What to expect when she's expecting???

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

spooks

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Okay so the receptionist just called back and apparently they double booked me? I'm so incredibly frustrated, if they weren't typically so accommodating I would find a different vet in a heartbeat. Unfortunately where I am majority of the vets have already closed for today and I'll have to wait until tomorrow to get an appointment. I looked up videos of kittens with URIs and he's nothing like that so I'm hopeful, he's not gravelly or anything it's just odd breathing. I'll keep an eye on him and if anything seems to change I'll take him to a vet ER

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Sounds like a plan!

Are you able to make a short video of the breathing and upload it to You Tube, then post the link here?

spooks

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I actually just left the house, my roommate is home I'll see if she can send me a video. He's not doing it ALL the time it's just in spurts. Also thank goodness for doctors in my family, my mom works at a pediatric office so she listened to his breathing and said it doesn't sound like an infection and if anything his lungs may be a bit underdeveloped which means it'll get better the more he meows and cries. I know humans and kittens aren't necessarily the same thing but it's a more educated observation than I can make!

spooks

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Okay I've been trying to take the video but he hasn't done the breathing thing. But on a happier note the one who lost this morning is now 216 so he's gained 9 grams! I'm starting to think there may be an issue with my scale :-//

spooks

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Everyone is doing well, I've had 4 separate people listen to the breathing, they all said they don't think it sounds like an infection but I'm still keeping an eye on them, I'd rather be overly concerned than brush off something that ends up being an issue. Are there other symptoms I should look for? I will be weighing them soon, they're nursing now

spooks

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Weights today:

#1- 234 (+10)
#2- 229 (+10)
#3- 232 (+17)
#4- 208 (+15)
#5- 223 (+16)

Finally back on track! #4 still has a bit of catching up to do but he's gaining well! They'll be a week old tomorrow(-:

spooks

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Are there any symptoms that could clue me in on whether there's something wrong other than their breathing? I'm still trying to get a video but they do it randomly so it's a bit difficult. There's no mucus or anything and their breathing sounds normal the rest of the time.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It looks like it's getting lots of use, but it looks okay. Are you oiling her nipples a couple of times a day to help with chapping?

spooks

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
No, what should I be piling them with? The only oil I currently have is Aegean oil but I'm not certain that's safe for her. I can pick up some coconut oil tomorrow if that's better?

spooks

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
*oiling

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know about Aegean oil... I do know that Coconut and Olive oil are safe!

spooks

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ooh I may have some olive oil that'll do for now! I'll pick up some coconut oil tomorrow anyway, thank you!

spooks

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Also that was supposed to say Argan if that makes a difference..not sure what's up with my auto correct tonight

spooks

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Weights for today! I weighed them earlier and forgot to post:

#1- 252 (+18g)
#2- 243 (+14)
#3- 246 (+14)
#4- 216 (+8)
#5- 236 (+13)

1 week old today! They melt my heart but unfortunately they'll have to stay with my boyfriend for the remainder of the semester. He's a great cat owner and I'm over there 4 days a week so I'm not too worried about them. I've showed him how to weigh and supplement them if necessary. I'll continue posting weights and any questions but I figured I would clue y'all in on the change. P.s. How sweet is this little face[emoji]128557[/emoji]

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
What's causing the change? Dorm rules?

Good you'll be checking on them still. The weights are excellent! [emoji]128077[/emoji]