keeping a very close watch on her

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, the tummy gets pretty firm near the end. Pregnant cats do sleep alot. Keep us posted!

spooks

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She doesn't have a lot of the typical signs I've read about but I can't help but feel we are very near to the end, when I say sleeping all the time I mean won't take more than a few steps before lying back down and taking a nap. She's also even more affectionate than before, it's like she can't get close enough to me. She's still eating quite a bit but those kittens are having a party in her belly and she's begun to explore her nest (but only when I'm near it, she walks between my legs everywhere I go and refuses to be alone which I don't think is very typical of nesting)

spooks

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Honestly she seems quite miserable :( is theee anything I can do to help her?

spooks

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh yes she's all about the belly rubs!!! She didn't before the pregnancy, but I'm glad she does now because it makes it easy to check for any milk/discharge. She cries any time I make eye contact with her; but she has always been a more talkative/whiny cat so I'm not sure what to make of it. I hope she's feeling alright!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
My guess is that your kitty is about 57 days along, and has 7-10 days left. They can get very miserable towards the end.

spooks

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Poor thing :( well that's good to know, thank you! And I will keep y'all updated!

spooks

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Still not kittens, but she's much more active now, I'm not sure what funk she was in those few days but she seems to be back to herself! I wanted to ask; when is it safe to introduce the kittens to another cat? Typically she and my boyfriends cat are together on weekends but we already have prepared to keep them separated. However, I'm in college and when I go home for the summer there are two cats (one male, one female, both fixed) and I'm afraid it may be more difficult to keep them separated

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You'll need to keep mom and kittens in your bedroom and separate from other cats until the kittens are much older. It will stress mom out otherwise. When do you head home?